Problems with AB mosfet

diwasas
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi!

Recently I've installed GATE PICOAAB mosfet, V2 gearbox. After few games noticed strange behaviour while shooting on semi, sometimes (very rare) trigger stuck like it is in safe position, I have to switch on full auto, shoot one round, then semi mode works again. Active braking stops the gears in specific position where cutoff-lever does not allow to pull the trigger anymore. Does anyone ever had this problem? 

As far as I know active braking is time based, could this happen due to installed 16:1 gears? I'm using 7.4v lipo battery.

• Supporters

The PICOAAB is pretty basic so yes, it could be because of the gear ratio spinning a bit too quick for the MOSFET to catch it

2 hours ago, diwasas said:

After few games noticed strange behaviour while shooting on semi, sometimes (very rare) trigger stuck like it is in safe position, I have to switch on full auto, shoot one round, then semi mode works again.

Absolutely nothing to do with the MOSFET. All the MOSFET is doing is providing back EMF to the motor to arrest the gearbox.

The problem is more likely to be you. Spamming single shot without pulling the trigger fully. And it's the COL and contact dolly that are getting stuck because of it.

I had this exact same problem with the exact same mosfet. I had them installed in three of my rifles. As soon as I removed them and installed a non active braking mosfet I had no more issues. 

My friend has a no name active braking mosfet and I never had a problem with that one.

I blame that particular model of mosfet personally. So easy to lock up even pulling the trigger remotely quickly. 

18 hours ago, Iceni said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the MOSFET. All the MOSFET is doing is providing back EMF to the motor to arrest the gearbox.

The problem is more likely to be you. Spamming single shot without pulling the trigger fully. And it's the COL and contact dolly that are getting stuck because of it.

I know about this problem too, but in many years in airsoft I've never faced this problem until I installed a mosfet :) 

Thank you all for replies, guess I'll have to reinstall nonAB mosfet to see if problem disapeared.

Archived