Eye protection help

GeoTekk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone used this before (images attached ) Im new to Airsoft and purchased this to go on fast helmet. I purchased them not from the attached image but another seller  at same price which didn't have information on them but this is the exact same goggles/mask from another seller.

I don't have a gun to test if it's ok as need more games etc to apply for ukara and don't want my eyes being shot out if this is no use just to see if anyone used this before.

If no use any recommendations as to what I can get that would like fit the mask and fast helmet cheers

Screenshot_20200218-214442.png

Screenshot_20200218-214459.png

The googles (which i dont believe) say rated up to 310fps. Yeah, no thank you. You are better off getting £10 bolle safety glasses as they will be rated.

please do not use these other than dressing up at home

Yeah I'm unsure so thought would post but like you said now that I'm thinking about it IL buy something which I know will protect me. These kind of questions prob get asked but was unsure about the one I posted but thanks for response and IL get my self bolle ones cheers

• Supporters

That's surprisingly honest.  "310 fps" with a 0.2g BB is inadequate, so you can sack that off right away.

However, that's ~0.89J which is close to the 0.87J for EN 166 F impact protection (0.86g steel BB at 45 m/s).  I wonder if that's what they really mean?

EN 166 F is also inadequate, but bear in mind that there's a huge jump from F to B, at  6.192J, so just because something's rated as F doesn't mean that it only just meets or exceeds F.  It could be anywhere between F and B.  Anyone wearing glasses rather than full frame goggles is already taking that gamble, as glasses can only be rated to F, not B.

tl;dr version though - I wouldn't gamble that much on an unknown mask.

Big question though,

Why is everyone asking question about stuff AFTER buying said stuff?

No worries IL just look out for some that 100% good for airsoft, I only wanted the mask part but came with goggles and thought I'd ask you guys about them but feedback from urselfs I'm going to buy better rated goggles and thanks for the input guys 

Just have a look online (Ebay) for grade 1 or 2 listed Revision glasses or goggles... Not very expensive and legit eyepro.  (Own both glasses & goggles and last sunday got full auto in the face.. 5hits in the right eyeball..not even a scratch.  :)

• Supporters
On 21/02/2020 at 14:21, Skara said:

Big question though,

Why is everyone asking question about stuff AFTER buying said stuff?

I often wonder that myself. Not just gear but guns too...

I got some revision sawfly eyepro with prescription inserts and I swear by them. Pricey, but eyepro is worth it.

Archived