Rail Repair

Shootin Aces
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shootin Aces said:

Hi all!

Anyone got any ideas on how to repair this? Or how to clean it up a bit, I did think bronze paint but thought I would ask

20200221_102912.jpg

20200221_102958.jpg

WTF happened to that?

It’s a rail.

Accept it has happened.

The rail will still function as a rail, there are still threads in there.

Mount something on it, touch up with some paint or if you don’t like it then replace the rail.

Back in the day I filed back one of the rails on a gun body to precisely align a feed.  The item manufacturer saw my mod and asked for more pictures and dimensions which they put into the redesign of their next iteration. 
I no longer use the item, so if I bring out that gun there’s a shiney gap on a black body.  It has no effect on function 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

It’s a rail.

Accept it has happened.

The rail will still function as a rail, there are still threads in there.

Mount something on it, touch up with some paint or if you don’t like it then replace the rail.

Back in the day I filed back one of the rails on a gun body to precisely align a feed.  The item manufacturer saw my mod and asked for more pictures and dimensions which they put into the redesign of their next iteration. 
I no longer use the item, so if I bring out that gun there’s a shiney gap on a black body.  It has no effect on function 

You're right of course but some of us are bothered by aesthetics...

Thanks for the tips guys much appreciated! Ladders and a laser box had crossed my mind, the paint might work too 👌🏻 thanks lads 

On 21/02/2020 at 12:19, Lozart said:

WTF happened to that?

I got it like this, the person before had done it for his use so I wasn't bothered by it

Archived