Classic Army ISSC MK22 Replacement hop up

FirsthandSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I have just come to replace my hop up unit with a ZCI CNC M4 Style hop unit, and its too short and too wide at the top where the arm sits. So being too short the magazine feeds infront of the unit, and being too wide I can actuall get the outerbarrel back onto the frame of the gun. The ZCI is a ProWin copy, and looking and most others hops, theyre all the same size, am I just being a noob or am I missing something? I have copied in a picture for reference, the red hop being the new ZCI.

Are there any decent upgrade hops the same size as the CA one I already have?

Thanks a lot guys

20200220_202504[1379].jpg

I run a ZCI (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZCI-Rotary-M4-hop-unit-Plastic/163763044055?hash=item262109bed7:g:Ep0AAOSwdS1dHKsB) in my CA M15A4

and an SHS (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHS-Hop-Up-Chamber-Gen2-for-M4-Plastic/163883036908?hash=item262830b0ec:g:ptYAAOSwKIhdHKqr) in my CA body / G&P barrel M733.

Both are plastic, but work perfectly - having said that i'm not entirely certain if the new gen CA AEGs use the same inside dimensions as the old ones.. on the outside they are very different.

My brother has the Nemesis which uses that exact hop unit you have there, but I don't have it to hand to do a swap out and check at the moment i'm afraid.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, FirsthandSnow said:

Hi, I have just come to replace my hop up unit with a ZCI CNC M4 Style hop unit, and its too short and too wide at the top where the arm sits. So being too short the magazine feeds infront of the unit, and being too wide I can actuall get the outerbarrel back onto the frame of the gun. The ZCI is a ProWin copy, and looking and most others hops, theyre all the same size, am I just being a noob or am I missing something? I have copied in a picture for reference, the red hop being the new ZCI.

Are there any decent upgrade hops the same size as the CA one I already have?

Thanks a lot guys

20200220_202504[1379].jpg

The problem you have there is mistakenly thinking that a "SCAR" is the same as an M4. T'ain't gonna fit, no way, no how.

More to the point, what is actually wrong with the old hop unit anyway? Is it underperforming in some way or are you upgrading "because you can"? (Lord knows I'm guilty of that one!)

10 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The problem you have there is mistakenly thinking that a "SCAR" is the same as an M4. T'ain't gonna fit, no way, no how.

That being said, the metal CA hop there in his pic is the same one used in the Nemesis series, which as far as I'm aware is part of their AR type lineup.

I think it's likely that CA have just made their dimensions a bit different to standard... probably to mate perfectly inside the receiver while causing issues for customisation.

There does indeed seem to be some significant difference in length between the nozzle entry hole and the front wall of the feed nozzle in the above pic though 😕 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, mzjango said:

That being said, the metal CA hop there in his pic is the same one used in the Nemesis series, which as far as I'm aware is part of their AR type lineup.

I think it's likely that CA have just made their dimensions a bit different to standard... probably to mate perfectly inside the receiver while causing issues for customisation.

There does indeed seem to be some significant difference in length between the nozzle entry hole and the front wall of the feed nozzle in the above pic 😕 

Assuming you mean the X9, the Nemesis isn't an AR15/M16/M4 though, is it? It's a pistol calibre PDW thing and while yes you assume correctly that the design of hop unit pictured is to allow for the different dimensions inside the SCAR/Nemesis it still doesn't make it an M4 hop unit.

1 minute ago, Lozart said:

The Nemesis isn't an AR15/M16/M4 though, is it? It's a pistol calibre PDW thing and while yes you assume correctly that the design of hop unit pictured is to allow for the different dimensions inside the SCAR/Nemesis it still doesn't make it an M4 hop unit.

No not the X9... this one https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/assault-rifles/electric-aeg-rifles/m4/classic-army-nemesis-hex-m4-carbine-aeg-lock-rail-10/

• Supporters
Just now, mzjango said:

In that case, yes they've done it because it isn't the same dimensions as a standard M4 with a standard V2 gearbox positioning. Because they're dicks.

Regardless, there isn't any apparent source of upgraded aftermarket hops but unless the CA QC has dropped dramatically since they made my MP5K I don't understand the reasoning behind swapping it out. Change the rubber yes, but why the hop unit?

1 minute ago, Lozart said:

In that case, yes they've done it because it isn't the same dimensions as a standard M4 with a standard V2 gearbox positioning. Because they're dicks.

Regardless, there isn't any apparent source of upgraded aftermarket hops but unless the CA QC has dropped dramatically since they made my MP5K I don't understand the reasoning behind swapping it out. Change the rubber yes, but why the hop unit?

Yeah, almost as bad as G&P and their cursed CW threads 😥

But yes, good point... is there an actual issue with the stock hop @FirsthandSnow  ... and if not but you really just wanna tinker and maybe improve some stuff start with the hop rubber and nub, something like a Maple leaf sleeve and flat nub will provide a decent little improvement over stock and wont break the bank.

• Supporters

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

Yeah, I was swapping for swapping sake aha I had changed out the barrel and hop rubber so thought about giving it a new hop unit.

I just returned the unit to the seller, and will now go by the old saying "if it ain't broke, dont fix it" :)

Thanks for the links and info, it's really helpful :)

regards 

Archived