Will a new Hop Up fit

BarryFCT
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys,

I own a G&G wildhog 9inch and I was wondering if the Umbrella Prometheus 6.03 EG inner barrel with R-hop will fit.

Is there a way to see if it fits or does anyone know?

And if someone has a better hop up with barrel for less let me know.

BarryFCT

• Supporters

There is no reason to put an R-hop into an aeg. The only thing an r-hop does is that it allows you to use very heavy BBs. Heavier BBs give more accuracy but an AEG is not powerful enough to effectively use them. With 350fps the max is about 0.32g and that can be spun even by a normal hop rubber.

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Samurai said:

There is no reason to put an R-hop into an aeg. The only thing an r-hop does is that it allows you to use very heavy BBs. Heavier BBs give more accuracy but an AEG is not powerful enough to effectively use them. With 350fps the max is about 0.32g and that can be spun even by a normal hop rubber.

*Looks at m4*

*Looks at bag of geoffs .48's*

Hold muh beer....

An aeg absolutely can use the heavies with the right hop, and it is supremely effective, but its also stupidly expensive.

However, on principle i agree, about the .3 range is a good balance of cost/performance for an assault gun and you dont need a full blown rhop to lift those.

• Supporters
On 21/02/2020 at 18:02, Rogerborg said:

I have a TDC flat hop in my 200 fps AEP.

GwbD0Ct.gif

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. 

@BarryFCT what are you trying to achieve? Reason for asking that this weekend with stock barrel , "cheap" ZCI plastic rotary hop and maple leaf macaron bucking I was lifting 0.3's with a good flick at the end with no hop applied. Granted not an ideal setup but proof you don't NEED an R Hop to get that level of performance.

Do you want more range?

Do you want more FPS?

Do you want more accuracy?

Do you want all of the above?

What weight ammo would you prefer to use?

Do you want an excuse to waste money?

Answer those and people will be able to help more than just generic answers.

@Steveocee 

I use 0.3 but with the stock hop up unit and I dont have a consistent range and accuracy.

So i would like little more range with some form of consistent accuracy.

I now have a 6.05 / 200mm long barrel is there any benefit of buying a longer one? like 350mm one thats 6.03.

FPS is not the problem 

thanks in advance.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, BarryFCT said:

@Steveocee 

I use 0.3 but with the stock hop up unit and I dont have a consistent range and accuracy.

So i would like little more range with some form of consistent accuracy.

I now have a 6.05 / 200mm long barrel is there any benefit of buying a longer one? like 350mm one thats 6.03.

FPS is not the problem 

thanks in advance.

when you want range do you want absolute range, or just effective range?

the latter will be increased with improved accuracy.

currently i'm loving the MAXX units, one of those with a maple leaf macaron and your choice of barrel (personally i like pdi's 6.01 although i might try a 6.05 in my current build)

you'll probably be wanting to put a lot of effort into shoring up compression, doesn't matter how good the hop unit/rubber/barrel is if it's being given poor airflow, if anything i'd suggest doing that first before going so far as to change the whole combo.

I'd likely start with a bloody good barrel clean.

Longer barrel won't give you much if any advantage, going tighter is a good thing though, 6.03 is a good size.

Ammo may be playing a part in this, don't use cheap ammo unless you're slinging loads in CQB, use a good quality ammo. I personally will only run Geoffs Super Precision, it's not that much more than a bag of cheap stuff and it's far more consistent.

• Supporters
On 23/02/2020 at 19:14, Lozart said:

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Doing what we can rather than what we should is the only thing that separate us from animals[*].

[*] Except honey badgers.

Archived