So I've just discovered Negative Airsoft!!

AlphaBear
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

OMG, I just discovered Negative Airsoft. That guy totally cracked me up with his candid banter and view of Airsoft and erm certain brands and models in particular. Looks like my TM recoil is a piece of overpriced plastic and metal and I should get a sub £200 Cyma coz that can do the same thing as the TM... Really? Still, I was in stitches and then started to agree how expensive a NGRS really is.... why did I decide to start airsofting again.....lol

I think the wider point he makes about TM and CYMA is valid - ie if you are just going to gut a TM for 'upgrades' then just get a ruddy CYMA to start with and do the same thing and it will outperform the TM for much less than what you would spend otherwise.

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I think the wider point he makes about TM and CYMA is valid - ie if you are just going to gut a TM for 'upgrades' then just get a ruddy CYMA to start with and do the same thing and it will outperform the TM for much less than what you would spend otherwise.

it feels to me more rebelling against the parroted trend.

i do see his point, but equally if you want decent performance without putting any time/energy/money into tech work then tm is at least the safe and predictable option.

it's kind of the same thing you see with folks impressions of hpa- that you just buy an hpa and magically your gun will shoot like a laser beam for evermore.

Granted tm recoil is not a cheap option and you don't get buckets more for the cost. But it is a reliable good performance ootb aeg with mag cut out, bolt stop and recoil. You can't get all that in an upgraded cyma. Provided you don't immediately gut it and replace all the parts which I agree is stupid, I think that is more the point of the video. Dumping tonnes into upgrades on anything before wearing out the stock parts provided they already proficiently functioning is wasteful and it's a point he makes a lot. 

• Supporters
44 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i do see his point, but equally if you want decent performance without putting any time/energy/money into tech work then tm is at least the safe and predictable option.

And he doesn't say otherwise.

It's me! I'm here! Fuck y'all!

Basically, I don't like the trend of buying the most expensive gun you can get & changing it out with parts that if you were to put them in a different cheaper gun, that gun would then perform the same as the NGRS.

It makes no sense!

It's ordering a plain cheeseburger with no chrese & then demanding additional ketchup, lettuce, tomato & cheese. 

The NGRS is fine how it is, once you've seen inside & compare it to a normal TM gearbox (that people don't like for some reason) you get to realise it's basically the same.

Power of suggestion baby!

...and so long as people realise I'm a dick who trolls the scammers & dishonest sellers in his videos & that I'm not actually like that in real life, you get to enjoy airsoft a little more 😉

Now let's all go and put sorbo pads in standard UK spec guns, wrap our bollocks in plumbers tape and shout at toddlers down the park.

N.A.

37 minutes ago, Armourpiercing said:

wrap our bollocks in plumbers tape and shout at toddlers down the park.

N.A.

Keep your disgusting sexual perversions to yourself Luke :P

Context is a bitch eh?

1 hour ago, Armourpiercing said:

It's me! I'm here! Fuck y'all!

Basically, I don't like the trend of buying the most expensive gun you can get & changing it out with parts that if you were to put them in a different cheaper gun, that gun would then perform the same as the NGRS.

It makes no sense!

It's ordering a plain cheeseburger with no chrese & then demanding additional ketchup, lettuce, tomato & cheese. 

The NGRS is fine how it is, once you've seen inside & compare it to a normal TM gearbox (that people don't like for some reason) you get to realise it's basically the same.

Power of suggestion baby!

...and so long as people realise I'm a dick who trolls the scammers & dishonest sellers in his videos & that I'm not actually like that in real life, you get to enjoy airsoft a little more 😉

Now let's all go and put sorbo pads in standard UK spec guns, wrap our bollocks in plumbers tape and shout at toddlers down the park.

N.A.

Dude you're cracking me up and no that wasn't a suggestion about anal anything before someone suggests otherwise!

I'm guilty of cracking open a gearbox coz I just like tinkering and then seeing how I can make the sod run better... granted there's no need to upgrade a TM with pommy parts unless it's broken or tastes like a wet lettuce... but many like me like to operate as close as possible to 350 myself even though I probably shoot like a stormtrooper and can't hit jack ... Why use normal petrol when you can use higher octane Shell V power ;)

4 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

Luke (Negative Airsoft) is also on here.  He's a sound chap, doesn't take it all so seriously and a breathe of fresh 🙂 Great for the sport.

I'm going through his videos one by one... I'm in stitches!. 😂

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

I'm going through his videos one by one... I'm in stitches!. 😂

The one he did for a certain airsoft celebrity is particularly wondrous!

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The one he did for a certain airsoft celebrity is particularly wondrous!

Linky cos I am lazy?

• Mostly Retired Moderators
4 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

There are Airsoft celebs? 🤔 

There are lots of pretend Airsoft Celebrities, but only one true celebrity.

Stretch McChicken of Super Mega Tactical Airsoft News

21 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

There are lots of pretend Airsoft Celebrities, but only one true celebrity.

Stretch McChicken of Super Mega Tactical Airsoft News

Stretch McChicken? Well, I can safely say that on this day of 20th Feb in year of our Lord 2020 I have truly been educated ... 

27 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

MNiiFVc.jpg

Gent's that's a Marui SOPMOD recoil on the right... look closely you'll see the blowback port... Wait hold on, it doesn't have one... my bad... it's a Cyma! 🤪

I’ve just found his videos myself. I was thinking of buying an HK45CT and found his video review, breath of fresh air 🤗 I’m steadily working my way through the rest. Keep it up fella 🤙

15 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Gent's that's a Marui SOPMOD recoil on the right... look closely you'll see the blowback port... Wait hold on, it doesn't have one... my bad... it's a Cyma! 🤪

How very dare you. That is a double eagle m83.

Always thought about sending some of my more esoteric stuff to be upgraded with Luke. Would create an interesting video of absoloute frustration. 

Ares Soc-AR. SRC XM8, TM Famas and S&T Tavor please @Armourpiercing? All the parts ready ;)

6 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I just had to google that.... omg 🤣

bbgunsforless has given it erm 5 stars!! 🙄

That will be Stretch.

Archived