250 Round Midcaps - EPM1 by PTS and ODIN Innovations

BibbsOnTour

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Unfortunately, only available in the US at present but certainly one to watch out for in the future...

In the comments of the Facebook post they also mention 'shorty' versions with 170rnd capacity.

https://www.airsoft-milsim-news.com/epm-2-magazine-by-pts-and-odin-innovations-overview/

4 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I wonder if these would create significant midcap syndrome due to bb pressure when full. 

Yeah, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get a new tappet spring in there before using these...  whenever my MAG 190 rounders start giving me issues I usually swap it out and it'll give me at least another good year of service 😅

• Supporters

That is... bold.

It's hard to see how you could have anything like consistent feeding all the way through.

It is Odin though, and their windy-loader has changed many a life.

Aside, if you have double feeding issues, if you take a 6mm drill bit, shove it up your feed tube and (by hand) very very gently carve out a tiny relief in the top of your hop unit, it can do wonders. 

Slightly tangential I know but can these really be called mid-caps given the capacity of them?

I must admit, I'm looking forward to their re-release of the G36 EPM's.

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Slightly tangential I know but can these really be called mid-caps given the capacity of them?

I must admit, I'm looking forward to their re-release of the G36 EPM's.

i suppose it's as much in deference to the operating mechanism as the capacity.

7 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I would also love to see some G36 PTS mags. There are very few G36 mid cap mags above 100 rd available. 

I'm not sure what the capacity will be (personally I prefer low cap's) but the G36 mag's were announced/shown off at the same event as the new EPM's.

On 19/02/2020 at 18:05, Rogerborg said:

That is... bold.

It's hard to see how you could have anything like consistent feeding all the way through.

It is Odin though, and their windy-loader has changed many a life.

Aside, if you have double feeding issues, if you take a 6mm drill bit, shove it up your feed tube and (by hand) very very gently carve out a tiny relief in the top of your hop unit, it can do wonders. 

Does anyone on here use the windy loader? I've still got the Marui XL speed loader. Do I need a windy loader in my life? 

22 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Does anyone on here use the windy loader? I've still got the Marui XL speed loader. Do I need a windy loader in my life? 

I've only ever heard good about the Odin.

Cheap repro's are a total waste though apparently. A testimony to "buy cheap buy twice".

I've seen eagle6 use them during their build show off videos but having one of them on you whilst running around in woodland or indoors you'll be heard coming from miles away surely. They don't half make a racket like a bunch of maracas....😂 

2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Yeah I've had an Odin m12 Sidewinder for a couple of years now.

Great bit of kit, fill 5-6 mid caps up in the time it takes to do 1-2 with a traditional speed loader.

And what a lot of people don't realise is it has an adjustable clutch (the hex nut on the front of the mech) - so you can tune it to only fill a mag up partially, I have mine tuned to put 170 rounds in my 190 round mids.

If I want full capacity I just tighten the nut up a bit. 

As for the noise, If you do want to take it out in the field with you, I believe the current generation have a gel sound dampener membrane that reduces the noise (mine doesn't as it was an early one 😥).

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

yes you do, it's a different level to a normal speedloader, 

noise wise it's all right if you fill it full, i tend to go on the basis if i've emptied my mags and had to refill mid-game stealth has already long gone out the window. you can get foam kits for them to make them a bit quieter.

Thanks Chaps... I'd better look into this then... Seems there's a sidewinder and a newer transformer..but £50 for the sidewinder... damn that's not cheap..

Just seen on their fb page that the coronavirus is affecting the launch announcement of the transformer!!

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Thanks Chaps... I'd better look into this then... Seems there's a sidewinder and a newer transformer..but £50 for the sidewinder... damn that's not cheap..

worth every penny

i have one of the og ones from when evike was the only place that had them, used it religiously since and not had a single issue.

you could try one of the clones, but i've heard some horror stories about things like the handles breaking etc.

I won't buy a clone on principal as they rip off legit entrepreneur designs.... as they say you buy cheap and pay twice or thrice... 

The adjustable clutch is quite clever... I assume with each rotation of the handle you get the same amount of bbs's? How does it work with stiff spring mags? PTW mags as an example? 

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I won't buy a clone on principal as they rip off legit entrepreneur designs.... as they say you buy cheap and pay twice or thrice... 

The adjustable clutch is quite clever... I assume with each rotation of the handle you get the same amount of bbs's? How does it work with stiff spring mags? PTW mags as an example? 

i haven't specifically tried ptw, but it's fed everything i've thrown at it no problem. obviously the clutch can be tightened up as needed.

the ak adaptors are pretty stiff, mostly due to the s bend the adaptor needs, but it still feeds fine.

I've had a quick look online and the m12 seems to be out of stock almost everywhere... well in the UK that is...

I've also just seen the transformer video from zshot2020 so I expect the stocks are low as they are waiting to switch production to that model perhaps?

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I've had a quick look online and the m12 seems to be out of stock almost everywhere... well in the UK that is...

I've also just seen the transformer video from zshot2020 so I expect the stocks are low as they are waiting to switch production to that model perhaps?

possibly, i can't say it's something i've paid that much attention to since it launched.

42 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

12 BBs per rotation... so if you want to short fill without adjusting the clutch you can just count your rotation to the desired level... 10 turns = aprox 120 BBs for example.

It's also very easy to take apart, clean or repair with no springs or fancy mechs to deal with. And they do sell a parts kit if you happen to break something... 10 quid most places I believe; not needed it so far!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.