we glock 17 gen 4?

Syks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Whats this pistol like? im seriously considering buying one as a back up/spare pistol, I use my tm hi capa 5.1 as a main at cqb which I absolutely LOVE but would like another pistol so I can mix it up a little :) my main need for a back up pistol is it must have a 11mm threaded outer barrel so I can put my tracer unit on it.

I may be open to other pistol recommendations but do like the look of the glocks, I would of just bought another tm pistol but would have to spend additional  cash on a outer barrel just so I can run a tracer, does the umerex glock 17 have a threaded barrel?

All input is greatly received 

Thanks

I know its close range but still like the bb to go exactly where im aiming lol my hi capa is pin point accurate :) 

TM Glocks are like £15 - 20 more than WE.

More than worth the additional....I've even selling an unskirmished TM G18C 😉

48 minutes ago, Syks said:

I know its close range but still like the bb to go exactly where im aiming lol my hi capa is pin point accurate :) 

Yeah fair play, normally I'm not that flippant apologies - it's not going to be as accurate as a TM out of the box, if you're eager for good performance straight away, consider paying a little more for a TM.

I was going to get a tm as don't mind paying more for something decent, only thing that puts me off is it dosent have a threaded barrel as stock, so will have to pay out more for a outer barrel or sas kit as I like to play with a tracer unit :) 

Was looking at the we glock 17 gen 4 as it comes with a metal slide and a 11mm threaded outer barrel as stock, for under £100 I just thought it might be a deal, I LOVE my tm 5.1 but I have upgraded it which was extra cost, would really like to buy something that I don't have to upgrade if I can 

Thanks for replies :) 

WE Gocks are rock solid. Out of the box they might not be as accurate as TM, but it doesn't take much to get them there. A maple leaf hop rubber and a bit of filing on the slide will close the gap nearly all the way, and a crazy jet outer barrel and maple leaf hop unit will probably put the WE ahead.

It's defiantly cheeper to start with a WE and upgrade it than to start with the TM and then upgrade the outer barrel and then a metal slide, then a stronger recoil sprint etc, etc.

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

WE Gocks are rock solid. Out of the box they might not be as accurate as TM, but it doesn't take much to get them there. A maple leaf hop rubber and a bit of filing on the slide will close the gap nearly all the way, and a crazy jet outer barrel and maple leaf hop unit will probably put the WE ahead.

It's defiantly cheeper to start with a WE and upgrade it than to start with the TM and then upgrade the outer barrel and then a metal slide, then a stronger recoil sprint etc, etc.

What needs to be filed on the WE's slide? 

I’ll try and take a picture later. 

If you file a shallow ramp on the inside of the slide at the front edge of the ejection port the slide cycle is much smoother as is the barrel tilt. The smoothness of the cycle has an impact on gas efficiency and accuracy.

obviously if you go too far you will ruin the slide. Also if you do it badly (I.e the ramp is uneven) then you can do more harm than good.

Here you can see the slope I filed into the underside of the slide at the front edge of the ejection port. Make sure the slope is even and don’t file too far or you will ruin the slide. If done properly there should still be a step of about a tenth of a mm if material at the front of the ejection port. If done well it will be invisible from the outside of the pistol.

I strongly recommend anyone attempting this do the filing by hand rather than trying to use a multi tool.

95BBD2FF-F195-4583-A898-566FDF665A77.jpeg

I have a WE Gen 3 G17 as my sidearm and it is a workhorse of a pistol. I might give the above mod a go and see if it makes a difference.

As ever, I have been looking at the WE G19 Gen 5 as it looks a bit sexy.

1 hour ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

As ever, I have been looking at the WE G19 Gen 5 as it looks a bit sexy.

personally I think the WE G19x is the best pistol in the WE Glock range. The shortened slide is nice for weapon transition (particularly doing 2 gun competition shooting) and the full size grip is both comfortable and means all your existing G17 mags will fit properly without a spacer.

The proportions also look really nice. I currently have 2 (one with a red dot and one with Iron sights). They are my go-to skirmish weapons. I use a WE G17 hi speed (split slide) as my competition pistol.

Thanks guys, think I will go ahead and get the we glock 17 then when I have the cash :) 

Thanks again

Archived