ASG Blasters piss poor QC

Cromulon1994
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've had issues with a gas m870, so much so I sent it back under warranty. 

Jamming, misfeeding and eventually it locked up. 

However, h8r revolver "magazines" need to be loaded by hand, and I've noticed this bottle of blaster 0.25s has a lot of mis shaped bbs. 

First noticed when some wouldn't sit properly (or at all) in the relatively tight tolerances of the magazine. I originally poured around 12 or so out, I have "rejected" 5. 

Some have nipples and some have indents, one isn't even spherical. 

Couple of photos to prove. Cameras not great but thought it would provide a bit of clarification. 

IMG_20200217_143611.jpg

IMG_20200217_143457.jpg

I've gone through a few of the new bottles of 0.25s and haven't had any issues but I've been out of the game for quite a few months (broken ribs last September, then too much other "life" getting in the way), if this is their new quality standards then I'm going to be changing my usual ammo!  Anyone got any suggestions?

I've got a bag of 0.3 Geoffs to try but I doubt my bank balance (or wife!) would be too happy about me running them permanently!

5 hours ago, Steveocee said:

I put a post up on ukac on facebook and a moderator removed it. One of the mods is an ASG representative. 

18 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

I put a post up on ukac on facebook and a moderator removed it. One of the mods is an ASG representative. 

Speaks volumes. Just remember it for next time. To be fair, Geoffs from outdoortactical don't work out "that" much more.

• Supporters

I believe that Blasters had a bad batch several years back, then sorted it out, but recently they seem to be back to being shitty and shattering again.

Who do they think they are, Nuprol?

• Supporters

Egg BB's ???

I got a MadBull Python mofo barrel that is tighter than a nun's c......

(it is extremely tight)

Grab half a dozen BB's and drop them through that barrel

very few drop through that bastid barrel only G&G's dropped through it without jamming

ergo - G&G's are a pretty safe bet imho

I might just rename the MadBull & call it Bob Marley like the Office/Network Printer...

Image result for bob marley printer

but it is a good BB/Egg test barrel I've found

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Speaks volumes. Just remember it for next time. To be fair, Geoffs from outdoortactical don't work out "that" much more.

this is true, they're surprisingly economical given it's the premium stuff.

i normally run their .32's and it works out cheaper than .3's from the local brick and mortar.

admittedly the problem with geoff's is the desire to run the heavies, then that doesn't get cheap.....

• 2 weeks later...

Chaps

Reading this, one is to avoid Nuprol and ASG Devil Blasters and Ares Amoeba? It seems you guys generally swear on Geoff's or G&G Armament PSBP? Are there any other reliable brands or are these two it?

Also, for an AEG shooting at 340fps would you recommend 0.28's or 0.30's for outdoors?

Geoffs do Super Precision and Precision I presume the SP is better than the P for woodland or does it not really matter?

ta..

6 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Chaps

Reading this, one is to avoid Nuprol and ASG Devil Blasters and Ares Amoeba? 

I thought this affected only standard Blasters. Never had a problem with the devils. 

Had a few bottles of open blasters cause feeding issues.  My tm 14 would just stop feeding completely and the m16 would occasionally fire the odd lemon dropping after 10m.  Think i might switch to the g&g bios.  

Never had any issues with geoffs or the asg cursed bb’s. 
tried Valken and they were horrible. Used rockets but they seem to go a hit and miss in quality. For a while swore by ‘the draft club’ but they went really bad with misshaped and oversize bb’s especially in their .25’s and .28’s. 

I have used the ASG cursed for years now and their .25s are constantly brilliant. For anything heaver than that however I use Ares Amoeba Diamond which also have never had a problem with in the year or so that I have been using them for. I would highly recommend both. 

Archived