Kingfisher Group - Pts/Milsim Group Based in Liverpool

Guest LukeJLFC
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

How much training does it take to be able to turn your face into featureless black mask?

i've heard most dropouts from SAS selection were for being unable to simaltaneously blur the face and mask the voice at the same time.

Guest LukeJLFC
2 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Looks like good fun and I wish you luck - seems like your head's screwed on in the sense that you want to try hard without being tryhards

Just remember to keep it fun, the moment you "require" training etc. is the point where it all becomes a load of bollocks imo

Yeah the main thing we want in the team are people that are willing, not a god at Milsim, we are all here to have fun after all...

and hey maybe you will see a few featureless black faces running around and sporting some black flag patches at an event! Hahahaha

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

How much training does it take to be able to turn your face into featureless black mask?

Lift about a lorry or two and after that inject insane amounts of pre workout into your thighs.

on a serious note, we don’t want people who are super fit and good at airsoft (that comes later *wink*) we just want people who are willing and have some drive when needed. If your interested hit me a pm! 

but if you are just shit posting... respect.

17 hours ago, LukeJLFC said:

AGE: We are young ourselves so to keep the team average age to a more familiar age group [16-19].

So 50% of your new applicants will have to have 2 tone weapons? May not work well with your dress code 🤣

17 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

So 50% of your new applicants will have to have 2 tone weapons? May not work well with your dress code 🤣

You can convert/paint an IF into a RIF if you meet the criteria for the defence, age is not a factor, just fwiw.

Edit: i have got this wrong myself too.. you live and learn..

26 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

You can convert/paint an IF into a RIF if you meet the criteria for the defence, age is not a factor, just fwiw.

Edit: i have got this wrong myself too.. you live and learn..

I will point you to Rogerborgs excellent answer in this thread whilst also reminding that yes the defence for self modifying would be going to or from a skirmish but our ambitious OP is also talking about "training" and "off site" days so that may be a touch more difficult for any local police officer to swallow.

Long and short of it is more that the players he is advertising for, some fall under 18 so can't legally purchase IF/RIF AND second to that, at 16 I had about as much commitment and dedication as a goldfish has long term memory. It's a far easier approach to find a bunch of guys you like playing with and just have good times. If you're naturally good together then you'll get recognised.

A training day makes zero difference to their 'defence status'. As for local police officers, that is about a 'cross that bridge when you come to it' thing as it gets.

This seems more like pissing on chips then it does helpful advice tbh. I may be wrong of course.

Guest LukeJLFC
1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

As someone has already stated, there are work  arounds...

fudd.

12 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

A training day makes zero difference to their 'defence status'. As for local police officers, that is about a 'cross that bridge when you come to it' thing as it gets.

This seems more like pissing on chips then it does helpful advice tbh. I may be wrong of course.

You only need to cross the bridge once. When you cross that bridge it's best to have made sure all your chickens are accounted for. If you get stopped and you are clearly near and on way to/from an airsoft site then there is no issue. What do you think would be the outcome if they were in a car 3 or 4 up, got stopped with a boot full of RIFs and are nowhere near anything airsoft related but are near a built up area with a lot of public?

***You've already admitted to being wrong once in this thread, just go again and get your hat trick 😅

****Said totally in the best of faiths and not being argumentative dude.

12 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

You only need to cross the bridge once. When you cross that bridge it's best to have made sure all your chickens are accounted for. If you get stopped and you are clearly near and on way to/from an airsoft site then there is no issue. What do you think would be the outcome if they were in a car 3 or 4 up, got stopped with a boot full of RIFs and are nowhere near anything airsoft related but are near a built up area with a lot of public?

***You've already admitted to being wrong once in this thread, just go again and get your hat trick 😅

****Said totally in the best of faiths and not being argumentative dude.

Completely irrelevent to the VCRA. Theres nothing extraordinary about this at all,  and in any case you are allowed to posess rifs even if you aren't directly en-route to a skirmish.

I'm not sure what issue is trying to be resolved here so i'll get my coat. I wish luke the best of luck.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

and in any case you are allowed to posess rifs even if you aren't directly en-route to a skirmish.

"A person commits an offence if, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse (the proof whereof lies on him) he has with him in a public place an imitation firearm."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/19

That's the primary risk for us, not the VCRA.  Reasonable excuse isn't a high bar, just try to have something to hand showing what you're up to, whether that's a site booking, a Facebook message or event "attending", or some texts saying "Meet up for green beret SAS ranger operator training lol".

By the way, "public place" covers anywhere to which the public enjoys a general right of access, which is surprisingly broad.  If it's not your land, and you can get access to it without committing trespass, then so can anyone else and it's likely to be a public place.  If you are committing trespass , then you're onto a Section 20 offence, with the same defences.

tl;dr version - in this case, it is better to ask permission than to seek forgiveness.

Guest LukeJLFC
23 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

"A person commits an offence if, without lawful authority or reasonable excuse (the proof whereof lies on him) he has with him in a public place an imitation firearm."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/19

That's the primary risk for us, not the VCRA.  Reasonable excuse isn't a high bar, just try to have something to hand showing what you're up to, whether that's a site booking, a Facebook message or event "attending", or some texts saying "Meet up for green beret SAS ranger operator training lol".

By the way, "public place" covers anywhere to which the public enjoys a general right of access, which is surprisingly broad.  If it's not your land, and you can get access to it without committing trespass, then so can anyone else and it's likely to be a public place.  If you are committing trespass , then you're onto a Section 20 offence, with the same defences.

tl;dr version - in this case, it is better to ask permission than to seek forgiveness.

Yeah the training is done on Private land and/or at our local sites on non game days if we get the chance.

Every time I go to airsoft I always keep a little card my site gave me for occasions exactly like the one we are referencing. Never had to use it however that's what I keep.

And of course my Instagram account with pictures etc on my phone too ;)

This isn't exactly the discussion that was supposed to be made here, it was a recruitment post. But then again there is always one who starts it, thanks for clarifying things regardless.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a note that if you are going for the early Task Force Black look, then your choice of kit is pretty much a free for all as long as it was in the U.K. or US stores. If you look at the picture you posted there are at least 4 different styles of cam on display, and a mix of U.K. and US camouflage.

Later UK SF adopted cry Multicam (in part because it was good, in part because there would be less to distinguish them from US SF who they were operating with) but there was still plenty of mixed dress going on (Multicam trousers under desert or DPM wind proof smocks being popular).

Archived