M4 charging handle and “bolt carrier“ aka the hop up cover

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Someone please kindly educate me on how to put the parts back into the weapon as they came out after cleaning barrel. PLEASE HELP !!!! 

I can get it back in but the charging handle doesn’t come all the way back and the mock bolt carrier won’t come back to reveal the hop up. 

image.jpg

The mock bolt should be attached to the upper, the part at the top of it in your picture with the small spring should be attached below the ejection port. Have a look at the receiver there may be some broken or lost fastenings. In fact you can see them if you blow the picture up, the two silver 'dots' below the ejection port. The section of receiver there actually looks bent in the picture too.

What do you suggest? A new lower or? I can’t find any lost parts. I could run it without the mock bolt but what’s the point in that haha. 

16 minutes ago, Nick G said:

The mock bolt should be attached to the upper, the part at the top of it in your picture with the small spring should be attached below the ejection port. Have a look at the receiver there may be some broken or lost fastenings. In fact you can see them if you blow the picture up, the two silver 'dots' below the ejection port. The section of receiver there actually looks bent in the picture too.

Can you sign post any videos? 

you might be able to re attach it with a decent epoxy type glue, I suspect it was fitted onto small pegs that have broken away. Is the upper receiver actually misshapen below the ejection port or is the photo ?

Here you go, this is how it should sit

IMGP2203.JPG

IMGP2206.JPG

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Thanks guys I’ll let you know how I get on. I really feel like I’ll struggle with this and I’m so gutted it broke!! Haha. The pictures are a massive help Nick thank you but is there any chance you could send some more with a bit more detail ? I’m really really no tech (as you’ve probably already worked out) what bits need gluing to where? Haha and yes upon closer inspection the receiver is bent! 

Dunno why my last post said Nick said it.. he didn’t.. 

the bolt guide probably came off when the receiver got bent . Only pics I've got I'm afraid but if you look at them carefully with your parts in front of you, you should be able to see how they go. You'll need to sort that bend out first, or just shop around for a new upper receiver that you can swap the front end over on to.

Thanks guys, I'm trying to revisit it when I get a spare chance (just had a little girl). But i will faff with the receiver this weekend and let you know how I get on (if you care) haha! What an amazing community Airsoft has - You guys responded without delay to help someone out with a burning question. Big thanks to you guys. 

• 1 year later...
  • Supporters
49 minutes ago, HutchBelfast said:

Can anyone tell me where to buy the bolt carrier plate return spring? My one is stretched and doesn't fully return the dummy plate back 

AK2M4 is the go-to for miscellaneous parts.

If you mean the long spring that pulls the charging handle back forwards (which then pushes the mock bolt plate forwards), this should be it:

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/misc-internal-parts/xt-charging-handle-spring

If it's the spring that flips the dust cover itself, hmm. Some flip open, some flip closed, and I'm not sure which one this receiver spring set has:

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/misc-internal-parts/ec-m4-receiver-spring-set

To be honest, I've taken to just binning off those springs and the mock bolt plate itself, you don't actually need any of them.

@ak2m4 is on here, or can be reached via his site, he's a very helpful fellow.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.