V2 Steel Gears and bushings - ok to use in recoil Marui?

AlphaBear
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Chaps,

After a wee rummage in some drawers I found a set of steel gears which I've had for nigh on 6 years! In addition I found some Systema steel bushings and also a set of what appear to be copper coloured bushings. Other than a magnet not sticking to the copper coloured ones I don't really know the advantage of one over the other. 

The steel gears seem fine from what I can tell (see pics). There is no damage to the teeth and I'm not quite sure if the teeth have any time of grinding on the edges. Can't tell if this is a normal manufacturing thing or not. All I know is that a rare earth magnets sticks to them pretty strongly. Now I'm trying to identify which ones they are and also whether they are normal torque or high torque and what ratio they are? Don't know if anyone could help with that? I was thinking of sticking them into a Marui Recoil V2 gearbox and seeing how they fair but have hesitated in case these ain't compatible (gears all look the same to me lol) 😂 

The bushings I believe are 5.9mm but I can find out when I punch the Marui nylon ones out of the gearbox.  

IMG_8875.HEIC IMG_8876.HEIC IMG_8877.HEIC IMG_8879.HEIC IMG_8880.HEIC IMG_8884.HEIC IMG_8882.HEIC

Why ain't my pics showing?

Archived