Nuprol Romeo mags

strykerles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm going to be buying a nuprol romeo alpha nomad AK during the week

I'm looking for matching mags for the supplied one but I can't find them anywhere

does anybody have any ideas?

thanks

Screen-Shot-2018-11-22-at-13.14.32.png

32 minutes ago, E21A said:

For the cost of that gun, I’d be buying something better than a nuprol. 

found it for £220, like the look of it

if you know a better one for around the same money i'm all ears :)

• Supporters

That is pretty distinctive.

However if you want an AK with a slidey-stock and rails, I'd note that this'un is EBB, has a 6.03mm stainless barrel, and a quick change spring: 

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/ask209-tactical-ebb-full-metal-aps

I see you've already got a Nuprol, so I'm guessing you're happy enough with the brand.  I have an ideological issue with their strategy of rebranding other people's stuff and marking up the price.

Just now, E21A said:

A plethora of AKs to choose from here, Most of which are the same money or less. 

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/0,cyma

ideally looking for something from over here as I have a game in the week :)

9 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

That is pretty distinctive.

However if you want an AK with a slidey-stock and rails, I'd note that this'un is EBB, has a 6.03mm stainless barrel, and a quick change spring: 

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/ask209-tactical-ebb-full-metal-aps

I see you've already got a Nuprol, so I'm guessing you're happy enough with the brand.  I have an ideological issue with their strategy of rebranding other people's stuff and marking up the price.

not had any problems at all with my nuprol M4, what are they a rebrand of??

1 minute ago, strykerles said:

ideally looking for something from over here as I have a game in the week :)

You’d be better off renting a gun for that game and buying a CYMA, than buying a nuprol just cos you can get it quicker. 

Just now, E21A said:

You’d be better off renting a gun for that game and buying a CYMA, than buying a nuprol just cos you can get it quicker. 

so would you say that the cyma aks are worth getting? as i've asked a few people about them and there have been mixed responses?

7 minutes ago, strykerles said:

so would you say that the cyma aks are worth getting? as i've asked a few people about them and there have been mixed responses?

I’d say they are more worthy of your money than a Nuprol, but the choice is yours, it’s your money at the end of the day. 

4 minutes ago, E21A said:

I’d say they are more worthy of your money than a Nuprol, but the choice is yours, it’s your money at the end of the day. 

thanks, i'll take a look, at £80 off the nuprol seemed good

i'll look at some cymas as there's a local shop that stocks them :D

• Supporters
On 16/02/2020 at 11:58, strykerles said:

It very much depends on which model you get. The ones numbered below 40 (CM0.28 for example) are copies of the TM AKs from yeeeeears ago. They're OK....for the money (and they ARE cheap). The ones numbered 40 and upwards are copies of the VFC designs and are definitely better. The externals are significantly better put together, the internals will be pretty much the same but on the whole they feel more solid. And they're still quite cheap.

For reference I owned and used a CM0.45 for a couple of years.

• Supporters
On 16/02/2020 at 11:58, strykerles said:

cyma's ak's are the go-to rental gun of choice round here and given the horrific abuse they get they're pretty damn reliable.

tbh as ak's go the budget range i'd look at cyma or jg, for premium it's lct or e&l and for gucci it's real sword.

• Supporters
On 16/02/2020 at 11:54, strykerles said:

not had any problems at all with my nuprol M4, what are they a rebrand of??

Well, that's the problem: you'll never know, and that applies from one batch to the next.

CYMAs, you know what you're getting, and you're not paying for anything more than you need.

All that said, I'm struggling to find anything that's quite as Operator as that Nuprol... eh... "romeo alpha nomad".  The heart wants what it wants, and if it's what you want, at the price that you want, why not?

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Well, that's the problem: you'll never know, and that applies from one batch to the next.

From the Dave's Custom Airsoft page:

The NUPROL Romeo Recon Alpha is a rebranded ARCTURUS AK with the fantastic Electronic Trigger Unit, Decocking Lever and incredibly strong steel constructiont that comes along with that brand

Arcturus are OEM'd by MOS manufacture who also make E&L.

Archived