What have you made?

AK47frizzle

does this count?

i just made a new thread for the charlton discussion to continue in, without clogging up this channel any more

=P

edit:
apologies everyone, that was my poor attempt at humor late at night while half asleep

A bit of a ressurection project here. I bought this star m14 ebr about 3 years ago because it is a lovely chunk of c&c aluminium.  It uses a proprietary gearbox and though I managed to get a new shell I soon realised that I couldent get the switch. So it sat and gathered dust for a long time. Recently I picked up a cyma m14 gearbox and a dremel and set to work. Unfortunately since the m14 gearbox has a sideways motor the current stock wont fit. Ill be making a layered plywood target shooting style stock instead. It will also be a good test run for the sks project I have planned in future. 

still working out how best to attach it as the bracket currently stops the motor from seating fully. Im happy to be finally making progress on this gun and It should be done soon.  The main gearbox shell fits very tightly but ive found I had to remove the selector mech to get it to work so this is now a semi auto only gun.  

Parts I still need to source:
some sort of bracket to bolt the stock to
new charging handle as the old one shattered
lots of little bolts

IMG_5895.thumb.JPG.a4672fec9f5bc1ce2ec9e8e1937810f5.JPG

IMG_5896.thumb.JPG.c749ed56f6626ea6a3bb4d53cd830cba.JPG

Been working on a little something in my spare time recently. M-LOK rails for the WE SCAR MK20 SSR. If I had the dimensions I could make the longer side rails for the VFC version. I'm also going to make a shorter bottom rail to fit the SCAR H/L.

FB_IMG_1612369529520.jpg

FB_IMG_1612369532395.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I made a discontinued spring for the KWA Vector (the one at the front is mine)

Once it was heat-treated, and the tips trimmed, it worked perfectly 👍🏻

DCD176C1-514B-44D9-A0CA-18A173CB6FBE.jpeg

The idea is mine, the execution I can take no credit for.  I've been working with Seb at double tap designs, that man is a 3D design genius!

Essentially, I run the APS CO2 mags in Glock builds, the ones with the hex screw brass bottom caps. 

I didn't like the design and lack of aftermarket mag bases on the original, this changes the mag base to be essentially like a standard TM.  

The CO2 brass end cap sits in the hole, you slide it on, then screw it in place with a hex wrench through a (smaller) hole in the bottom of the mag base.  A new bottom spring guide was needed too...

Final design is done, they're off to get printed in MJF by Protolabs. 

image.png

15 minutes ago, witchcraft58a said:

The idea is mine, the execution I can take no credit for.  I've been working with Seb at double tap designs, that man is a 3D design genius!

Essentially, I run the APS CO2 mags in Glock builds, the ones with the hex screw brass bottom caps. 

I didn't like the design and lack of aftermarket mag bases on the original, this changes the mag base to be essentially like a standard TM.  

The CO2 brass end cap sits in the hole, you slide it on, then screw it in place with a hex wrench through a (smaller) hole in the bottom of the mag base.  A new bottom spring guide was needed too...

Final design is done, they're off to get printed in MJF by Protolabs. 

That looks very nice. Look forward to seeing in in action once you get the prints back.

52 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I finished a GHK AK has drum mag for a friend of mine, not straightforward at all ☺️

02EAB2E5-1827-47AA-85DF-FFD15DDC2360.jpeg

Dude, I would be seriously interested in one of these but in a normal AK drum mag format if you could squeeze it into one of those?

5 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Dude, I would be seriously interested in one of these but in a normal AK drum mag format if you could squeeze it into one of those?

Sorry man, I’m not building another, it was a massive pita.

Im pretty sure you can’t fit the AW internals inside a normal AK drum, they look too thin to me🤷🏼‍♂️

• Supporters

A sneak peak of things to come. What ever could it be? 😉

image.png

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Piman said:

1814245416_lensprotector.thumb.jpg.fac18aed7ef9b1a45d4d240234b51747.jpg

Damn that lens protector is clear. I need 7 haha

14 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Torch and suppressor mount for TM USP-C

Thread Adapter v1.png

Thread Adapter.png

Looking good. Watch your suppressor alignment. It doesn't take much to have BBs shattering on the end of it if it is even a few degrees or mm out.

I got my suppressor mount for my USP C printed. Really happy with the look but of course I messed up the dimensions of the fittings so it doesn't fit. Bugger...

Also got my first order for the SCAR rail printed. 

IMG_20210321_173556.jpg

IMG_20210321_173545.jpg

received_1815742868580785.jpeg

received_1588970871313939.jpeg

On 07/03/2021 at 17:52, Piman said:

This weekends build. Inspired by the Helix Suppressor.

844719903_HelixSupressor.thumb.jpg.40763cbbcd30ecccf0aa34ebfca3bfd5.jpg

James

Impressively smooth, refinished, or out of the printer like it?

Was commissioned for a holster for a rhino revolver and hasan sawn off shotgun. They specifically asked for simple stuff as these are going to be beaten up for post apocalyptic stuff. Shotgun is a real steel hammergun but its the closest thing I had for shaping it. 

photo_2021-03-21_17-04-49.jpg

Edited by HuttArmouries

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Impressively smooth, refinished, or out of the printer like it?

A little finishing but not much as it is a resin print rather than filament. I have sprayed in with a Matt lacquer.