What have you made?

AK47frizzle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Anyone here with 3D modelling skills/software/maybe a printer open to small commissions?  I'm after a rail converter that slides on to picatinny but has NATO dovetail on top.

edit - cancel that 😂  I went through quite a few pages of google, thought they didn't exist then found one on eBay.  Soz @Speedbird_666

• 4 weeks later...

bit of a work in progress. Fitting LED's and laser to the TM Curve pistol. LED's work but the laser is giving me grief. Need to redesign the push button as the grey one on there now was just to get things working.

image.thumb.jpeg.73589b892f7a4a611a834f3871395b71.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished crafting a ghilie cape. Taken ages but I'm happy with it.
The hood I already had and have used a few times
image.thumb.png.e6600530d5eb9ff79a18681ed6bd2f74.png

I bought a cape that clips to the hood and have foliaged the shiz out of that mofo. Could possibly use a little more but it'll do for now.
Testing it this Sunday.
image.thumb.jpeg.dc71dc146767416f2e3ac49a9be0b1ee.jpeg
IMG_20230111_191527476.jpg

19 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Finished crafting a ghilie cape. Taken ages but I'm happy with it.
The hood I already had and have used a few times
image.thumb.png.e6600530d5eb9ff79a18681ed6bd2f74.png

I bought a cape that clips to the hood and have foliaged the shiz out of that mofo. Could possibly use a little more but it'll do for now.
Testing it this Sunday.
image.thumb.jpeg.dc71dc146767416f2e3ac49a9be0b1ee.jpeg
IMG_20230111_191527476.jpg

Nice. 

Not sure about the branches sticking out in second pic. Birds might perch on them. 😉

• Supporters

Been working on more EPM-1S shells, this time to make them look like M16 VN 20 round mags. Can be printed in one piece, with no additional hardware needed. As close to plug and play as I have come with a design as of yet. V1 was an attempt at adapting my 417 EPM-1S to fit, and was dropped early. V2 was a shell to test general fit. V3 fixed the internal dimensions to allow the EPM-1S to slide in fully - the print failed at about the 85% mark but it still allowed me to test dimensions so I still count it as a success. V4 was the initial "production" model, with the appropriate slots in the mag to make it look like a VN mag. A bottom floorplate was added for the EPM-1S bolt and plunger. The mag catch recession was shrunken to fit within the slots. After printing I confirmed V4 is a working model and I could stop there, but there were a few small details to be added. These included moving the bolt hole 1.9mm forward to align better with the hole in the mag itself, and the plunger recession was modified to fit the more ovular nature of the plunger. 

V4 in my N23:

IMG-7061.thumb.jpg.64e6ffca7fbe7b213f561b742d7226e1.jpg

V4 next to a standard EPM-1S:

IMG-7068.thumb.jpg.607cde9c7395100af201fa37574e65e2.jpg

Left to right, V2, V3, V4:

IMG-7067.thumb.jpg.3d1b641ebccc97ce709bfba97eecadfd.jpg

V4 between a VN 20 round mag and a standard 30 round mag:

IMG-7069.thumb.jpg.818c975a9bd1cf889365e1d81f781932.jpg

working on a TM MK46 recoil in need of some love. Knocked up a 5.56 link retainer for the magazine to keep the rounds attached to the mag (and cheaper than the £66 fake bullet set from TM). The recoil part that shakes the rounds had been damaged so I designed and printed a new one and one of the bipod feet was missing (let's not talk about TM's decision to use a magic pin system to hold the foot on instead of welding it). I've got a replacement bipod on the way so the foot design and print was just for fun and it does work.

MK46 556 retainer.jpg

mk46 ammo retainer.jpg

mk46 ammo retainer1.jpg

mk46 ammo.jpg

mk46 bipod.jpg

Edited by mightyjebus

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

bought a KWA GBB Scorpion VZ61 for shits and giggles at UCAP vendetta on Sunday and after waving it about in the dark like a moron I decided it needed a torch and tracer adding. I found a file on thingiverse and modified it so that the folding stock could still fold and here it is.

KWA VZ61a.jpg

KWA VZ61b.jpg

KWA VZ61c.jpg

do you have a link or would you be willing to print another?

11 minutes ago, BigStew said:

do you have a link or would you be willing to print another?

here's the stl file. it's been repaired in 3D builder so should be good to go straight into your slicer. it's a snug fit but for extra security there's a hole in the bottom for a 3mm grub screw.

vz61 rail v3 repaired.stl

Edited by mightyjebus

1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

here's the stl file. it's been repaired in 3D builder so should be good to go straight into your slicer. it's a snug fit but for extra security there's a hole in the bottom for a 3mm grub screw.

vz61 rail v3 repaired.stl 357.21 kB · 0 downloads

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Popped this up as a status and pretty quickly realised I never read them so it’s unlikely anyone else does, so I’m going to copy pasta the same text here as it seems like the most concentrated place on the forums for you creative 3D printing folks.

If anyone into the 3D printing thing could get in touch about designing/creating/printing me an insert for a 'suppressor' to pack out for a tracer that'd be lovely, I do have dimensions measured up. Should be just a fairly simple tube unless you want to get fancy. Obviously happy to pay for the service, TIA!

Edit: Update, part now sorted courtesy of the man below. Thanks for those who have messaged me.

Edited by alxndrhll

5 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Popped this up as a status and pretty quickly realised I never read them so it’s unlikely anyone else does, so I’m going to copy pasta the same text here as it seems like the most concentrated place on the forums for you creative 3D printing folks.

If anyone into the 3D printing thing could get in touch about designing/creating/printing me an insert for a 'suppressor' to pack out for a tracer that'd be lovely, I do have dimensions measured up. Should be just a fairly simple tube unless you want to get fancy. Obviously happy to pay for the service, TIA!

PM me the details and I'll have a look

Recently got into 3d modeling and grabbed a printer. Doing some modeling on making a serbu super shorty shotgun but based on a springer tri shot. Made a couple of prototype grips. The fixed one needs slimming down quite a lot but works just fine even at only 20% infil for these prototypes. I was also working on a folding one but Ill need to revisit it at some point because its just not strong enough. Also working on a hk21 machine gun based on one of my g3s

photo_2023-02-16_20-04-36.jpg

photo_2023-02-16_20-04-39.jpg

photo_2023-02-16_20-04-42.jpg

Can’t be bothered to try and make a barrel clamp on RIS fit under the front sight so I trimmed a Polymer Magpul Mlok extended rail to suit 😂

Clamps through the holes in the fore end and keep the light out the way. If my repro light had threaded holes I could lose the clamp and bolt it directly - might invest in some taps and try threading it.

E8F147D6-50AE-436A-A260-1B0BEED83C75.jpeg

97D8CE1F-D914-4A98-AF31-2B28F8910A21.jpeg

Not sure if it counts a "made" but after A LOT of sanding I've finally managed to get the ammomax P99 holster to actually accept the P99 and lock it in place

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Cannonfodder said:

Not sure if it counts a "made" but after A LOT of sanding I've finally managed to get the ammomax P99 holster to actually accept the P99 and lock it in place

Didn't try boiling water ? 

Usually works for me🤔

18 hours ago, Tackle said:

Didn't try boiling water ? 

Usually works for me🤔

Yep, tried that. It worked a bit but not enough to get it to fit properly

• 2 weeks later...

Bastardised the shit out my £27 Emerson ‘Wendy’ lid so that it actually fits a man head and I can wear my comtac’s inside it, it’s so comfy now!

Should be loads of ventilation too.

DE4BFDA4-5A3A-4E95-AFE2-38A73EFBFEBD.jpeg

95AD1337-6BB0-44A1-9F85-D9089D1B596E.jpeg

FC9CBB15-8243-4911-ABFB-950C7203F602.jpeg

Edited by Davegolf