What have you made?

AK47frizzle

4 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

As long as it isn’t defined as an offensive weapon (eg any fixed blade knife, or any type knife with a blade longer than 3.5” in public without good reason), you’re fine.

3" rather than 3 1/2" 

9 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

3" rather than 3 1/2" 

I stand corrected. I used to like pissing my policeman brother off by carting at least ten knives at once.

He got VERY upset when I pointed  out the legislation that said they were no more offensive weapons than a bag of apples 🤣

• Supporters
5 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

Not 100% sure they are legal in the UK? 

It’s non offensive Has a rubber ball inside it .👍

Finished the stock mod for my ICS CQR 'Orion'

Fits battery size H21.5 L115 W34mm

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/spektrum-2200mah-3s-11.1v-100c-smart-lipo-battery-ic3-443852

What I forgot to take a picture of is that you need to chop about 3 inches off the buffer tube. The stock is still completely stable without it. I had to get my black n' decker out for that.

3itDot7.jpg

Qn8CcgF.jpg

cr2jrnS.jpg

Y2Az5Yq.jpg

ETutFVq.jpg

Rdj8tir.jpg

• Supporters
On 20/02/2022 at 20:45, Muz said:

Does anyone know if someone makes airsoft gun cabinets in the Manchester area 👍

There’s no legal requirement to lock them away but if you feel it is necessary then just get yourself a fairly sturdy short wardrobe and a hasp&staple so you can padlock it ? 

• Supporters

After my 417 drum design, I decided to make a little something else. Anyone wanna take a guess at the finer details? Very much still a WIP. This thing took 13 hours to print at only 30% infill - 100% would take over 25 hours. I still need to do a bit of detailing, add the bottom cutouts and bolt hole, slightly reduce the internal cavity, add the retainer bolt and nut holes, and as I am likely to split these in half for future printing ill have to model that and do the bolt and nut holes for that part too.

IMG_6042.thumb.jpg.42245b268db8e86b222283ae5e32649f.jpg

Replaced the sling attachment on my F2000 with a couple of straps from this

image.png.07fe4a0870edd5f2a32ec8c11a3bc489.png

and all the securing sliders, plus a couple of metal D-rings, to make this

image.png.7653f6458c91c62df2e48306d5775181.png image.png.e81ad6dbc44d2ceddb7ef8ad20338ba5.png

... which seems to be working pretty well.   I originally had the d-rings at the top of the stock, but actually that made the sling get in the way when shouldering the gun, so I re-jigged it to the current position.
Because of the extra webbing inserted into the buckles to support the d-rings, the sling slots in the stock don't seem to be under undue pressure, so I'm not afraid of the plastic struts breaking.    And an added bonus is I don't need to use the hex bolt to keep the butt plate on now, so battery changes will be easier.

For an added Brucie-bonus, it also looks a lot more like the BF4 setup (in spirit, at least)
image.png.6d66f6bebd27dec1d7831a6392e2ebaf.png

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

On 18/02/2022 at 14:20, Druid799 said:

Nothing too epic just had an idea to avoid loosing mags from pistols . Took the grips off sanded the base edge down a bit then cut a piece of Velcro to fit around the screw raiser back together trim the Velcro to correct size and job done ! 👍

854737D0-DE9A-44B9-B8D9-A4FF6A77B112.jpeg

That's a neat idea, though I'm wondering how you're losing mags? The only way it's happened to me in the past is from using certain holsters.

• Supporters
9 hours ago, MAX DICKER said:

That's a neat idea, though I'm wondering how you're losing mags? The only way it's happened to me in the past is from using certain holsters.

I’ve only lost 2 mags in over 20yrs of playing but both where from ‘soft’ holsters and I’ve noticed I seem to be drifting more towards those type of holsters again as apposed to molded Kydex ones so thought I’d get ahead of the curve for once ?🤔

It's a good idea but I would hate that the grips don't sit nice and flat to the frame.🤔

Regards 

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Shamal said:

It's a good idea but I would hate that the grips don't sit nice and flat to the frame.🤔

Regards 

They do sit flush , that’s why I sanded barely half a mil off the bottom edge of the grips . 
Would have driven me mental if their had been a gap no matter how small ! 🤯

@Druid799 Nice innovative touch to solve a unique problem, well done. I love modding things that suit me and solve niggling issues I have that doesn't bother others. Done a few to my MWS to stop the slight play that some parts have (upper and lower receiver for example). No real functional reason, I just feel better finding an easy fix for them 😁. Great work.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve only lost 2 mags in over 20yrs of playing but both where from ‘soft’ holsters and I’ve noticed I seem to be drifting more towards those type of holsters again as apposed to molded Kydex ones so thought I’d get ahead of the curve for once ?🤔

I was going to say that sounds like a holster issue to me.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I was going to say that sounds like a holster issue to me.

Probably is (does sound like it) hence mod’ed the gun as I can’t do much to the holster .

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Probably is (does sound like it) hence mod’ed the gun as I can’t do much to the holster .

I went the other way and have stuck with kydex holsters. Oh, and using a different pistol! :D