What have you made?

AK47frizzle

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters
8 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Found a couple offcuts of 0.9mm Ti sheet and bolted my face mesh to my Bolle X800’s 😁

Nice, what's the hole size on that mesh?

The Goggs are mesh supplied by @heroshark, his super fandango hexagonal stuff.

Did some drill today with the mask, tweaked it about - all good.

Rivetted the lower and painted it up

Definitely the best setup I’ve ever had, with prescription inserts in the X800s

CC0A232E-EFDA-4DCB-82EA-5B3690D5A4F5.jpeg

021D1D8D-C91D-48FF-B31A-59083AF88EA2.png

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Davegolf said:

The Goggs are mesh supplied by @heroshark, his super fandango hexagonal stuff.

Ah, right, you have chosen wisely. I've gone mesh outdoors now, it's so liberating not to have the worry about fogging.

43 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

Inspired by the Springfield V12s, I present the Detonics... V6? This is eventually going to be mocked up (with further inspiration from Marui’s Vorpal Bunny) with smoothed grips, a front rail, and a battleship grey paintjob.

CFEUMed.jpg

It is an ARMY R45 with an ACM Shield RMS, a Nova trigger, and Shooters Design 150% recoil springs. Not pictured yet are the Army extended magazine release and modified grips, which have been filled with putty in readiness for relief cuts and sanded smooth.

Z8OEMy2.jpg

Milling the slide and the adaptor plate allowed me to sink the optic 3.5mm into the slide. This actually lower-third-cowitnesses with the factory sights, somehow.

zuljOR9.jpg

Custom milled and drilled slide and barrel ports. The ARMY’s outer barrel is stainless steel and broke one of my milling bits. Lesson learned about using them to drill holes...

ZtxUb8o.jpg

Total cost so far: ~£120

Is that honestly a genuine shield???

• Supporters
1 hour ago, PureSilver said:

with an ACM Shield RMS

26 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Is that honestly a genuine shield???

Genuine Chinese copy!

9 hours ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Is it any good?

I don’t have many rounds through it; it’s solely for this pistol, and the pistol isn’t finished. From what limited handling it’s had it seems perfectly OK; for what I paid that’s excellent.

Edited by PureSilver

• Supporters
On 23/06/2022 at 10:39, Stratton Oakmont said:

I am a child

AND ???? The problem is what ? 🤔

🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters

You do the mods or pay someone?  I bought some EMAGs yeeeears ago to do the exact same, have lots of TM standard 82/30 USGI mags sitting around, but never managed to combine the two.

7 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

You do the mods or pay someone?  I bought some EMAGs yeeeears ago to do the exact same, have lots of TM standard 82/30 USGI mags sitting around, but never managed to combine the two.

Yeah I’ve just done 4 for tm. Tbh bud, the best doner mags are epm. I can show you how to do them in like 10 minutes. The old stanags have a lot of tedious work. You can do the epm mod with a file , a sliding square and hack saw. No power file needed. 

5937EEC3-9FC0-4A86-98AA-F655C221450E.jpeg

On 23/07/2022 at 22:53, TheFull9 said:

I’ll try put how to footage up this weekend; I’ve got one more epm mag so I can do it completely from scratch. 

925315334_Camomagpouches.jpg.9b55fe17c5fb6af4d444404e39f73e06.jpg

Rattle can 'MTP' on my olive green mag pouches...   it's such an easy thing to do, but very satisfying for the 20 minutes it took :)