What have you made?

AK47frizzle

• Supporters
7 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

made about 7 or 8 sets of these now. 99.9% fog free days for the last 6 months since I started using them. they run off a 5v USB battery pack (same thing you charge your USB devices with).

They are very quiet, to the point that you don't know the fan is running when you are playing.

I've just built a 12v version for shits and giggles and it runs off a normal AEG battery. The 11.1v lipo I used made it sound a bit loud but a 7.4v battery makes about the same noise as the 5v versions.

20220311_103909.jpg

20220311_103820.jpg

Is sir selling them by any chance ?

• Supporters
1 hour ago, mightyjebus said:

if life wasn't so hectic I probably would. Just been doing them for my team mates but if you happen to be at the prison with a spare pair of glasses I might be able to sort something out

Outstanding here’s hoping for the yr to come then 👍

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, sjhirst said:

Made this adaptor to turn two single mags into a dual set up. One feeding the other.

aeg dual mag (1).JPG

Can we have some details of how you’ve done it ? 👍

On 11/03/2022 at 10:51, mightyjebus said:

made about 7 or 8 sets of these now. 99.9% fog free days for the last 6 months since I started using them. they run off a 5v USB battery pack (same thing you charge your USB devices with).

They are very quiet, to the point that you don't know the fan is running when you are playing.

I've just built a 12v version for shits and giggles and it runs off a normal AEG battery. The 11.1v lipo I used made it sound a bit loud but a 7.4v battery makes about the same noise as the 5v versions.

20220311_103909.jpg

20220311_103820.jpg

Have ordered some fans and batteries myself to make some for my goggles. Much cheaper than buying ExFog!

Well done they look great!

Edited by Khyber

I cut slots in the mags at the appropriate height and fit the adaptor between the two. It's then all secured in with my dual mag clamp. It's by no means glorious, but works!

• Supporters
56 minutes ago, sjhirst said:

Made this adaptor to turn two single mags into a dual set up. One feeding the other.

aeg dual mag (1).JPG

Good idea, I've got a surplus of metal hi-caps I was thinking of doing something similar to 🤔

16 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Good idea, I've got a surplus of metal hi-caps I was thinking of doing something similar to 🤔

go for it! I did it with two stanag metal ones aswell.  I can stick the adaptor up on thingiverse if you want?

I was trying to sell the mags pre built on ebay but i dont think theres any interest!

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, sjhirst said:

go for it! I did it with two stanag metal ones aswell.  I can stick the adaptor up on thingiverse if you want?

I was trying to sell the mags pre built on ebay but i dont think theres any interest!

To be honest I was thinking about a triple ?, about 1k capacity, being metal mags I could cut the two outer mags down & spot them with my mig welder. 

Got some family & friends that recently showed an interest in having a go, be easier to send them out with a mega hi-cap & very lightweight loadout than decking them out in loads of mags & LCE

hah, yeah that would be cool.  You lose a little capacity due to where the adaptor sits, but its negligible!

I'll upload the files and leave a link here.

I think this should be ok. Please let me know if not!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5305430

Edited by sjhirst
added link

Hi all,

Had a quick question for you engineers on this thread.

Does anyone know where/how I can get machining work done to an aluminum slide? I can't seem to find any airsoft specific machine shops in the UK that do CNC/milling. Wondering if anyone here has tried something like this.

I have a 7075 aluminum slide on my G18c and wanted to do some slide windows/ports as shown in the image.

While the general concept is to have something that looks crude and homemade (done over the trades and such), I don't think a DIY job with hand tools would suffice; any reccomendations? I have no knowledge of working with metals and not even sure if milling is what I should be looking for.. Let me know what you think

P.S. please don't mind my precision-engineered design example using Microsoft Powerpoint

1485482470_Sideportingconceptwithtext.thumb.png.43d23577473970f090ade91c41abe362.png

Edited by frontsight

18 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

@frontsightany engineering place that does CNC could do that.  

Ah, I see. Thanks! I guess I'll have to use a local CNC machining service. 

Looking at it now and it seems like it'll be ~£45. Now I just need to call them up and ask if they take powerpoint instead of CAD😂

Just take the design in and have a chat.  

You would not believe some of the 'technical drawings' they will have seen!

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, Tactical Pith Helmet said:

You would not believe some of the 'technical drawings' they will have seen!

what have you heard? that drawing was ISO standard not my fault i only had crayons :P

On 12/03/2022 at 20:19, frontsight said:

Hi all,

Had a quick question for you engineers on this thread.

Does anyone know where/how I can get machining work done to an aluminum slide? I can't seem to find any airsoft specific machine shops in the UK that do CNC/milling. Wondering if anyone here has tried something like this.

I have a 7075 aluminum slide on my G18c and wanted to do some slide windows/ports as shown in the image.

While the general concept is to have something that looks crude and homemade (done over the trades and such), I don't think a DIY job with hand tools would suffice; any reccomendations? I have no knowledge of working with metals and not even sure if milling is what I should be looking for.. Let me know what you think

P.S. please don't mind my precision-engineered design example using Microsoft Powerpoint

1485482470_Sideportingconceptwithtext.thumb.png.43d23577473970f090ade91c41abe362.png

for slide give this la a go https://www.facebook.com/lcsengineeringoutpost

12 minutes ago, Skullchewer said:

Painted the retention holster for my MK23.

IMG_20220318_191623614.jpg

Quickly unpaint it before anyone sees. 😄😄

An open fronted mesh top for a summer leaf suit. This is going to get painted to get rid of the odd purple tones, then some larger netting on top and finally covered in leaves and what not. Nice and green and natural I hope. I'm also going to convert my dpm trousers into a leaf suit lower when I can bloody find them 🤬

Anyway, should be a fun build, and I can spend my summers in a vegetative state.

IMG_20220316_233403.jpg

Edited by Badgerlicious

• Supporters

I made an axe ! No1 son got me an axe forging day for my birthday. 👍

C1A59379-0E4D-4529-BFD3-51E932A48CCC.jpeg

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I made an axe ! No1 son got me an axe forging day for my birthday. 👍

C1A59379-0E4D-4529-BFD3-51E932A48CCC.jpeg

Very nice👍

Be careful with that axe though Eugene lol