What have you made?

AK47frizzle

Since im on a bit of a mag making spree here is another. 42rd aug mag for my hbar (wip)  two mags epoxied together with steel reenforcement. Needs some cleaning up and finishing but it feeds. New pin at the top as the top internal chunk is now separate from the bottom. It is a high cap as I intend to use this as an lmg. Might make midcap ones down the road.

DSC_0379.thumb.JPG.1f6ba9ac979179a331eec777f72ee642.JPGDSC_0382.thumb.JPG.30b546fe6b7391de4a1a3c9783894614.JPG 

Fixing a mates m500 shotgun, the rack arm had broken. Made a new one out if carbon fibre sheet. Pleased with the results and works a1. 

IMG-20220302-WA0007.jpeg

• Supporters
On 02/03/2022 at 07:50, loctez said:

Simple bit of spare velcro to expand the chi-com.  Just needs 10 years of being dragged through the woods to look the part.

Is the Velcro stitched or the sticky backed stuff ? If it’s the sticky then be aware when your playing the heat from your body will loosen the adhesive bond on to the fabric and I’m afraid it will come adrift .

Not so much made, but hacked away at until it fit... a rs Stike industries dust cover, took some trimming but now it operates as it should. Looks a bit rough but it's hardly a bank busting item so now I know it's doable, I'll get another and do a tidy job

20220303_163027.jpg

20220303_163033.jpg

Edited by MAX DICKER
Can't spell

9 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Modified my clone Unity G43 mount so that it takes the Vortex 3xMagnifier, a much better looking piece of kit

14D2E068-C48D-451A-BCA5-8A4F420928DD.jpeg

A6F3D5CA-A29A-441F-B06E-58EB73BFE45B.jpeg

Nice indeed. Much modification needed? 

2 hours ago, MagpieTactical said:

Nice indeed. Much modification needed? 

no, mount holes line up, had to Dremel out some space for the Vortex as the turret protection ramps get in the way, the G43 doesn’t have them

Some more mockery incoming, no doubt 😉
My mate does 3D modelling, he designed a skull image to go with the username Skullchewer, which I have been using for online gaming, Airsoft etc for... over 20 years. He designed it with my hair and scalp tattoo. 
I added some text to it, and am having a custom patch printed for my loadout.

oap_high_res.png

Edited by Skullchewer

Haven't made anything yet but my work got one of the best resin printers you can get last week. Being the only one trained to use it they're letting me use of for my own stuff so I should be able to make the toughest and highest quality airsoft prints available. 

IMG_20220303_112753.jpg

On 03/03/2022 at 11:40, Druid799 said:

Is the Velcro stitched or the sticky backed stuff ? If it’s the sticky then be aware when your playing the heat from your body will loosen the adhesive bond on to the fabric and I’m afraid it will come adrift .

Couple of staples and mostly super glue, should be enough.

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, loctez said:

Been making kit for 20yrs so can guarantee it’ll fail I’m afraid . Any load bearing connections that aren’t either stitched or riveted together on fabric will separate sooner or later , keep an eye on it and check regularly or you will leave the safezone with a dangler pouch one day AND comeback without it ! 🤬👍

• Supporters
1 hour ago, loctez said:

Sounds fine to me 😏

download (6).jpg

Gotta love ICS and their 'not-quite-TM' standards. Not even a 'normal' AEG trigger guard will fit an ICS CS4-spec gun.

Oh well, I'll design my own - kinda HK416A5 style. It also fills that pesky gap between the grip and receiver so it's much more comfortable,

image.png.9920da1400a6c5f5ab774dc1ee5d759f.png

12 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Gotta love ICS and their 'not-quite-TM' standards. Not even a 'normal' AEG trigger guard will fit an ICS CS4-spec gun.

Oh well, I'll design my own - kinda HK416A5 style. It also fills that pesky gap between the grip and receiver so it's much more comfortable,

image.png.9920da1400a6c5f5ab774dc1ee5d759f.png

Have you made an mws one?

40 minutes ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

Have you made an mws one?

Nope - I don't have an MWS - I only own budget blasters. 😉

Looks like a 'proper' HK416A5 style guard would be a fairly easy design/print though.

image.png.8e4bf1280bf670ed99166b8ffcba4bb3.png

1 hour ago, Stratton Oakmont said:

If you can make a drop in version that requires no bodging unlike most others on the market , fills the gap between the trigger guard and the grip may be of interest to mws owners 

I would need an MWS trigger guard to take measurements - I'm assuming they are not the same as AEGs (narrower?)

Knocked up a version that's closer in appearance to the HK A5 Type, but using ICS hole spacing/vertical thickness for now.

image.png.c0b86b436d36c1b515f48a33f86a3394.png

• Supporters
On 07/03/2022 at 21:36, Skullchewer said:

Some more mockery incoming, no doubt 😉
My mate does 3D modelling, he designed a skull image to go with the username Skullchewer, which I have been using for online gaming, Airsoft etc for... over 20 years. He designed it with my hair and scalp tattoo. 
I added some text to it, and am having a custom patch printed for my loadout.

You want to tell him if he can do these for an affordable price he could make an absolute mint out of us geardo’s wanting bespoke patches .