What have you made?

AK47frizzle

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

I had this plan to put perforated fake plates in a Crye mairitime JPC to make the holy grail of PC that actually wouldn't be very hot/sweaty in summer, so I bought some hollow plastic medium SAPI dummies aaaaages ago and through sheer fuckin laziness I never got around to doing what I wanted with them until this week.  Tried just using a knife and mk1 hand first but being about 4mm thick and 'sticky' when cutting I could tell I was going to lose a finger if I proceeded, so I swapped to a holesaw + electric drill.  End result has the solid edges/outline needed to fill out any PC and looks exactly like a proper plate when inserted, but it weighs almost nothing and has just enough rigidity in the middle to support everything.

270034932_402444771442179_8958015985412917821_n.jpg

I'm already work on a connect-4 meme.

Great work, only a matter of time before someone does it with the real steel counterparts to reduce the weight 😏

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I made spreadsheet of all of the spare KWA Vector parts I have 😱

KWA Vector Parts list.xlsx 663.83 kB · 1 download

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you've got toooo much time on your hands that you can make spreadsheets with all your kwa vector parts, or that I was sad enough to download it & actually look at it, I don't even own a kwa vector ffs 🥴

Reckon it's 50/50 at the mo lol 😜

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

4 downloads so far, so at least you're not alone :P

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I'm not sure what's worse, the fact that you've got toooo much time on your hands that you can make spreadsheets with all your kwa vector parts, or that I was sad enough to download it & actually look at it, I don't even own a kwa vector ffs 🥴

Reckon it's 50/50 at the mo lol 😜

There where just too many parts to remember them all

• Supporters

Working on some ICS Galil midcap inserts. While I use drums in my Galil ARM, I do like to have a trio or so of midcaps alongside my drums in case they go down. Nothing exists for the ICS Galil besides some expensive high caps, and you all know how much I hate tactical maracas. So I figure these $7 (worth of material) inserts combined with a $6 EPM spring will work. Still waiting on an EPM insert to work on the internals, so its just a solid block for now. 

unknown.png

• Supporters

Apologies for the solicitation, but the right eyes are in here.  If any of you are certain of your abilities I'm looking to pay somebody to make or modify some mag innards to fit an HK steel 20 for use in a regular AR AEG or TM recoil M4 (minus bolt stop feature); please DM me if you'd like the job.

• 2 weeks later...

Bribed my mrs to knock me up a few SAI logo stickers on her Cricut machine

What would take me days to figure out, she can knock up in a few minutes!

Cant believe I’m so chuffed with a couple of decals for my pistol case 😂

45B62520-14FE-4E96-91BF-81885E1468F1.thumb.jpeg.f1b357d78be7148fc52a87b4713fdf63.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Bribed my mrs to knock me up a few SAI logo stickers on her Cricut machine

What would take me days to figure out, she can knock up in a few minutes!

Cant believe I’m so chuffed with a couple of decals for my pistol case 😂

45B62520-14FE-4E96-91BF-81885E1468F1.thumb.jpeg.f1b357d78be7148fc52a87b4713fdf63.jpeg

Mate, I bought my missus a Cricut for Christmas and have used it more than her 🤣20220108_222443.thumb.jpg.5d263cb6197c54d7d0ed059f6363f65a.jpg

I had never even heard of a Cricut until a few minutes ago.

Bloody hell!  My stencil machine in the workshop cost £1200 about 30 years ago!   Bloody great cast iron frame thing.

Come to think of it, it may even have greased up and put away.  That modern thing does look amazing. 

Wanted some wing pouches to add to my chest rig for a radio. Cut a spare triple mag sleeve in half, tidied it up and have ordered some iron-on velcro so it can attach to my rig. May need to stitch the velcro in if the adhesive isn't strong enough. Pretty cheap alternative to buying actual pouches; £6~ for the sleeve and £2~ for the velcro. Not exactly 'made', more cut in half and stuck to something else.

PXL_20220109_142833781.jpg

PXL_20220109_143501551.jpg

PXL_20220109_143514492.jpg

download.jpg

Edited by Reverie

Converted a Storm grip that was for a PTS (I think) to work with a GBBR . Grafted a section of WE M4 grip in . It's for a mate's L119 A1 build and GBBR Storm grips seem to be rather thin on the ground at the mo.

P1100005.thumb.JPG.ae853bac668dfd0eee13dd33e77bd16b.JPG

Edited by Nick G

• Supporters

So ICS Galil Insert v2 was a partial success. It took BBs, but stopped at about 50 rounds which is far short of what it should take. I think the follower got caught at the base of the first turn. The initial turn to put the BB exit at the center of the mag was too twisting, leading to the follower getting stuck there. The decrease from double stack to single there also was too extreme, meaning BBs would get stuck there. The mags also squished onto my printbed slightly, leading to a slight edge on all edges which may interfere with feeding. So v3 now has a very slight rounding to all edges to counteract that, the insert that the hop unit goes into has been made slightly ovular to allow it to fit the hop easier, the BB pathing has been reworked with gentler curves to help feeding, the double to single area has been massively extended (may cause the mag to not feed the last 5 rounds or so, but thats an issue for future Spaz), and because I could I added about another 3 BB length to the feed tube. v3 is not going to be printed - instead I will begin on v4 which will integrate the 5 clasping bolts, the sole bottom retainer bolt, and the BB retainer and spring slot.

v2:

unknown.png.46db8620e0f5da2a45695cfd05c6914f.png

v3:

unknown.png.388052f0d7f00cfa6ff7be412fd92f92.png

Guest Mr. No_Face

Received the first prototype of my new 3d printed faceplate last week and managed to just about prep it in time for my first game of 2022 last Saturday. Postal delays were insane. I ordered Items 2 weeks in advance that still haven't shown up. Anyway, this mask is PLA material with 100% infil and fibreglass lining on the back.

2023918785_NOFACEMASK2.thumb.png.1bd125aef24e0903bda9dd85290e1126.png

It actually held up pretty well in my game and got positive reactions. Gonna be selling these pretty soon.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

ICS Galil Midcaps

This is great.

I see you printed it on the inside seam facing the bed. I think you should do it the other way. Remove the protruding parts from the side so it can lay flat. The front and back protrusions will still hold it in the shell. This way the ramp will be much cleaner. The spring will probably get stuck in the bends.

And/or you could make the path not just a pill shaped in cross section, but add a cutout where there's overhang. The edges will be printing cleaner.

What I did, was printing the other side on bed and added a raised part instead to create a small, smooth surface. And also because wu-tang.

The compressed spring forces the two sides apart with quite great force and even a small opening can make the BBs stuck. You might even need an other screw in the middle.

image.png.d7ea0b73b7bb6b50b3cb76a5ede0c359.png

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Samurai said:

This is great.

I see you printed it on the inside seam facing the bed. I think you should do it the other way. Remove the protruding parts from the side so it can lay flat. The front and back protrusions will still hold it in the shell. This way the ramp will be much cleaner. The spring will probably get stuck in the bends.

And/or you could make the path not just a pill shaped in cross section, but add a cutout where there's overhang. The edges will be printing cleaner.

What I did, was printing the other side on bed and added a raised part instead to create a small, smooth surface. And also because wu-tang.

The compressed spring forces the two sides apart with quite great force and even a small opening can make the BBs stuck. You might even need an other screw in the middle.

Maybe. It does actually have a small flat section in the path. So far there is no catching of the spring. There already are 5 bolts in there, and it so far holds up from the spring with just 2, so with all 5 in it should be good. If I start seeing failures where you mention then I may change that. I have also had serious issues with prints with that much contact with my printbed. V1 was basically a solid block to get the fit right, and I ended having to print it with the top of the mag down after a half-dozen failed prints trying to print it side-down. If someone wants to test the print on that side I can easily send you a modified file, but on my Prusa mk3S I am yet to have that style of print succeed. 

On 09/01/2022 at 14:49, Reverie said:

Wanted some wing pouches to add to my chest rig for a radio. Cut a spare triple mag sleeve in half, tidied it up and have ordered some iron-on velcro so it can attach to my rig. May need to stitch the velcro in if the adhesive isn't strong enough. Pretty cheap alternative to buying actual pouches; £6~ for the sleeve and £2~ for the velcro. Not exactly 'made', more cut in half and stuck to something else.

PXL_20220109_142833781.jpg

PXL_20220109_143501551.jpg

PXL_20220109_143514492.jpg

download.jpg

Why didn't you just leave the velcro that is already on them?