What have you made?

AK47frizzle

I had a bunch of stuff sitting around, so I decided to do something with it, though I'm not great at actually crafting suits; using them, yes, but not crafting them! It'll do until I can afford to splash out on a Sprinter Custom Ghillie... Webtex concealment vest with a bunch of Novritsch ghillie stuff attached. I wanted to do this rather than attaching all the stuff to a leaf suit because I don't have any ghillie'd up gear and I don't particularly want to experiment with my gucci Warrior Assault System gear. This I can wear over my belt kit so it doesn't matter.

IMG_20211204_123220145.thumb.jpg.4444e3d00b4ab59c766eecd811c221da.jpg

@Enid_Puceflange

That's a pretty good idea... I've got a cheapo chrono coming from that there China in a couple of weeks, might be tempted to do something similar.
What's the 200m of string look like inside?  I'm curious!  I would have just loosely balled up a scrim scarf and had that there.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

On 04/12/2021 at 13:44, RostokMcSpoons said:

@Enid_Puceflange

That's a pretty good idea... I've got a cheapo chrono coming from that there China in a couple of weeks, might be tempted to do something similar.
What's the 200m of string look like inside?  I'm curious!  I would have just loosely balled up a scrim scarf and had that there.

Looks like this mate

It doesn’t look it, that’s about two inches deep

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

1 hour ago, HuttArmouries said:

Can ya guess what it is yet? 

photo_2021-12-12_15-32-36.jpg

Yeah. Porridge! 😆 

15 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

working on a mockup of something for my ares striker. Can ya guess what it is yet? It will all be layers of welded sheet steel when done. 

photo_2021-12-12_15-32-36.jpg

That looks a little MAS-36 like

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

He's got me wanting an airsoft laugo alien so yes

i'm sure it'll happen eventually, although wether or not it's any good is a different story.

that said, the pews airsoft manufacturers do/don't decide to make has no logic....

19 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm sure it'll happen eventually, although wether or not it's any good is a different story.

that said, the pews airsoft manufacturers do/don't decide to make has no logic....

I'm not so sure. Looking at the internals the bolt face is tiny because of the top strap going through the slide. That area is where the blowback unit would be and there simply isn't space. We might see a non blowback one but I don't think a gbb one will show up

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

I'm not so sure. Looking at the internals the bolt face is tiny because of the top strap going through the slide. That area is where the blowback unit would be and there simply isn't space. We might see a non blowback one but I don't think a gbb one will show up

i dunno, the gap behind the bolt face seems to be primarily the result of using the top mounted hammer (same idea as the hole in an AR bolt)

i'd assume an airsoft version would be using a concealed hammer- similar to how glocks are setup, so that space could be used for a BBU as the hammer doesn't need to strike the chamber area.

wether that can be packed into the gap between the grip and mag ofc is a different story.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i dunno, the gap behind the bolt face seems to be primarily the result of using the top mounted hammer (same idea as the hole in an AR bolt)

i'd assume an airsoft version would be using a concealed hammer- similar to how glocks are setup, so that space could be used for a BBU as the hammer doesn't need to strike the chamber area.

wether that can be packed into the gap between the grip and mag ofc is a different story.

I believe the hammer is part of it but that top  strap also hooks in at the back so the slide is recoiling around it. So the part of the top strap will be in that gap if I am seeing it properly. 

Edited by HuttArmouries

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

I believe the hammer is part of it but that top  strap also hooks in at the back so the slide is recoiling around it. So the part of the top strap will be in that gap if I am seeing it properly. 

yeah, the protrusion the top strap hooks into can be the same as required for the piston head.

still reckon the fire control module is going to be the trickiest part of making it work, it may be they'll have to thin the magazine at the top to make room (ie the mag will step down from the back face at the upper end)

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah, the protrusion the top strap hooks into can be the same as required for the piston head.

still reckon the fire control module is going to be the trickiest part of making it work, it may be they'll have to thin the magazine at the top to make room (ie the mag will step down from the back face at the upper end)

I can see maybe tm coming up with something but that would only happen if the actual pistol itself got mainstream popularity. Other than that I think most other manufacturers either wouldn't bother or would go with a non blowback. 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

I can see maybe tm coming up with something but that would only happen if the actual pistol itself got mainstream popularity. Other than that I think most other manufacturers either wouldn't bother or would go with a non blowback. 

tbh my money would be on WE to be the ones to have a crack at it, either that or it'll maybe end up like the grach.

Nightmare trying to get all the titan wires + maxx tracer wires in the RA GB without the pinion chewing it up. Of course I went for the dremel:

bvuaGFP.jpg

Edited by paradoxum