What have you made?

AK47frizzle

4 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

17 Hours later, I have half a stock:

image.png.1e96b33ea5f3d2a8ad82e828f11bb1f5.png

Print came out really nice though. Other half has just started

I'm spending so much time printing stuff now (airsoft isn't my only hobby) that I'm seriously toying with the idea of buying (or even building) another printer. I'm really tempted to go down the Voron route for high-speed printing goodness.

Hi👋

Would your machine be able to make the plastic component from a specna arms sae-05

charging handle? 

🤔

Regards 

14 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Hi👋

Would your machine be able to make the plastic component from a specna arms sae-05

charging handle? 

🤔

Regards 

Probably.

Is that the bit that links onto the metal handle that flicks the dust cover open?

image.png.b34c90a3ec70441f76fb50f73a3ed463.png

I have a Specna Edge down my shed to take measurements from if you need something knocked up and printed.

Edited by Speedbird_666

Just now, Speedbird_666 said:

Probably.

Is that the bit that links onto the metal handle that flicks the dust cover open?

I have a Specna Edge down my shed to take measurements from if you need something knocked up and printed.

Yeah that's the part.have tried to get one but no luck. Have even purchased couple of complete handles for the plastic arm but it seems very specific for the e-05.

But yeah that would be great if you would be so kind👍

Regards 

Just now, Shamal said:

Yeah that's the part.have tried to get one but no luck. Have even purchased couple of complete handles for the plastic arm but it seems very specific for the e-05.

But yeah that would be great if you would be so kind👍

Regards 

Sure.

Gimme a day or two and I'll see what I can do for you.

8 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Sure.

Gimme a day or two and I'll see what I can do for you.

Thank you 👍

Having ordered a new bolt carrier and having extra nozzles, I thought I would put another  BCG together , to allow quicker and less fiddly changes when the temperature drops/rises and effects my FPS
well low and behold I only went and lost a critical little piece of shit £3.95 plastic that holds the whole fcuking thing together😂

Thats not including ridiculous shipping IF they had it in stock

The same piece is only valued at £1.00 on Samoon’s store!! 🤬

Sold out everywhere in UK as Samoon in Thailand aren’t shipping to the uk just now, and I need one by Thursday to allow me to head up to Inverness for the big game there this weekend 

Long story short, I was able to craft a couple out of a piece of nylon water pipe that just happened to be the exact thickness needed that was laying outside abandoned at the back of the garden!!

So some patience and a scalpel blade or two got me out of the woods.

Also been saved by Facebook and somebody very kindly is supplying me with a few originals 👌🏻

Here’s what I needed & here’s my makings :

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

1 hour ago, Speedbird_666 said:

@Shamal I've knocked up the design in CAD.

image.png.d0e19d477b32a01cf55f1ce615b193d8.png

I'll print a test one this afternoon and see how it fits. If I can get the design to work properly in the gun I'll send you a couple for the price of postage?

Wow that's fast work. 

Yeah cool👍I'll send a bit more to cover the ink or whatever it is. 🙂

Regards 

@Shamal Took a while, but I think I've got it working good now (just tested it for 100+ cycles).

Needed a few iterations and testing of the print orientation to maximise strength, the first prototype snapped instantly on a layer line with a vertical print, horizontal print was too flexible so ended up at 45deg. I beefed up the part thickness and added a strengthening rib running down the length it. I also had to extend the tab that hits the dust cover by 1MM for reliable opening.

image.png.a9c34d783ebf82f295b6511fab09032a.pngimage.png.3bb946cbd93ad30354eb942522a76c25.png

I'll print some more of the final design in the next few days so you'll have spares.

5 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

@Shamal Took a while, but I think I've got it working good now (just tested it for 100+ cycles).

Needed a few iterations and testing of the print orientation to maximise strength, the first prototype snapped instantly on a layer line with a vertical print, horizontal print was too flexible so ended up at 45deg. I beefed up the part thickness and added a strengthening rib running down the length it. I also had to extend the tab that hits the dust cover by 1MM for reliable opening.

image.png.a9c34d783ebf82f295b6511fab09032a.pngimage.png.3bb946cbd93ad30354eb942522a76c25.png

I'll print some more of the final design in the next few days so you'll have spares.

Wow that's great! 🙂

Yes that 1mm extra makes a difference with regards to reaching release mechanism.

I'm sure it will be better than original👍

Thanks very much👍

Regards 

So ive always wanted a classic soviet looking ak optic. Specifically for my plain ak74 but unfortunately they are pricey and im a cheapskate. So my next project is to take this aimpoint knockoff and this old cyma side mount and make some kind of soviet looking thingimajig. 

IMG_6436.JPG

30 minutes ago, Samurai said:

I never understood printing 100%.

Yeah, I know it's diminishing returns from a pure strength perspective, but being solid plastic adds some weight/heft and allows arbitrary drilling without crushing/smashing the Infil.

And PLA+ is cheap.

5 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

Just received them and got the plain one fitted and tested. Still needs some bolts and finishing work but it already shoots very well. Will post a vid later. 

That looks really good on there. Do you know what material it's printed in? Looks like PLA?

Moving on to my next project - Helmet-mounted fan. Basically my knockoff version of the ExFog.

I'll be printing this prototype tomorrow for fan fitment/airflow testing - If it works I'll add an integrated battery box and some cosmetic updates to 'pretty' the thing up for the final design.

image.png.2aa2ce61be0d1b552a8630766613ff5e.pngimage.png.c66e18582f63938b135b9cf3c345465f.png

Edited by Speedbird_666

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

First third prototype casing assembled. Not had chance to wire it up yet to test the fan's performance.

image.png.e08108b5d7b19187104222f43c8225ef.png

image.png.cc34f93e79f2a5cd12c7e5f7fb8608eb.png

If airflow is sufficient (it might not be - it's a 5V 4020 fan that was sent to me in error, I could end up with a 12v 50mm fan yet), I'll integrate a battery and add loops to the main body for bungee retention to the Arc rail.

So err....what happens when it rains?

14 minutes ago, Lozart said:

So err....what happens when it rains?

There'll be a rain cover. This case is just for testing airflow, internal ducting and nozzle positioning.

I'm already working on a redesigned version with a bunch of changes.

• Supporters

Looks like my custom parts for my QBJ-95 build are done. 4 part AC drum adapter, barrel cover, and battery extension all done. I am looking into getting a real RPK bipod to complete the look, and if that occurs I may redesign the cover, but for now its done. Assembly is tomorrow. 

xyhdgfrs.thumb.png.448f9dbcba633ca3439a6a6bd46daa6f.png

djruty.thumb.png.61e2cb21422e5d43520d5d759d8ae8c3.png

ugfhyi.thumb.png.34e1c0f1079d8484123ce13ea79c81f5.png

IMG-5320.thumb.jpg.c35d7b308fcf2a667ea2056169c2b177.jpg

IMG-5322.thumb.jpg.b923578f8c4e3cd0c5aae63f585911cc.jpg

IMG-5328.thumb.JPG.9fe8215a0d25b19bc078a9a062d5251a.JPG

5 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Looks like my custom parts for my QBJ-95 build are done. 4 part AC drum adapter, barrel cover, and battery extension all done. I am looking into getting a real RPK bipod to complete the look, and if that occurs I may redesign the cover, but for now its done. Assembly is tomorrow. 

Very nice mate. Will you be SLS printing the Mag adapter at some point?

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Very nice mate. Will you be SLS printing the Mag adapter at some point?

Im... Unsure. I have several parts made in SLS so far, and its certainly the superior material, but it does get pricey. Once this hurricane moves on I will fill the drum with ammo and go stress test it. If the epoxy fails Ill need to redesign it to use bolts, and if the PETG fails then I will need to get it done in SLS. But for now itll stay as PETG.