AK47frizzle

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

gold?

:P

Haha. Ok you win lol.

Regards 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, MiK said:

You should have seen the old duvet cover I was gonna use for this test run and I won’t mention the off cuts of this one is white and you know what that would look like :(

74DC5C5F-A919-4F71-A822-7C41085A168D.jpeg

Did you supply the costumes for ‘A Knight’s tale ? I’m sure that’s the material sir Ulric wore to the ball ! 😂😂

@Druid799 Nah M80, it’s just from the pile of old duvets that the wife got from her mum as I was asking after material for prototyping before I use the expense stuff - if you check my bandoleer images you will see the Hawaiian duvet I used to get the “kinks” out but the reverse/other side of the jack pattern is plain white and it would’ve looked full 3-K’s

Edited by MiK

Spot of modification to an issued smoke grenade pouch and a side pouch liner. 

I present to you a small utility pouch...

37A6AAE7-8047-4FA1-88B9-D50A4C9A452E.jpeg

34CD4025-43F3-4330-B9D2-6E0E41BAE786.jpeg

654C57DE-EA18-43B8-A520-B36E9E9E9673.jpeg

67BC0A78-2092-4247-8B17-C5F77989B50B.jpeg

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

This one isn't mine but my dad's just got the AAP-01

FB_IMG_1622639353693.jpg

😍😍🥴when are you starting production ! 

22 hours ago, MiK said:

Finally finished my integrated goggle/mask combo with fans for indoor CQB :)

CC59BC51-8BA7-40C6-8FE8-AE3B7ED7F7CA.jpeg

Looks good. I quess you haven't trialed it yet. 

Are the goggles part of mask or separate?

I would be interested to hear how it performs and maybe commission you to make one for me. 😉

@ShamalThe Goggles have had some heavy tweakage to fit around my glasses but my glasses still did the fog thing so I attached a couple of 25mm brushless fans in the corner it’s wired up to a small battery box which I used to tape to the strap but now will Velcro since I have got some for another project and a rechargeable 9v battery from my bass, and when my glasses started to fog at any point I would flick the switch it worked a treat a very very low fan sound - so faint someone stood next to me thought they had a gas leak :P

This was before lock down since I have added the mesh, the goggles came with 3 colour of lens but since these are for indoor I went with the clear.
The mesh mask is just a cheap one I got off Amazon with some heavy application of gooooo and it seems sturdy enough - I’ll give it a whirl if the Z-Mart meet up happens in July.

Probably cost me £40 in total, but as I had some of the materials anyways it would be closer to £50 from scratch version 2 will be just the cost of goggles.

Edited by MiK

52 minutes ago, MiK said:

@ShamalThe Goggles have had some heavy tweakage to fit around my glasses but my glasses still did the fog thing so I attached a couple of 25mm brushless fans in the corner it’s wired up to a small battery box which I used to tape to the strap but now will Velcro since I have got some for another project and a rechargeable 9v battery from my bass, and when my glasses started to fog at any point I would flick the switch it worked a treat a very very low fan sound - so faint someone stood next to me thought they had a gas leak :P

This was before lock down since I have added the mesh, the goggles came with 3 colour of lens but since these are for indoor I went with the clear.
The mesh mask is just a cheap one I got off Amazon with some heavy application of gooooo and it seems sturdy enough - I’ll give it a whirl if the Z-Mart meet up happens in July.

Probably cost me £40 in total, but as I had some of the materials anyways it would be closer to £50 from scratch version 2 will be just the cost of goggles.

I'm interested.

Let me know how the field tests go and take it from there? 

I do suffer in cqb with fogging. 

How are the fans switched?

Regards 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, MiK said:

Nice job.  Fans are the only real solution to fogging, I can sweat up anything less, even dual pane with Revision wipes.

Is the mesh hot-melt glued on top of the goggles?

@Rogerborg No matey, this attempt was with lots of Shoe Goo & being clamped up for a couple of days to cure and seems solid enough admittedly I’m not planning on trying to rip them apart for now but I have some Gorilla two part epoxy resin and some JB Weld steel stick ready but I was using the cheapest/already opened first.

• 2 weeks later...

So here’s a sneak peak on the work in progress to my new project which I think will surpass my mask/mesh combo hack.

It will be designed to go over a pair of Bollé Pilot goggles and snap to the out goggle frame and I’m hoping it will weigh less than the mask/mesh combo (atm it weighs a fuck tonne)

5F787A0C-2155-400A-9B37-E9129B5DDA3A.jpeg

E02BDE41-EBB2-43FA-98D6-AA314B8FC3CE.jpeg

32C86F0C-7F03-45AA-8EF0-F2BDBD829A6C.jpeg

7DC4A151-B74B-416F-A41A-A0C754BDDCC4.jpeg

Edited by MiK

Umm ookayyy. 🤔

Err yeah its,its uh very nice?

Sorry my visualisation skills are not up to much lol. I'm sure there is much to do. Just try and stop the kids drawing on it 😉

Regards 

@ShamalThink “Monkey Skull meets Punisher logo”, there’s a fair bit of sculpting around the lenses and atm debating wether to sculpt the long teeth of just paint them on the mesh guard 

sometimes I wish I would pull the trigger on eye surgery but I’m too chicken and really don’t want to see the needle coming at my eye….

Edited by MiK

3 minutes ago, MiK said:

@ShamalThink “Monkey Skull meets Punisher logo”, there’s a fair bit of sculpting around the lenses and atm debating wether to sculpt the long teeth of just paint them on the mesh guard 

I've not got an artistic bone in my body. So can't help you there. 

I shall await the finished product with tingling anticipation 👍

Regards 

8 minutes ago, MiK said:

sometimes I wish I would pull the trigger on eye surgery but I’m too chicken and really don’t want to see the needle coming at my eye….

It's lasers now I think..👀

Heheh your right but from what I’ve heard they have to numb up your eye first and there’s only one guess how that happens :P

• Supporters
14 hours ago, MiK said:

atm debating wether to sculpt the long teeth of just paint them on the mesh guard 

If you can definitely sculpt the teeth , actual what ever’s always looks so much better than just ‘painted on’ 👍

Latest piccie as I managed to get a on the face shot as it’s kinda hard to take a selfie atm 😎

Currently un decided own the lower jaw & teeth should look but I think it’s starting look how I want it to be (minus the teeth)

CFBEC026-B780-481A-B176-44512F4654A8.jpeg

• Supporters
On 14/06/2021 at 22:17, MiK said:

Heheh your right but from what I’ve heard they have to numb up your eye first and there’s only one guess how that happens :P

Totally off topic (but hay this is AFUK after all ! 🤦‍♂️) no needles involved , they use lidocaine drops in your eyes to numb them . 👍