What have you made?

AK47frizzle

5 hours ago, dykm2 said:

Made this prop a while ago for some private night games at the Stan. We call it the Big Orange Magic Box.

Key switch to start the countdown timer.

Big red E-stop to stop it.

Flashing strobe to make it easier to home in on.

When the timer runs out the klaxon sounds.

Simples!

Another team mate made it look good. Bits of an old VCR some parcel taped boxes and ofcourse an old Nokia!

received_443524143124545.jpeg

An all in a pasload case?

Some neat little bungee cord buckles which can be used (in place of rubber bands/ranger bands) to hold cables on handguards, slings in transit etc. 

Saves having to remove items to get the band down the handguard etc

And can be threaded through gaps like on the AFG below

20210227_163137.jpg

Edited by MagpieAirsoft

Finally finished my stock, just need to fix/attach the rear stock with a better bracket and paint the grip tan, but other than that it's 99.9% finished. :)

digitalcam1.jpg.bb8482c517712bf4a0360feed9141351.jpg

Edited by Sema Dragun

Guest Mr. No_Face

@MiK Fantastic Job on the plate carrier. That's one skill I'd love to add my repertoire.🤙

• Finished the mould of my current mask and created a third with a more flexible, durable material. Calling this one...."Grey Jaw" I guess.
  • Got the paint done and coated with some Citadel varnish to protect the Job.
  • This one will be fitted with 4mm thick clear lenses and a mesh protected nose area. Plenty of ventilation, including a gap between the skull and the lower jaw.
  • The inside is also lined with padding.

thumbnail_IMG_1559.thumb.jpg.96e14f154c6563723f284e9e16ef149c.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1557.thumb.png.af072ba6155dbbed9527fb758524a2da.png

thumbnail_IMG_1443.thumb.png.b94b43140e9180693b358c43cd917df9.png

Padding

thumbnail_IMG_1560.jpg.a43280146804d2b32e6c1e7f1a82da84.jpg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

@MiK Fantastic Job on the plate carrier. That's one skill I'd love to add my repertoire.🤙

• Finished the mould of my current mask and created a third with a more flexible, durable material. Calling this one...."Grey Jaw" I guess.

Outstanding work there ! Was wondering you ever thought about doing a red splattered one so it looks like your face has literally been ripped off ? Just to entertain the children of course ? 😉

Guest Mr. No_Face
34 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Outstanding work there ! Was wondering you ever thought about doing a red splattered one so it looks like your face has literally been ripped off ? Just to entertain the children of course ? 😉

Thanks, Funny enough the first commissioned mask actually came blood splattered but I ended up removing the blood since it looked a little too much. Even for me 😁

1786312728_JAWBONE.png.65507c74b9899325c019d8abd1458c10.png

Edited by Mr. No_Face

@Mr. No_Face Cheers buddeh, am still a little vexed at my schoolboy error in patten but I’m gonna do another sooner than later with any tweaks needed after I run that one for a couple of games.

I think those masks are mental !! I would to attempt making something like that but I have to contend with my spec’s :( but I think I have a “Baldrick” on that bouncing about in the nether regions of my brain :)

Edited by MiK

• Supporters
On 10/05/2021 at 20:10, MagpieAirsoft said:

Some neat little bungee cord buckles which can be used (in place of rubber bands/ranger bands) to hold cables on handguards, slings in transit etc. 

Saves having to remove items to get the band down the handguard etc

And can be threaded through gaps like on the AFG below

20210227_163137.jpg

Can I ask where’d you get the mini side release from ? 

5 hours ago, Druid799 said:

You can ask, I sure as hell can't remember at the moment lol. Will reply again when I find the details. 

5 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Greenman bushcraft 

https://www.greenmanbushcraft.co.uk/paracord-store/paracord-buckles-and-accessories/greenman-bushcraft-mini-side-release-buckles.htm

On 06/03/2020 at 07:45, Flintlock said:

A couple of Vickers I made for a EH show a few years back

37043780_2078050229117034_8594346103233576960_n.jpg

And ad agency I used to work for had a Maxim in the boardroom. Legend has it it was used on the Russian front.

I spend a lot of my spare time behind the sewing machine, either modifying things to fit my hobbit size frame or updating designs to a more modern/useful cut etc. 

The plate carrier was built from scratch using 500D PECOC Hybrid pattern fabric. Based on the Viper VX buckle up plate carrier. (The buckles and cummerbund are Viper - using their buckles allows me to add on any Viper mini rig) I've built two of these now, one in this PECOC pattern and one in BATUS/Opfor Blue DPM. I'm working on a third in good old fashioned Queens plaid DPM 1000D fabric.

The DNG parka was inspired by Hannleitassa's "Krus cut" parkas on Instagram. Cropped to waist length, added a zipper, removed elastic cuffs and added velcro adjustments. Added "raid mod" pockets to shoulders, added actual pockets where the pocket flaps where. I'm going to start a second one soon that will be a pull over like the 0241 TOP. I'm also having some fabric printed in DNG but an Arid colour wayto build one from scratch.

The "Micro fight" clone is copied from a Viper VX mini rig, Again, using  Viper buckles so it's cross compatible. 

From the previews the colour on these looks mental. I'm not sure what colour profile these forums use, but they look completely off to how they should. :)

PECOC Plate Carrier IG.jpg

DNG 001 IG.jpg

PECOC micro rig IG.jpg

• Supporters

Was bored had a couple of unused MC black pouches and material laying around so knocked an ultra-light mini rig together similar to one i’d seen somewhere(can’t for the life of me remember where it was)in OD .

A4637E44-E8F0-45EF-9F5D-705339C9B220.jpeg

So I’ve been “at it” again today and finally started mocking up my ghillie hood/upper and actually got the first one knocked up as a test fit/size.

The hood’s a little tight on top so I’m gonna slap in a panel on to to give me some more head room, I think I’m gonna widen the neck area so I make my head/shoulders more of a triangle than square/circle which the eyes will notice.

I think I’m gonna open the chest area so the edges don’t meet and I might bring the hem up to mid-rift but keep a tail on the back….

Comments and suggestions plz

(and before anyone asks WHY you making it ?? The answer is WHY NOT ! I get a custom fit and the fact I can :P )

78C5B01E-C5FE-4A7C-A905-06A04C422FB3.jpeg

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, MiK said:

Comments and suggestions plz

i don't think there are many locations in the uk where that would be an effective set of colours :P

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i don't think there are many locations in the uk where that would be an effective set of colours :P

You should have seen the old duvet cover I was gonna use for this test run and I won’t mention the off cuts of this one is white and you know what that would look like :(

74DC5C5F-A919-4F71-A822-7C41085A168D.jpeg

• Supporters
1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

Incorrect - climb a flag pole at any royal residence or military establishment.

that's slightly better than the one i came up with, which i didn't post in case it went down like a lead balloon......

1 hour ago, MiK said:

You should have seen the old duvet cover I was gonna use for this test run and I won’t mention the off cuts of this one is white and you know what that would look like :(

i mean at least it's green? :P

11 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that's slightly better than the one i came up with, which i didn't post in case it went down like a lead balloon......

i mean at least it's green? :P

Blue?🤔 lol