What have you made?

AK47frizzle

12 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm assuming from the context you're making something with molle yourself, so the ability to move a pouch up/down is probably not relevant given you're gonna be putting the strips where you want them anyway.

Yea, I’m finally getting down to making my reverse bandoleer since most plate carriers don’t fit this chunky monkey that well ;| 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, MiK said:

Yea, I’m finally getting down to making my reverse bandoleer since most plate carriers don’t fit this chunky monkey that well ;| 

i know the feeling.

i just use belt rigs, i'm not worried about stopping actual bullets and i have enough frontal padding without adding several inches of carrier and mags on top :P

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, MiK said:

While I'm all for a bit of "tinkering", why make a molle bandoleer when there's already a few on the market, some of which are fairly cheap but still well made, & as for the back, well just get two & put them together ?.

Personally, I love the bandoleers, been using them for years, got 3 I think🤔, & knowing how much stitchwork goes in to them, I'd never try to make one, not a cost effective use of time & materials.

5 minutes ago, Tackle said:

While I'm all for a bit of "tinkering", why make a molle bandoleer when there's already a few on the market, some of which are fairly cheap but still well made, & as for the back, well just get two & put them together ?.

Personally, I love the bandoleers, been using them for years, got 3 I think🤔, & knowing how much stitchwork goes in to them, I'd never try to make one, not a cost effective use of time & materials.

Three words Tackle that simply sums it up

“Bored in Lockdown”

Time wise it isn’t taking that much time actually stitching it but it’s taken a wee while getting amongst it and the plus side of it is that it will actually fit me perfectly with adjustable options.

Cost wise: since I bought most of the materials over the whole of lockdown this last year and mostly in “sales” I think I’ve spent like £100-ish on all those materials and I have enough to make another bandoleer or a full plate carrier, a couple of ghillie tops/hoods/gun wraps for my rifles which was the original idea but the reverse bandoleer has kinda taken over my first project :)

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i know the feeling.

i just use belt rigs, i'm not worried about stopping actual bullets and i have enough frontal padding without adding several inches of carrier and mags on top :P

Haha snap! 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, MiK said:

@TheFull9 Cheers matey, I thought as much but I’ve seen on tinterweb some plate carriers that don’t have a gap between the strips - not counting the laser cut panels - cuts down on the crafting by a third \o/

I’ve been making kit for a good few years now and I find the best way too mark out the molle spacing is have a sheet of card with spacing marked on it that you’ve then cut with a craft knife on each ‘stitch’ line that you mark through on to the material in one go . I found if you mark up each line as you go along It’ll always go Pete Tong and you end up with crooked molle strips ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
5 hours ago, MiK said:

Three words Tackle that simply sums it up

“Bored in Lockdown”

Time wise it isn’t taking that much time actually stitching it but it’s taken a wee while getting amongst it and the plus side of it is that it will actually fit me perfectly with adjustable options.

Cost wise: since I bought most of the materials over the whole of lockdown this last year and mostly in “sales” I think I’ve spent like £100-ish on all those materials and I have enough to make another bandoleer or a full plate carrier, a couple of ghillie tops/hoods/gun wraps for my rifles which was the original idea but the reverse bandoleer has kinda taken over my first project :)

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve been making kit for a good few years now and I find the best way too mark out the molle spacing is have a sheet of card with spacing marked on it that you’ve then cut with a craft knife on each ‘stitch’ line that you mark through on to the material in one go . I found if you mark up each line as you go along It’ll always go Pete Tong and you end up with crooked molle strips ! 🤦‍♂️

Maybe you two should get together & start an old ladies sewing circle 😜

低-somewhere-along-the-line-our-sewing-circle-took-a-5394619.png

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Tackle said:

Maybe you two should get together & start an old ladies sewing circle 😜

Terence Walter Arthur Thomas !🤦‍♂️

0B7829D3-66C0-4C3E-8D71-380604830E76.jpeg

Heheheh @Tacklemight be a idea of asking/getting @proffrink to set up new section/corner  “Sewing with @Druid799 & @MiK

I’m almost done with mine, just need to decide on the back panel - solid or strapping,  if I want to put a radio holder on the back shoulder and some place for a patch or two.

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i feel like i need to ask the obvious question here, but how are you planning on that fitting in a launcher?

Im building my own launcher around this shell. It will be a permenant part of it and front load like a gp25. the line goes to an external thing with a chamber for co2 cartridges and a regulator. 

• Supporters
Just now, HuttArmouries said:

Im building my own launcher around this shell. It will be a permenant part of it and front load like a gp25. the line goes to an external thing with a chamber for co2 cartridges and a regulator. 

fair enough, i'm guessing the tag shells don't have any fancy shenanigans for resetting them then.

any particular look you're going for or just straight functionality?

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

fair enough, i'm guessing the tag shells don't have any fancy shenanigans for resetting them then.

any particular look you're going for or just straight functionality?

Im probably gonna go for something vaugely eglm looking. And the tag shells dont actually seem to need resetting and even if they do I can just make the trigger have enough travel to do it. This sort of smooth plastic look with the metal underneath. Id like it to look nice but function is more important

3ca46569112f973c30aba8d3021532dd.jpg

Also planning a standalone stock but this is probably gonna live on my ak102 most of the time

Got bored waiting for all the little bits of hardware for my grenade launcher to arrive so I made a basic sight arangement for it. This is more of a prototype. Ill make the final one from aluminium. with some sort of adjustment method. For now though Im just going to zero it for 50m and bolt it down. 

IMG_6136.JPG

IMG_6135.JPG

• Supporters
On 06/04/2021 at 12:45, PopRocket123 said:

I seem to be spending more time designing than actually printing at the moment

FB_IMG_1617705304476.jpg

FB_IMG_1617705312932.jpg

Oooohhh ! I’m liking that !😍

On 02/04/2021 at 22:44, MiK said:

Whilst I wait on my cotton delivery for my bandoleer, I decided to finish another part started project a full mesh face mask that actually covers my mush properly ;) 

B90D5032-A673-4F03-A268-304D94915D13.jpeg

Can I have the one with all the colours around it ? Will go absolutely spiffing with my Bizon ! 😇

14 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Oooohhh ! I’m liking that !😍

Can I have the one with all the colours around it ? Will go absolutely spiffing with my Bizon ! 😇

Funnily enough I'm not happy with it. I'll have another go at some point, see if I can do better. 

• Supporters

Not a particularly epic make just a small alteration to make a rig more useful to me . I’m not a great user of pistols always carry one but vary rarely extra mags so the ones you often find on rigs aren’t much use to me . Bought a mini rig of @lucaslu1709on theses very forums (cheers bud👍) which had two pistol mag pouches on the front , so split the two centre seams on the elastic , stripped the webbing panels off the front of the pouches then stitched two sections of elastic to make one single and used the shock cord from the top of the pistol pouches to make the bottom retainer . Simples ! 

EBAF5FA7-D2EF-40C3-BDD5-26D8C5A9E521.jpeg

AB1024C9-1C13-41F0-AF27-F233D91A01E9.jpeg

Not as impressive as all your custom rigs and holsters but here's mine. My partner goes through hairbands like you wouldn't believe so I took a couple of the stretched out ones and used them to secure my grenades to my belt. The spoon goes through the molle and the hairband goes over the top and hooks on the pin. They're nice and secure now and, with a bit of practice, just as fast to unhook. 

IMG_20200824_222158.jpg

IMG_20200824_221910.jpg

• Supporters
11 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

Not as impressive as all your custom rigs and holsters but here's mine. My partner goes through hairbands like you wouldn't believe so I took a couple of the stretched out ones and used them to secure my grenades to my belt. The spoon goes through the molle and the hairband goes over the top and hooks on the pin. They're nice and secure now and, with a bit of practice, just as fast to unhook. 

IMG_20200824_222158.jpg

Now that is a good idea ! 👍