What have you made?

AK47frizzle

1 minute ago, GenuineGerman said:

How did you repair the bolt? 

Not finished yet, I need to finesse it tomorrow, but essentially put a machined aluminium tube inside it, Dremel’d  out some slots to get the tube to site square.

Grub screws to properly secure it tomorrow, it’s currently epoxied.

Just now, rocketdogbert said:

Not finished yet, I need to finesse it tomorrow, but essentially put a machined aluminium tube inside it, Dremel’d  out some slots to get the tube to site square.

Grub screws to properly secure it tomorrow, it’s currently epoxied.

That is a great idea 💡. I would have been thinking about getting the welder on it or profiling a new one. But that is a much better/easier way of doing it. Thanks for sharing 

2 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

That is a great idea 💡. I would have been thinking about getting the welder on it or profiling a new one. But that is a much better/easier way of doing it. Thanks for sharing 

NP, should hold up better than the original pot metal lol

53E431AE-D0BF-4717-80D2-EDC4D5D7DCBA.jpeg

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

25 round MG.13 magazine, looks like it can also fit Gewehr 41s

Damnit, that was one that i thought it was but was like "nahh cant be an mg13 mag"

Mag is just bolted on it quite nicely holds an mk23 mag. It's mainly aluminium tube. Afg works as a cocking handle.

Bought a cheap repro mauser 712 stock from china. Been gradually sanding down and refitting the catch and it now slots into my we mauser no problem. To my surprise all the fittings on this cheapo stock are steel so they are getting blued at some point. Also goint to get wooden grips and have a go at refinishing the mauser.

IMG_5836.JPG

IMG_5835.JPG

On 17/09/2020 at 20:15, Smiling-Dutchman said:

Cranking handle on my speedloader changed its mind about being a cranking handle for a speedloader.

So I made a new one on the lathe out of some spare brass stock.

Annoyingly I did find some pre-made metric screws, but I couldn't find the metric tap and die set. So I made both a new screw as well as the handle using BA thread. Added some superglue on the thread for good measure.

20200917_200412.jpg

that reminds me, i need to do something similar to make a new handle for my nuprol speedloader..   damn handle came apart second time i used it.... =/

On 18/09/2020 at 20:20, Albiscuit said:

4F83B3F0-4FA6-4F8D-A955-2794A184B492.jpeg

i see the foam inserts you made for your bag, and i have done some similar things with an ex-military missile case (for my RIFs) and a large ammo case (for magazines etc).

i think i posted somewhere on the forum that thats what i was planning,  but i dont think i posted the final results...

here are the pics:

first the missile case turned gun case:

20210117_181850.thumb.jpg.0d4477a48330a6771186567b8f5f48fb.jpg20210117_181820.thumb.jpg.014c61c66fe77bca7ebf1fa36dd66cf5.jpg20210117_181735.thumb.jpg.c1f2acc984277ae2192fa391740f7910.jpg20210117_181709.thumb.jpg.c7b43eb736dfd4b1297b638bbbd18f11.jpg

and the ammo case turned magazine case:

20210117_182145.thumb.jpg.23ace91c0d07d7011007a94f3109b116.jpg20210117_182158.thumb.jpg.086cbfe1dac8db6370aa5339529af325.jpg20210117_182217.thumb.jpg.13a8ee69eaba3b7e7efe2946f929570a.jpg20210117_182227.thumb.jpg.99bacba06e9ce84cf4e83950f79cf010.jpg

20210117_181814.jpg

Looks great, I will find some better foam in the future and tidy it up, it looks gash but functional for now.

• Supporters

I’ve just made lots of REALLY stupid decisions !🤦‍♂️

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

I’ve just made lots of REALLY stupid decisions !🤦‍♂️

Lol, I'm with you mate, must be a "people of a certain generation" thing, I'd like to say I've learned from my mistakes, but that would be a big fat porky 🐷

Hello good ol'community,

I got a question for custom builds/builders. I'm currently on a personal project and have had some people help with the design aspect. I'm moving onto the next phase which is more for function/working condition. Does anyone know of a place/company that can assist with making a functional 3D printed airsoft gun, or have advice on the next phase? I have a few mock 3D molds at present.

Many thanks,

• Supporters

The OP, @AK47frizzle is actually in the trials process with his own design of Airsoft gun, he'd probably be the best person for advice, assuming your design isn't too much like his, then he might rightly tell you to feck off 🤣

At some point i would also like to see about making my own airsoft gun,  but i need more money behind me first, as it would require a lot of work.

The gun i want to make would probably have to be a GBB as the (rare) real steel is mostly exposed workings due to it being a conversion from a bolt action rifle into a LMG...  (so no place to hide a gearbox and motor)

Is there any requirement to get a home made GBB proofed (or a similar test) before it can be used on fields?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Salz007 said:

8 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

The gun i want to make would probably have to be a GBB as the (rare) real steel is mostly exposed workings due to it being a conversion from a bolt action rifle into a LMG...  (so no place to hide a gearbox and motor)

& The gun in question is ?

I did knock together a bb trap target for my back garden, so i can do some shooting during lockdown to relieve a bit of boredom...

I know it doesnt look like much, it was quickly knocked together from some cheap timber so that if required i can quickly pull it apart and store it in pieces between my shed and fence without faffing around with complex fastenings etc...  plus the simple construction allows me to make quick repairs if needed....

A bit of wire across the opening allows me to hang paper targets, or i can put knock-down targets inside the trap

I am adding more padding inside the target though, as i did get a couple of ricochets during test shots, so until i have the appropriate materials to hand i wont be using it again.

20210122_154852.jpg

20210122_154845.jpg

8 minutes ago, Tackle said:

& The gun in question is ?

Its a Charlton rifle, made by the australian and new zealand armies in early ww2 due to issues getting brens from britain, and a huge surplus of lee enfield rifles from ww1...

GunCityCharlton01.jpg

GunCityCharlton02.jpg