New to the game.

MiK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Hi Everyone,

I thought it was time to actually make a post after just reading the forums for so many months (had issues registering) and I thought I would say hello.

Hello;)

I am of the more mature age group who needed a new hobby and after a airsoft YouTube vid appeared in my recommendations (dunno why) it brought back memories of paint balling back in my 20’s and I watched a few different styles since. I have played a few games at the Department CQB as I didn’t fancy the weather over the last few months and decided this is a hobby for me, I do have a couple of questions and ponderings if anyone would/could endulge this old goat.

1. Why is it sooooo hard to find any gear to wear that caters for the larger chunky monkey and anyone give me a few pointers to respectable retailers/suppliers ?

2. Any recommendations to other sites around the East Midlands (I’m based in Leicester) that would suit the newer and slower player (hoping to get faster in time)  - I’m happy to travel a fair few miles if the site is super awesome but not to Landsend or John’o’groats.

Cheers in advance to anyone reading/replying 

Hello and welcome and don't worry about your age, there's quite a few of us on here of more "advanced" years and you might find that you're not the oldest!

As to your questions:

1. Depends on your budget and what you're looking for really, I started with a couple of local military surplus places but online there's British Military Surplus who do some pretty good deals and there's always Ebay.  Flecktarn is another good one worth taking a look at too.

2. I'm not in your area but this thread would be a good place to start, hopefully someone else will be along shortly with some recommendations.

😁

• Supporters

^pretty well covered for the clothing

surplus is always a good bet, it's worth taking the time to get something that fits you well, but bear in mind and especially for cqb there's no real requirement to wear camo.

mate of mine always just wears a standard hiking fleece at games because that's just what he preferrs, and i've played a few games in a t shirt on a hot day.

@Philby21 Cheers for the info, I tried the Mil-Surplus in Lutterworth had loads of gear but wasn’t currently stocking anything for the chunky-set :(

@Adolf Hamster Again cheers for pointers, currently running a hoodie combo but I do plan on venturing to the great outdoors as soon as the weather doesn’t play havoc with my shot left knee.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Archived