Small combat shirts?

tibernius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Having bought, tried on once, and then sold my Leo Köhler Combat Shirt in the smallest size they make (M), I'm now looking for a replacement that will actually fit me. I measured beforehand and I'm around a 96cm chest, which would put me at a size 48 - but somehow the 46/48 ended up being at least 2 sizes too big, especially the sleeves. I'm a scrawny bugger but I wasn't expecting the sleeves to be more than twice the size of my arms.

Another problem is my team runs A-TACS FG and are swapping to iX, and I've only seen two other companies that make combat shirts in iX at the moment - Truspec, who seem to make shirts with even bigger sleeves than LK, and OPS/ur-tactical, who I've heard nothing about.

So two questions: 1, are there any other companies I should be checking out for this? 2, have any of you had any experience with OPS/ur-tactical combat shirts and can comment on the sizing?

Crap, forgot to mention those are European sizes, not inches. Flecktarn listed the M as 40"-43", and I'm used to slightly loose shirts, so I thought it would be fine. The same shirt in S should fit me according to Flecktarn's chart, but LK don't make them.

I was going to just buy the Truspec one in S until I saw this:

The sleeves were the biggest issue for me with the LK shirt and they seem to be even bigger on this one, despite it being a Small.

I have issues buying gear as I'm wide at the waist and short in the leg. Virtually all combat trousers come in a 32" inside leg where a 30 is often perfect for me. I have resigned myself to getting them tailored. Is there no option of getting a shirt that fits but maybe has slightly too long arms and finding a local tailor?

• Supporters

OPS/UR is very good kit, also made in Hong kong and definitely runs on the small side of things.  An OPS small will be a close fit on even a real skinny bugger.

I love Leo Kohler, super value for money, but they run on the large side of their sizes for sure.

• Supporters
On 14/02/2020 at 14:59, TheFull9 said:

OPS/UR is very good kit, also made in Hong kong and definitely runs on the small side of things.  An OPS small will be a close fit on even a real skinny bugger.

I love Leo Kohler, super value for money, but they run on the large side of their sizes for sure.

@tibernius what he said. Definitely recommend OPS/UR kit for airsoft, they come with elbow pads and if you like the colours they have them in the new Gen 3 has pattern matched body material instead of a plain colour.

Also - you can get the OPS stuff from Hueys who do discount with the code HERESY10 (courtesy of The Heresy Group).

Archived