Reasons why you buy a particular model of AEG

AlphaBear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Fell in love with Glocks when I saw them used extensively in The X Files and then went and bought a 1911 as my first sidearm.  Since I finally bought a Glock I've fallen in love with it again, it just fits my hand nicely.

First got into the Sopmod watching The Last Ship, just looked so purposeful, eventually went for the TM and again, it just feels right.

During my regular trawls of AliExpress I've been noticing ads for backpack steady cam kits, then someone pointed me towards a website for building the Aliens M56 Smart Gun (based on the MG42) - completely impractical for skirmishing but I'm still tempted to build one!

I been watching the new Hawaii 5-0 a lot over the last few years, kind of been influenced by that, m4, ak, mp5, mp7 and HK45

• Supporters
8 hours ago, pod2k2 said:

I been watching the new Hawaii 5-0

[Random aside]

* CBS points to it as a show featuring top billed BAME actors rather than just the usual white guys.

* BAME actors realise they're getting paid less than the usual white guys, ask for pay parity.

* CBS: GTFO.

If Tinseltown didn't have double standards, it wouldn't have any standards at all.

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

[Random aside]

* CBS points to it as a show featuring top billed BAME actors rather than just the usual white guys.

* BAME actors realise they're getting paid less than the usual white guys, ask for pay parity.

* CBS: GTFO.

If Tinseltown didn't have double standards, it wouldn't have any standards at all.

I don't even know what that means 😂

43 minutes ago, pod2k2 said:

He means the white guys were being paid more than the Hawaiian guy and girl so they left because they didn't get more money. CBS brought on two more Hawaiian people to replace. 

it's a good show. 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, pod2k2 said:

2 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

He means the white guys were being paid more than the Hawaiian guy and girl so they left because they didn't get more money. CBS brought on two more Hawaiian people to replace. 

it's a good show. 

Also - BAME = Black And Minority Ethnic, GTFO = Get The Fuck Out

But yes, it's a good show.

17 hours ago, pod2k2 said:

I been watching the new Hawaii 5-0 a lot over the last few years, kind of been influenced by that, m4, ak, mp5, mp7 and HK45

You mean like this one...?

20180907_122134.thumb.jpg.de390d7a00f93871707de4d2cab416ce.jpg

600px-H50S7E12_00.jpg

These three are all inspired by some of my favorite movies... not the most practical primaries considering a distinct lack of RIS space. Also with the exception of the 733 they all look and feel pretty goofy with optics mounted IMO.

M16VN - Definitely platoon and FMJ inspired (though not poxy apocalypse now with their sacrilegious use of 30rd silver stan mags 😂)

M16/m203 - Predator, and Black Hawk Down.

M733 - Mostly Black Hawk Down, but also Heat and Blood Diamond.

20200221_171157_.thumb.jpg.c10ab5425c3f08595c7ba3a3bcf3ae53.jpg

I bought mine for various guns from games and movies I wanted, or as close as I could get.

G&G TR16 Short - Bought for a Halloween Game costume from Fallout New Vegas. Now upgraded into an "All-American" homage.

CA SA58 - Based my black loadout on Tanith Ghosts, it looked like a good lasgun analog.

G&G P90 (now sold) - Halloween again, went as Chief Tyrol from BSG.

G&G TR4 Viper - MGS Patriot homage. Used a G&P frontend.

TM SGR12 - "Abomination" from Monster Hunter novels.

• Supporters

Reasons why you buy a particular model of AEG

jeez, coz I want it & (hopefully) can afford it (of a sort)

Ask ya wife/GF why buy a particular bag/shoes etc...

Image result for guns think of them as shoes meme

Honestly I think my own logic is along the lines of:

I f**king like that ~ i REALLY f**king like that

I think I can afford it (and hide it from wife)

I had a quick check of some reviews and flaws - yeah still not bad

fairly reliable, no real bad flaws to avoid like the plague

(seriously, at least "try" to do a tiny bit of research if possible than buy a POS)

What do the bits n bobs costs - extra mags & spare parts

A good price or offer.....

Oh shit they got it on offer - should i get a spare or one in tan as well as black

Then it all goes crazy and another credit card gets max'd out once again

Some people look for something different say Aug or L85 something

others something looking all "operator" or used in wot not

others like "f**k it, it was on offer" etc...

end of day, most of them sling out BB's ok and allow you play peew peew peew

so buy what YOU like with YOUR money

they all have their flaws, some more than others, so seek a bit of advice maybe

just before you part with your hard earned cash

if you are a rich bastard like I once was....

Buy whatever the f**k you like as you got money to burn to create your own armoury

Ummmmmmmmm... For pistols:

m1911 - Because Big Boss used one

HK mk23 - Because Solid Snake used one

(Who would've guessed I'm a massive fan of the Metal Gear Solid series...)

For rifles:

m14 - Because it's got that classic rifle aesthetic while being a good semi-auto DMR. Furthermore, Black Hawk Down was a thing and that last stand scene was super cool.

Image result for black hawk down m14

Price to performance and if it looks cool or not. Also availability of upgrade or replacement parts.

Got an AY Spectre because of call of duty black ops. Might not be the best performer but it looks cool imo in gunmetal grey.

20200201_150012.jpg

received_803235200178134.jpeg

1 hour ago, E21A said:

Because I like the way it looks. Any AEG can be made to shoot well so what’s inside really doesn’t matter to me. 

Aye. The spectre was kinda trashy but was fully standard v3 innards, so £50 of upgrades later, its a lovely little submachine gun.

On 14/02/2020 at 14:24, FreeFrag.UK said:

@MandalShArK - I blame good old Karl and his obsessive attempt to slaughter My McClane for my purchase of an AUG 😂 I don't regret it in the slightest though, I absolutely love my AUG.

The roof GO GO

39 minutes ago, SgtTalbert said:

Who makes your M733? Is it any good OOTB? 

Built it from scratch bud.

CA M15A2 reciever

G&P M733/Commando front set

TM CAR15 stock

CA v2 shell with some decent innards... recently installed a homemade mosfet.

Guarder infinite torque up motor.

I think i bought most of the pieces from the classifieds on UKAZ or ASCUK - probably didn't cost me more than 150 quid total. considering the parts I used, it was a bargain.

Don't think it's ever broken down on me, so reliability has been pretty damn good.

Left it in storage for a couple of years and it wouldn't feed when I took it out again - swapped out the tappet spring and its been going fine ever since.

Closest OOTB AEG you could find would probably be the G&P with A1 type receiver, so more like the one from Heat than BHD 😉 :

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-m733-airsoft-gun-aeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/02/2020 at 12:02, PrometheusX said:

Aye. The spectre was kinda trashy but was fully standard v3 innards, so £50 of upgrades later, its a lovely little submachine gun.

I'm currently looking at grabbing one. Any advice or warnings? I'm happy to do upgrades on it, especially if it's all standard V3.

On 17/03/2020 at 14:31, FreeFrag.UK said:

I'm currently looking at grabbing one. Any advice or warnings? I'm happy to do upgrades on it, especially if it's all standard V3.

Not really. Was standard so upgrading was cheap and easily done.

I would start with

- new hop unit and good bucking

- new piston and piston head

- stronger spring

- metal spring guide

- rewire to deans

After that, you will want gears/motor to either achieve faster rate of fire or faster trigger response...or a balance for both. Wouldnt bother with a tbb as it comes with a 6.05 anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.