Reasons why you buy a particular model of AEG

AlphaBear

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So Seal Team on SKY. They roll with HK416's. Now I want one! I don't need one coz I have far too many other variants in my humble opinion. But now I want a damn 416 delta in Tan. I shouldn't have come back to this. Damn mid life crisis malarky! lol

12 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

So Seal Team on SKY. They roll with HK416's. Now I want one! I don't need one coz I have far too many other variants in my humble opinion. But now I want a damn 416 delta in Tan. I shouldn't have come back to this. Damn mid life crisis malarky! lol

I feel your pain. I want the 417, for exactly the same reason...

8 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I feel your pain. I want the 417, for exactly the same reason...

The 417 is like M16 length isn't it? It's bloody huge! Mind you it does look pretty mean and stick a 6.03 pommy barrel in it with a eagle6 M95 spring you're signing! 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, SgtTalbert said:

I'm confused as thats not a 416? or am i missing a joke?

That for airsoft purposes if you cover the magwell and scribble "Toy 416" on the side then the only person who will know or care that it's a toy M4 is you.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

That for airsoft purposes if you cover the magwell and scribble "Toy 416" on the side then the only person who will know or care that it's a toy M4 is you.

Oh right

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

the way I tell a m4 vs 416 is the raised RIS on top.

Admittedly I keep getting tempted by a Thompson lately, mostly due to the series of books I'm currently reading.

I'd love to replicate fictional loadouts from various films, or even real ones I've discovered through films but until I get rid of the three guns I'm currently trying to sell I can't justify it unfortunately.

A number of years back the Aliens pulse rifle came out as an Airsoft replica. I recall a shop in Milton Keynes selling them stupidly cheap for £200! At the time of thought naaaaah, I don't need it.. but hindsight being what it is for pure nostalgia value it would have been worth it...

And of course there's the Sterling! Did they every make an Airsoft replica of that?

2 is the apex for me, purely for the sake of a backup. Preferably taking the same mags, most likely the same gun. AEG is a just tool for me and one I don't often use so ones enough for me atm. Now replace this statement with old spring pistols and sometimes obscure collectible gas pistols I'm all over it. I don't like having loads of high end unused kit sitting about unless its collectible, holds value or I'm gonna keep it going and run it into the ground.

41 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

A number of years back the Aliens pulse rifle came out as an Airsoft replica. I recall a shop in Milton Keynes selling them stupidly cheap for £200! At the time of thought naaaaah, I don't need it.. but hindsight being what it is for pure nostalgia value it would have been worth it...

And of course there's the Sterling! Did they every make an Airsoft replica of that?

Sterling - yes its still available if you look around - lovely little gun

• Supporters
2 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

flat,550x550,075,f.u4.jpg

And of course, if you wrap a green bandana over the stock and a line of electrical tape along the RIS, you can claim it's a 'Nam era M16A1.

<chap-tapping-head.gif>

Bought an AUG because I started collecting Aussie kit. 

Bought my M4 to go with my Aussie navy kit.

Bought a Stoner 63a because it's my favourite nam era gun and it's used with my SEAL team 1 kit. 

I'm a mix of collector and player.

I have weapons that are iconic to me such as M60, L1A1, M16A1, L85A2, AK74, Thompson and MP5

...and a few others to have different experience while playing such as TAR21, STAR XR-5, MP5K and P90.

They do all handle differently in a game.

@MandalShArK - I blame good old Karl and his obsessive attempt to slaughter My McClane for my purchase of an AUG 😂 I don't regret it in the slightest though, I absolutely love my AUG.

My Reasons: 🤔

Games.

Films.

TV series. 
Friends influence (brain washing)! 😂

Like to be different and have different gameplay styles.

I always go as the “Bad Guy” type, surplus gear and weapons! 😎🔫

Still a few more on my list.... hopefully one day which my limit!? 😜

💷GAMBLE💷

Probably because I have absolutely no experience with real weaponry but am I the only person who sees all of these different styles and can only basically see M4 AK or other? 😂

Probably not the right audience to admit that too to be honest! 

differing reasons. my tommy was on sale and i thoughtcool as ww2 weapon not abad starter. m4 is iconic and ergonomic norm. my m92 i loved the look and resident evil(my first was the bio hazard one#)aug was cheap but i dont like it. mp5 i wanted plus good deal. love shottys. sniper was cheap...

i want a g36k for looks. andi want an ak because iconic, woud go well with many loadouts. also want a revolver... but money is tight as a ducks arse so have to sell something to buy... sigh

What I have any what I would like to have are two very different sets of reasons. The guns I own are all about practicality, looks and having a different gun for each role. The guns I want are very different though. Then it's mostly about looks and "coolness" and in the case of the Lee Enfield No.4 and L1A1 I will admit to being a little patriotic lol

On 14/02/2020 at 16:30, MattCoops91 said:

Probably because I have absolutely no experience with real weaponry but am I the only person who sees all of these different styles and can only basically see M4 AK or other? 😂

No your not the only one! It took me a while scrolling through (many) pages of website to spot the differences (mostly barrel length 😉). 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.