Gearbox Front Wires Replacement

Majestyk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Whilst tinkering with my gun (G&G CM16) to install a RIS and setup a PEQ box I have managed to damage the wires to the point where they are cut open. I've been trying to find replacement but I am having a bit of rough time. Could I get some links to some good replacement cables? 

When you say "cut open" do you mean just the rubber/plastic insulation or is the wire itself broken?

If it's just the insulation then, if there are spade connectors further along that you can disconnect (my G&G has them), you can slide some heat shrink over it, apply heat and away you go?

On soldering irons, still got mine from my electronic degree days, plus another three, including a portable butane powered one, very handy when out and about.

By the looks of it you could get away with carefully trimming the insulation (bits that are stuck out) and cover it with a layer or two of heat shrink, otherwise you're looking at cutting/soldering or picking up some 3mm spade connectors and crimping them on to link the instead.

If it's pretty standard and not running 11.1v Lipos then you should be okay.

Archived