British Shooting Show - 14/15/16 Feb 2020

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Anyone been to this before?
What was it like?
I'm quite looking forward to going - they're supposed to have a decent sized airsoft area and apparently Airsoft Surgeon's going to be there. Not sure if he's doing a demo or something..

56 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

Anyone been to this before?
What was it like?
I'm quite looking forward to going - they're supposed to have a decent sized airsoft area and apparently Airsoft Surgeon's going to be there. Not sure if he's doing a demo or something..

I've not been before but know a few people who go every year, Airsoft certainly is getting bigger there (used to be one small stall from what ive been told and that may have been airsoftworld) as I think they see it as a gateway for people to get into RS shooting in whatever respect that is. Some good brands and stockists are there but not to the extent of places like ShotShow obviously. Tactree & Edgar brothers are certainly ones to look out for as well as Vortex obviously.

Went last year and going Friday...  It's a great place to be if your into guns & gear.  Landwarrior Airsoft will be there + Nuprol & Solware.   Tactree aint going this year. :( but my main goal is Vortex and coming away with some new glass.  Looking to buy some other bits & bobs..as well.  Maybe try out some of the airsoft shooting ranges..  Trying some of the Night Vision thermal scopes was cool...wish I had £4k sitting around..lol

3 hours ago, Monkman said:

but my main goal is Vortex and coming away with some new glass.  

Vortex are releasing a new (to the UK) scope at the show - I think it was about $2500 when they debuted it at shot show....
I really want to look at it. And also don't. Lol.

19 hours ago, Monkman said:

Went last year and going Friday...  It's a great place to be if your into guns & gear.  Landwarrior Airsoft will be there + Nuprol & Solware.   Tactree aint going this year. :( but my main goal is Vortex and coming away with some new glass.  Looking to buy some other bits & bobs..as well.  Maybe try out some of the airsoft shooting ranges..  Trying some of the Night Vision thermal scopes was cool...wish I had £4k sitting around..lol

Scott country will be announcing a product range for a new company to replace Flir's offering just btw.

Annoyed with Vortex - shit stand - closed off, with everything in glass cases.
Got to shoot the new Kriss Vector .22LR, which was fun.
Loads of cool stuff to look at, but my favourite was getting hands on with the Chiappa Rhino co2 pistol.
Am very excited about it and will be bagging one as soon as they're available.

@sonofsammo It sounds as though the Chiappa has definitely left an impression on you. I spotted it on one of the YouTube videos from shot show and was fence sitting. What's hooked you to the point of definite purchase?

I was considering trying to do a run to the show on Sunday to see if I could snag a vortex optic for a decent price, were the discounts anything to write home about?

3 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Do you need advance tickets for it or could I just rock up with the Mrs tomorrow? 

Advance tickets not needed, I’m in my way there now

15 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Annoyed with Vortex - shit stand - closed off, with everything in glass cases.
Got to shoot the new Kriss Vector .22LR, which was fun.
Loads of cool stuff to look at, but my favourite was getting hands on with the Chiappa Rhino co2 pistol.
Am very excited about it and will be bagging one as soon as they're available.

What did you have to do to shoot the vector? 

Is there a range that you pay to use or is it a demo? 

21 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

What did you have to do to shoot the vector? 

Is there a range that you pay to use or is it a demo? 

Costs £10 for 20 rounds at their range, which is tucked away in a corner, next to the Phil Campion tactical thingy.
It's well worth it and if I'd had more cash, I would have shot more!

A note - take lots of cash, as the cash machines there charge £2.50 for a withdrawal.
On the day tickets are cash only at £20 each.

1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

@sonofsammo It sounds as though the Chiappa has definitely left an impression on you. I spotted it on one of the YouTube videos from shot show and was fence sitting. What's hooked you to the point of definite purchase?

I was considering trying to do a run to the show on Sunday to see if I could snag a vortex optic for a decent price, were the discounts anything to write home about?

I've always loved the Rhino (or Mateba), but never got my hands on one.
They had the real .357 Rhino there and the Co2 - and tbh, they felt identical. Chiappa hasn't used an airsoft manufacturer - they've made it themselves.
So it's pretty much identical - even down to the working round left indicator.
It has a wonderful heft to it, it's a pleasure to cock. It's just an absolute gem of a pistol. No idea if I'd even skirmish it. I just really, really want one... 😄 

In terms of overall discounts I didn't see anything to write home about. But in terms of cool stuff to drool over, it was everywhere!

Couldn't tell you about any Vortex discounts as they were all in glass cases and the staff were pretty much hiding arms length away from customers.
The booth was shit and nowhere near as good as the one they had at the show in Harrogate last year.

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

Chiappa hasn't used an airsoft manufacturer - they've made it themselves.

That sounds pretty unlikely: I would have thought they were almost certainly made by WinGun like every other CO2 revolver out there. Isn’t it an ASG licensed product?

Did the guy manning the booth confirm Chiappa were making them in-house?

6 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

That sounds pretty unlikely: I would have thought they were almost certainly made by WinGun like every other CO2 revolver out there. Isn’t it an ASG licensed product?

Did the guy manning the booth confirm Chiappa were making them in-house?

I can only go by what he said - and yup, he said that Chiappa were making them...

9 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

I can only go by what he said - and yup, he said that Chiappa were making them...

Is there anything else to shoot besides the vector? Working out how much to take now... 

Just now, Cromulon1994 said:

Is there anything else to shoot besides the vector? Working out how much to take now... 

They've got a Kriss defiance and a couple of others- but I only had eyes for the vector!

The are air gun stations you can pay to play at as well...

Just take all the money. 😄

Just now, sonofsammo said:

They've got a Kriss defiance and a couple of others- but I only had eyes for the vector!

The are air gun stations you can pay to play at as well...

Just take all the money. 😄

Going to be expensive day tomorrow. 

I had a go of the vector this morning and this afternoon they'd got a VZ. 61 skorpion. 

That was actually much more fun to shoot than the vector but the grouping looked like a shotgun blast. 

I put 2 shots down range "properly" and noticed it wasn't particularily accurate but it actually had noticeable recoil which was suprising. So it got mag dumped for giggles. 

Another thing I noticed was there were some fully traded, very high quality XDMs, they're being marketed as Springfield armouries own pistols. 

Really, really high quality. About 160 quid, are about to be released. They were a nice little find. And I don't even like XDMs. 

Didn't see any airsoft stalls this year apart from the shooting ranges which didn't interest me. I did see a Nuprol sign but we somehow forgot to go back to it. Doh.

The big modern rifles were cool though and I walked out with a bottle of some awesome apple whiskey and a 1907 Automatic 5

Archived