Umarex HK45 Compact Tactical

Macv276
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Umarex HK45 CT

FPS: ~300

Hop up: adjustable 

Mag Capacity: 21 Rounds 

Plastic/Metal/Both: Metal Slide, barrel and magazine, polymer frame 

My opinion and overall comments:

I purchased this to replace my (aging) WE P226. I'm not a huge fan of HK designs, but as the real steel version was designed in collaboration with Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn, I had to give it a go. 

The pistol is delivered in a nice, HK branded box, which is a great touch. Inside, I found the gun, one magazine, a spare backstrap and a small 'key' to adjust Hop Up. 

The HK45CT feels nice and sturdy in the hand, with no play in the slide. I found it to be quite light, but I am used to 1911's so that is to be expected. The finish on the slide is nice and neat, with the HK slide markings clean and well presented. 

Disassembly of the HK45CT is identical to the real steel version, and much like any other modern pistol. I found, however, the removal of the recoil spring and guide rod to be quite difficult, as this is linked to the hop-up wheel (see photo below)

I loaded the magazine up and took the gun down range. The mag gasses up like any other GBB pistol, and BBs are dropped in from the top of the magazine. I found the catch on the magazine follower quite small and difficult to pull down while wearing gloves. 

After shooting 2 magazines, I noticed the HK45 was shooting low- almost an inch low at 10 yards. I adjusted the hop up (as per the manual) almost all the way up and found this rectified the issue. I also shot another 2 magazines with the pistol suppressed. Once the hop up was adjusted, the sights were bang on and I was easily hitting the X ring at 10 yards with no issues at all. 

Some thoughts:

Pros:

-HK stamps on the pistol are a nice plus

-16mm extended barrel for suppressors 

-Feels well made with no wobbles or loose parts 

-Safety Catch snaps into place firmly

Cons:

-Low sights were useless once the pistol was supressed

-Disassembly was tricky, especially with the recoil spring and guide rod

-Hop up adjustment needs to be done with the slide forward and the muzzle facing you 

Overall, it's a nice pistol and one to add to the collection if you are a HK fan. Personally, I found the trigger placement to be quite far forward (Like a USP) and the gun felt a little too light in my hand. However, you could do a lot worse than getting one of these, especially if you are a USP fan. Has it replaced my 226? Not today. 

Overall rating:

8/10

IMG_20200213_020940.jpg

IMG_20200213_020855.jpg

IMG_20200213_020837.jpg

IMG_20200213_020917.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived