Moscarts allowed?

Pewpewpetie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, BigStew said:

Any idea what the feeling towards APS Shotguns are was hoping to bring mine to the next Saturday game?

CO2?  Should get chronoed alone with everything else.

The only thing I've heard them say is keep selectable gas shotties to 3 rather than 6 round bursts.

On 12/02/2020 at 11:12, Rogerborg said:

Banned at the (very) CQB Depot, which seems surprising.

But it's a marshalling / monitoring issue on a busy site with a high player turnover, that acknowledges the reality of airsofters' capacity for not listening, or caring, or thinking that rules apply to them.

If they allowed grenade launchers, then even if they said "MOSCARTs only" half a dozen times at the briefing, I guarantee some joker will load up a 40-Mike, or will point blank someone with a TAG round, or put 6 BBs into a shell gassed up to eject 120 and then say "Whaaaaat?  It's a MOSCART!"

They shouldn't, but they will.  Bloody airsofters, ruining airsoft for airsofters. :P

I hear stories of someone getting hit with a moscart once in the side of the head at the depot.  God help me if the site owner every thinks I did anything like that the fear is real.

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i suppose it could make some sense, most moscarts aren't too bad up close but i can see the argument it's easier to ban the lot than worry about wether or not x shell is ok to point blank people with.

They ban dan wesson revolvers because someone was caught using high power shells in one. Same thing on a smaller scale.

50 minutes ago, Musica said:

I hear stories of someone getting hit with a moscart once in the side of the head at the depot.  God help me if the site owner every thinks I did anything like that the fear is real.

They ban dan wesson revolvers because someone was caught using high power shells in one. Same thing on a smaller scale.

understandeble but that me sad as my favourite gun is my 1.3j Dan wesson 

@BigStew kinda want to get one of them... the 6 inch 715 version with hop up.  though with power down shells so its legal... assuming they bring it sub 350.  i i have yet to find a definative answer

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

@BigStew kinda want to get one of them... the 6 inch 715 version with hop up.  though with power down shells so its legal... assuming they bring it sub 350.  i i have yet to find a definative answer

mine is the moon clip version doesn't need power down shells

• Supporters
1 hour ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Utter pearl clutching tbh 

We had someone shot point blank in the back of the head at the start of the month [clarification: with a pistol, not a moscart].  Like, gun to head, pew.

Player error, being a dick, sure.  But the essence of risk management is to accept the reality that humans are dicks / will make errors, and to take practical steps to reduce the opportunities for that to harm anyone.

Anything that gets out of the safe zone can, and eventually will, be held to someone's head.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

I dont care haha, thats pussy shit sorry. Wear eye pro, teeth pro, and if you want, helmet and ear defenders. But this isn't boxing, its not even 5 a side football. Sites have insurance and liabilty to consider and thats none of my biz. Players need to be sensible sure but if you are worried about getting shot in the head by a moscart, even at point blank, stay at home.

and if you think that it's acceptable to unnessecarily inflict pain on your fellow man with such tactics then i'd make the counter proposal that you should be the one to stay at home.

don't get me wrong, i'm not against the idea of headshots, if it's the only thing you've got to shoot at then it's just the way it is, but there's a difference between that and intentionally point blanking someone with a moscart just to be a dick.

Im not a buddhist monk. If i was worried about inflicting unnessecary pain i wouldnt go to a skirmish at all. Intentional headshots is another subject and i cba with that.

Also -moscarts just dont hurt that much. They are basically a rubber knife with a bit of range. Ive never had anyone, ever, get upset with getting shot close up with a moscart - quite the opposite actually - its a good laugh.

18 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Im not a buddhist monk. If i was worried about inflicting unnessecary pain i wouldnt go to a skirmish at all. Intentional headshots is another subject and i cba with that.

Ridiculous sentiment. Airsoft is a game of etiquette. All this "I go to shoot and be shot" crappy attitude emanates from Kicking Mustang and his worshipers.

4 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Ridiculous sentiment. Airsoft is a game of etiquette. All this "I go to shoot and be shot" crappy attitude emanates from Kicking Mustang and his worshipers.

Ettiquette and shooting at each other are not mutually exclusive. I like to think i conduct myself well - others may disagree! But my main point is that  when it comes to pain moscarts really arent a priority issue.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Ettiquette and shooting at each other are not mutually exclusive. I like to think i conduct myself well - others may disagree! But my main point is that  when it comes to pain moscarts really arent a priority issue.

the problem is all we have to go on is your written words, which in this matter aren't matching up.

going off 'borgs example of 40mm to the back of the head point blank that's a dick move and should be in anyone's book.

I actually agree that people shouldn't complain about being shot in the mouth if they don't wear adequate protection. However as players we have a duty to use our toys somewhat responsibly and take reasonable steps to help minimize "unnecessary" pain and injuries. Otherwise we'd just be a bunch of raging idiots full-autoing (at 60rps) eachother from two metres away.

15 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the problem is all we have to go on is your written words, which in this matter aren't matching up.

going off 'borgs example of 40mm to the back of the head point blank that's a dick move and should be in anyone's book.

Cant argue with that. It is a dickmove yea but i dont consider it a health and safety issue myself. Some sites might and thats absolutely fair enough.

I actually agree that people shouldn't complain about being shot in the mouth if they don't wear adequate protection. However as players we have a duty to use our toys somewhat responsibly and take reasonable steps to help minimize "unnecessary" pain and injuries. Otherwise we'd just be a bunch of raging idiots full-autoing (at 60rps) eachother from two metres away.

I agree completely. Ive said my bit so i will bow out (but not gracefully!)

• Supporters
57 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Shot in the head at point blank range with a moscart?

Ah, sorry, I was unclear.  With a pistol, I believe, but it's why they're careful about what they let out there.  Oh, no silencers on Mk23s there now either, after someone chronoed with a bare Mk23, then put a barrel lengthener on it and pushed it up to 400fps.

I have no problem with being shot with a moscart.  However, if they let grenade launchers out there, someone will manage to put a 40-mike, TAG round, or under-loaded / over-gassed shell in them.

Again, this is a very busy, very-CQB site with loads of cover where engagement ranges are typically a few metres now.  Just chucking it out there to emphasise that you should check with your local site before spunking money on anything interesting.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Well I have been present when George took out a couple of people pretty much 2m away with a moscart and neither of them had an issue with it...

discounting any co2/underloaded shell/40-mike shenanigans i wouldn't call 2m point blank, hell if mine are anything to go by that's nearly maximum range on a cold day....

well said, there's a line to be struck between accepting the inevitability of these things happening, and actively trying to make it happen. i can and do aim for headshots, but only when i don't have anything else to shoot at, if i have a choice it's always centre of mass.

Just now, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Cant argue with that. It is a dickmove yea but i dont consider it a health and safety issue myself. Some sites might and thats absolutely fair enough.

I agree completely. Ive said my bit so i will bow out (but not gracefully!)

going by hitman's post i guess we could put this down to an differing definition of point blank.

Well yeah, I suppose point blank as in a couple of cm away.  Like you're about to fire past cover and someone sticks their head in the way on the other side of the cover.  I'd like to think we all had enough situational awareness for that not to happen but I guess it does.  Very rare I'd think.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

discounting any co2/underloaded shell/40-mike shenanigans i wouldn't call 2m point blank, hell if mine are anything to go by that's nearly maximum range on a cold day....

I was in the room with him and it was definitely point blank haha

To the chests, though, not the face

Archived