Moscarts allowed?

Pewpewpetie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, recently bought a specna arms sa g01 with m203 launcher. I currently doing a lone survivor replica and was going to use a master Mike 40mm until I found out my local site (dogtag, Holmbush) doesn't allow them. They didn't give me a list of any that are and I was wondering if anyone knew? I. E a standard nuprol 72rnd 40mm shell OK? 

36 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

The AI "mike" range is controversial, the master mike arguably less so but tbh its a topic i have no interest in discussing ever again!

I can't imagine any site banning a standard shower shell moscart, I say go for it. 

I've emailed them again. Hopefully I can. Id rather be able to use the m203( granted Ill probly use it once in a blue moon) but I want to be able to use it if I can

• Supporters

I was under the impression the whole point of the master mike was to be usable for places that dont allow the "terrifying" 40-mike.

Ime shower shells are pretty underwhelming, might as well grab a cupfull of bb's and throw them yourself. Even the "terrifying" 40-mike is pretty useless, even when it actually works the range is as pathetic as 250fps with no hop would suggest and you'd be as well just shooting them with whatever gun its bolted onto.

If you ever have a query about whether or not a site allows x then the best thing is to query it directly with the site so they can make a ruling. I can't see a standard shower shell being on the banned equipment list but you never know.

Regarding the Master Mike, I guess it falls victim to the controversy raised by its predecessor's piss poor marketing and numerous videos displaying its misuse. As with any piece of hardware being brought to the field you have to consider the worst case scenario and weigh up the associated risk factors.

Just out of curiosity did you make the site fully aware that it was the Master Mike and not the 40 Mike you were querying the use of? Only reason I ask is due to the Master Mike receiving far less press and being far lower profile which will largely be the result of the lack of controversy and lack of user abuse videos circulating.

I don't know how true it is but I have heard that the best option on the shower shell/moscart front is to look at the lower capacity Madbull (24 round if memory serves).I had read/heard that they offer comparatively better range than a standard shower shell but in reality the question is how much of an improvement is there in the capability. Finally I know Madbull have a CO2 moscart shell one the market but again I have no idea as to performance etc.

Apologies this isn't more helpful. I admittedly have a launcher and some moscarts (think they're 72 round Nuprols) but I can't recall what the range is like as it's been so long since I bothered with them. As an additional note moscart shells can be very temperamental and they require heavy maintenance.

8 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I was under the impression the whole point of the master mike was to be usable for places that dont allow the "terrifying" 40-mike.

Ime shower shells are pretty underwhelming, might as well grab a cupfull of bb's and throw them yourself. Even the "terrifying" 40-mike is pretty useless, even when it actually works the range is as pathetic as 250fps with no hop would suggest and you'd be as well just shooting them with whatever gun its bolted onto.

Yeah I did. That's the reason I got it as everyone said the 40 Mike's were banned so I went with the master Mike. I completely understand that all moscarts are pretty useless but, it's just for the fun really. 

1 hour ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

If you ever have a query about whether or not a site allows x then the best thing is to query it directly with the site so they can make a ruling. I can't see a standard shower shell being on the banned equipment list but you never know.

Regarding the Master Mike, I guess it falls victim to the controversy raised by its predecessor's piss poor marketing and numerous videos displaying its misuse. As with any piece of hardware being brought to the field you have to consider the worst case scenario and weigh up the associated risk factors.

Just out of curiosity did you make the site fully aware that it was the Master Mike and not the 40 Mike you were querying the use of? Only reason I ask is due to the Master Mike receiving far less press and being far lower profile which will largely be the result of the lack of controversy and lack of user abuse videos circulating.

I don't know how true it is but I have heard that the best option on the shower shell/moscart front is to look at the lower capacity Madbull (24 round if memory serves).I had read/heard that they offer comparatively better range than a standard shower shell but in reality the question is how much of an improvement is there in the capability. Finally I know Madbull have a CO2 moscart shell one the market but again I have no idea as to performance etc.

Apologies this isn't more helpful. I admittedly have a launcher and some moscarts (think they're 72 round Nuprols) but I can't recall what the range is like as it's been so long since I bothered with them. As an additional note moscart shells can be very temperamental and they require heavy maintenance.

I did ask them, waiting for new reply. I asked if the master Mike is banned as the 40 Mike has alot of bad press and they said and I quote 'Hi, sorry we don't but we do allow TAG rounds'. Just wanted to use one as a bit of fun. I realised I'll only use it once in a blue moon, just really like the look and don't want to carry it around if it's just decorative. 

Licking Mustard had a lot to do with these being banned didn't he? Blindly  spraying one in someones face. 

Great bit of advertising for the shell 😕

9 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Licking Mustard had a lot to do with these being banned didn't he? Blindly  spraying one in someones face. 

Nobritsch was the big impact I saw as the cretin fired it in a safe zone and in addition to that he was using it at point blank (well within 6 feet if memory serves) a hell of a lot.

To be honest I think the Master Mike is a far better design and more effective due to the increased spread. The original was far too precise.

9 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

He also used one at Operation Grey slate 3 at Darkwater a couple of years back, after the site owner stated they are not to be used. when I heard it they certainly don't sound that scary... like a wet fart.

i've Been playing with 203's and m79's for the best part of 13 years. I still enjoy the reaction people have after getting hit by the standard shower grenade.

10 hours ago, Pewpewpetie said:

Hi all, recently bought a specna arms sa g01 with m203 launcher. I currently doing a lone survivor replica and was going to use a master Mike 40mm until I found out my local site (dogtag, Holmbush) doesn't allow them. They didn't give me a list of any that are and I was wondering if anyone knew? I. E a standard nuprol 72rnd 40mm shell OK? 

standard “shower” shells are fine at dogtag, as are tag rounds 

To the OP I have a wrist mounted one somewhere I homemade. An archery wrist guard and some pvc plumbing fittings. Never had a complaint in cqb with standard green gas moscarts, they don't hurt they just make people jump with the pop and the cloud of bbs but I'd take a moscart point blank before a 1 joule pistol or marui 6 shot shotgun.

36 minutes ago, E21A said:

standard “shower” shells are fine at dogtag, as are tag rounds 

Finally got an email back and this is what they said which isn't very helpful ' 

Most people who used to use m203 or grenade launchers have swapped to using Tag round shells as they are more effective than the older shower grenades. We cannot give you a list of what is allowed or not we simply allow the head marshals on the day to decide but recommend the tag rounds as they actually mimic the original weapon.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Pewpewpetie said:

Yeah I did. That's the reason I got it as everyone said the 40 Mike's were banned so I went with the master Mike. I completely understand that all moscarts are pretty useless but, it's just for the fun really. 

I did ask them, waiting for new reply. I asked if the master Mike is banned as the 40 Mike has alot of bad press and they said and I quote 'Hi, sorry we don't but we do allow TAG rounds'. Just wanted to use one as a bit of fun. I realised I'll only use it once in a blue moon, just really like the look and don't want to carry it around if it's just decorative. 

kinda weird really, having seen the impact tags in action i'd much rather get hit with a 40-mike than one of those things.

46 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

there was a lot of clickbait videos of people doing stupid shit with them, i'm sure getting point blanked to the face probably hurts like hell but doubtless no worse than the same treatment from an aeg. if you use them outdoors in their intended role (ie a shower shell with a range of more than 3 feet) then they're nowhere near that bad, and i'm saying that having been on the sending and recieving ends of them.

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

kinda weird really, having seen the impact tags in action i'd much rather get hit with a 40-mike than one of those things.

there was a lot of clickbait videos of people doing stupid shit with them, i'm sure getting point blanked to the face probably hurts like hell but doubtless no worse than the same treatment from an aeg. if you use them outdoors in their intended role (ie a shower shell with a range of more than 3 feet) then they're nowhere near that bad, and i'm saying that having been on the sending and recieving ends of them.

Got a reply from them and basically said they can't say what is and what isn't allowed. All down to head marshal on the day

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Pewpewpetie said:

Got a reply from them and basically said they can't say what is and what isn't allowed. All down to head marshal on the day

wonderfully vauge of them, especially given how much some of these shells cost.

only option is to get some regular moscarts (because you know those will be acceptable) and simply speak to the head marshall and see what he reckons.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

wonderfully vauge of them, especially given how much some of these shells cost.

only option is to get some regular moscarts (because you know those will be acceptable) and simply speak to the head marshall and see what he reckons.

Sounds like a good plan. I'll pick up some cheap nuprol ones just incase

43 minutes ago, Pewpewpetie said:

Finally got an email back and this is what they said which isn't very helpful ' 

Most people who used to use m203 or grenade launchers have swapped to using Tag round shells as they are more effective than the older shower grenades. We cannot give you a list of what is allowed or not we simply allow the head marshals on the day to decide but recommend the tag rounds as they actually mimic the original weapon.

Trust me, shower shells are allowed, they’re just not used much as they allow tags, which people prefer. I’ve been playing there regularly for over 2 years so have got to know the staff etc 

48 minutes ago, E21A said:

Trust me, shower shells are allowed, they’re just not used much as they allow tags, which people prefer. I’ve been playing there regularly for over 2 years so have got to know the staff etc 

But the master Mike is a shower shell? 

3 minutes ago, Pewpewpetie said:

But the master Mike is a shower shell? 

Yea, not like the traditional ones though. The shells you mention in your first post will be ok 

• Supporters
13 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

I can't imagine any site banning a standard shower shell moscart

Banned at the (very) CQB Depot, which seems surprising.

But it's a marshalling / monitoring issue on a busy site with a high player turnover, that acknowledges the reality of airsofters' capacity for not listening, or caring, or thinking that rules apply to them.

If they allowed grenade launchers, then even if they said "MOSCARTs only" half a dozen times at the briefing, I guarantee some joker will load up a 40-Mike, or will point blank someone with a TAG round, or put 6 BBs into a shell gassed up to eject 120 and then say "Whaaaaat?  It's a MOSCART!"

They shouldn't, but they will.  Bloody airsofters, ruining airsoft for airsofters. :P

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

But it's a marshalling / monitoring issue on a busy site with a high player turnover, that acknowledges the reality of airsofters' capacity for not listening, or caring, or thinking that rules apply to them.

If they allowed grenade launchers, then even if they said "MOSCARTs only" half a dozen times at the briefing, I guarantee some joker will load up a 40-Mike, or will point blank someone with a TAG round, or put 6 BBs into a shell gassed up to eject 120 and then say "Whaaaaat?  It's a MOSCART!"

They shouldn't, but they will.  Bloody airsofters, ruining airsoft for airsofters. :P

I've ordered some 96rnd nuprol shells for now. Probly won't even use them but just in the off chance

12 hours ago, Pewpewpetie said:

I've ordered some 96rnd nuprol shells for now. Probly won't even use them but just in the off chance

They are worth having, useful as an ambush weapon, a break contact weapon or general "have some of this son" weapon.

Slightly off topic I guess but does anyone have an effective solution for carrying an independent launcher?

• Supporters
21 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

i suppose it could make some sense, most moscarts aren't too bad up close but i can see the argument it's easier to ban the lot than worry about wether or not x shell is ok to point blank people with.

On 12/02/2020 at 11:12, Rogerborg said:

Any idea what the feeling towards APS Shotguns are was hoping to bring mine to the next Saturday game?

Archived