Student suspended for social media post

PopRocket123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

When I first saw this my knee jerk response was "crap another fear mongering story" but actually the story itself has actual information about Airsoft guns including the correct name of the gun and technical info that explains that it's a toy! The school is definitely being stupid though, especially when the kid did nothing wrong and he can't control what people comment on a picture

https://www.maltatoday.com.mt/news/national/100274/instagram_gun_pose_earns_seminary_student_suspension#.XkKuVrenyJ0

I think it was his own reply that caused the issue, as I read it he agreed with the sentiment of shooting certain teachers

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Nick G said:

I think it was his own reply that caused the issue, as I read it he agreed with the sentiment of shooting certain teachers

that is how i read it as well, so no excuse from him really

'where a fellow student appeared to be encouraging the boy to bring the airsoft gun to school.

“Now bring it to school and let’s smash the place up,” they wrote, which was met with a reply from the boy who posted the photo, singling out two specific teachers. “Two AR-15s and we f*** up [teachers' names],” in a reference to two teachers whom they should shoot. Another student commented “headshot”.'

he is just an idiot....:rolleyes:

(the boy,....)

A long time ago I reached the point of no longer being the least bit surprised at just how stupid the human race can be.

6 hours ago, djben9 said:

that is how i read it as well, so no excuse from him really

'where a fellow student appeared to be encouraging the boy to bring the airsoft gun to school.

“Now bring it to school and let’s smash the place up,” they wrote, which was met with a reply from the boy who posted the photo, singling out two specific teachers. “Two AR-15s and we f*** up [teachers' names],” in a reference to two teachers whom they should shoot. Another student commented “headshot”.'

he is just an idiot....:rolleyes:

(the boy,....)

Whoops missed that bit. In that case yeah fuck'em

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Philby21 said:

A long time ago I reached the point of no longer being the least bit surprised at just how stupid the human race can be.

If the creator had left a button in a cave somewhere, painted it bright red with the warning "do not press this, it will destroy the universe" you can guarantee the paint wouldnt have dried before someone pressed it to see what would happen.

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

If the creator had left a button in a cave somewhere, painted it bright red with the warning "do not press this, it will destroy the universe" you can guarantee the paint wouldnt have dried before someone pressed it to see what would happen.

OJhA80Z.gif

Yeah, the kid's a prat, and that is a shockingly informative and balanced article.  Don't they know how to journalist properly?

3 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

OJhA80Z.gif

Yeah, the kid's a prat, and that is a shockingly informative and balanced article.  Don't they know how to journalist properly?

I disagree because sure they know it's an ARP 9 but this quote is ridiculous considering they already know it's not a real gun. 

Instagram photo in which he appears to be holding a sub-machinegun, or airsoft replica

36 minutes ago, Musica said:

I disagree because sure they know it's an ARP 9 but this quote is ridiculous considering they already know it's not a real gun. 

The quote is not ridiculous.  In the picture he does appear to be holding a gun or a replica.  The article also gives a balanced & to the layman, an educational view of airsoft.

He was suspended for the idiotic comments that he and his friends made with regard to teachers in the school.

He produced his own evidence against him by posting it on the internet 

2 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

The quote is not ridiculous.  In the picture he does appear to be holding a gun or a replica.  The article also gives a balanced & to the layman, an educational view of airsoft.

The article knows it's a ARP-9 they could of said "it looks just like a SMG" but they act like it could be a SMG in the picture when they know it's not. To the uneducated it's like they are saying they THINK it MIGHT be a ARP9  but it might not at least from that line. It's the only bit that really bothered me in the article.  

They gave us a fair shake compared to most places at least. 

1 hour ago, Musica said:

The article knows it's a ARP-9 they could of said "it looks just like a SMG" but they act like it could be a SMG in the picture when they know it's not. To the uneducated it's like they are saying they THINK it MIGHT be a ARP9  but it might not at least from that line. It's the only bit that really bothered me in the article.  

They gave us a fair shake compared to most places at least. 

At least they know what an SMG actually is which is better than most lawmakers

1 hour ago, CombatVVombat said:

What are you all walking about with this 'ARP-9' and 'SMG' rubbish. It's obviously an GLOCK AK-47 assault rifle, specifically the AR-15 variant.  

how silly of you. its clearly a SA85 assault fully semi automatic military grade issue rooty tooty point and shooty.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, CombatVVombat said:

What are you all walking about with this 'ARP-9' and 'SMG' rubbish. It's obviously an GLOCK AK-47 assault rifle, specifically the AR-15 variant.  

Is that the fully semi automatic one?

On 11/02/2020 at 23:14, Adolf Hamster said:

Nice terry pratchett quote

12 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Correct, i'm surprised someone got the reference gg.

Damn I missed that one ! HUGE discworld fan 😁

Archived