TM MP7A1 - maintenance and tinkering

Uncle Pauly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

IMG_0458.JPG

Here's my MP7, I've used it for a couple of games and am loving it so far. Couple of external attachments but have yet to tinker with the internals. I do worry about common issues such as nozzles and backplates cracking but have had no issue yet, so am wondering if I should get spares handy or are there worthwhile upgrades/fixes?

Anyways, I carried out a few tests on the chrono and here are my results.
I was surprised to see a gain of around 25fps when increasing the hop-up from off to fully on. I expected it to decrease due to the friction but I imagine it actually creates a better airseal therefore more FPS? I confirmed this with my MWS too.
Also to note ASG Ultrair gave around 15fps lower compared with Nuprol 2.0 so that is handy to know if you chrono above 350 on a hot day this summer.

mp7.jpg

I will be carrying out some range testing this weekend with a range of BB weights from .2g to .4g so will report back on that!

Edited by Dalno
formatting

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

👋 Does anyone have any tips on what hop unit/rubber/etc to put in a stock MP7? Cheers!

• 1 month later...

You don't like the quality or the look or the glass or what?  You want a different style?  If you're happy to stick with the T1 style, the Vector Optics Mavericks are decent.  Or go with the smaller Vector Optics Frenzy line.

Personally, I like anything that has a dot and ballistic circle.

Favourite is the Sig Sauer Romeo 5XD or Romeo 4T, both superb with the same unlimited warranty as Vortex

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone share their opinion on the Angry Gun suppressor? Not interested in the version with the tracer installed and I'm impressed with the AG SOCOM I have on my MWS.

• 1 year later...

new to the gbb guns just got a brand new mp7 any one got good guides to any maintenance i should be carrying out like lubricating certain parts before use  

On 20/02/2020 at 23:15, pod2k2 said:

Only issue is if i cock it with a mag in it doesn't fire, cock it again and it inevitably loads a second bb. If i cock it then enter the mag it works fine. I assume that is the correct way or is there something wrong with it?

Exactly the same thing here. Otherwise superb. 

On 14/06/2021 at 22:25, Dalno said:

IMG_0458.JPG

Here's my MP7, I've used it for a couple of games and am loving it so far. Couple of external attachments but have yet to tinker with the internals. I do worry about common issues such as nozzles and backplates cracking but have had no issue yet, so am wondering if I should get spares handy or are there worthwhile upgrades/fixes?

Anyways, I carried out a few tests on the chrono and here are my results.
I was surprised to see a gain of around 25fps when increasing the hop-up from off to fully on. I expected it to decrease due to the friction but I imagine it actually creates a better airseal therefore more FPS? I confirmed this with my MWS too.
Also to note ASG Ultrair gave around 15fps lower compared with Nuprol 2.0 so that is handy to know if you chrono above 350 on a hot day this summer.

mp7.jpg

I will be carrying out some range testing this weekend with a range of BB weights from .2g to .4g so will report back on that!

Thanks for this, been trying to figure out a good green gas to use 0.3s on, ill use Ultra Air from now on :)

• 1 month later...
On 28/08/2023 at 01:34, Mclovin said:

new to the gbb guns just got a brand new mp7 any one got good guides to any maintenance i should be carrying out like lubricating certain parts before use  

Nothing you should need to lubricate before use, however if the nozzle is sticky you might want to lube that a tiny bit before you play so you don't get squishy trigger (like I did).

So is the general consensus that ASG Ultra Air Power is less powerful than Nuprol 2.0? Even though some people (and shops) claim that Ultra air is a higher pressure green gas.

Been looking through the thread and no luck. 

received my 2nd TM mp7 last week, was faulty and new was trigger issue.

opened it up and found out there was NO trigger bar spring, TM-MGG-81.

Anyone know if there are compatible springs to fit or will I need to modify a AEG trigger spring?

or has anyone HPA’d their and still have the spring going spare??

Edited by Diablo675!

A few lessons learnt from tinkering with my TM MP7:

• If you want to use propane and its shooting too hot, you can buy a pack of these as replacement rocket valve springs to cut them down to size to get the fps you are looking for: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076M27VH2 much cheaper and easier to source than buying individual originals from TM.
  • Changing from stock to a Laylax purple hop rubber and 6.03 barrel somehow lowered my fps when the hop was set for .25s. I assume this is because the hop rubber is softer.
  • With a T2 + unity high mount clone you can get a decent cheek-weld and sight picture even with a full mask like a empire EVS.
  • I found overfilling the mags with bbs causes the the mag to put pressure on the nozzle and not feed the first round - this could just be a tolerance with my gun though.
  • Changing the barrel sucked, I kept knocking the trigger bar out and I wish to never do it again.

I was going to put a silicon ML hop rubber in my MP7 but after seeing so many bad reports I left it out and went with the Laylax purple one instead.

Also red dot recommendations: Vortex Crossfire is good and you can get custom protectors for it on ebay from red_dot_engineering

Edited by Airsoftt
recommendations

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2023 at 00:43, Diablo675! said:

Been looking through the thread and no luck. 

received my 2nd TM mp7 last week, was faulty and new was trigger issue.

opened it up and found out there was NO trigger bar spring, TM-MGG-81.

Anyone know if there are compatible springs to fit or will I need to modify a AEG trigger spring?

or has anyone HPA’d their and still have the spring going spare??

@Diablo675! Found a spring for you man: https://www.replicantairsoft.com/webshop/en/inicios/2065-mp7a1-fire-selector-bar-spring-mgg1-81-tokyo-marui.html

In other news I ordered a Revanchist Gold Power Nozzle Valve for a VFC MP5 and because rumour has it they fit and could be interesting for running propane in summer (could be a terrible idea).

And my FPS woes are now solved. I'd done the screw too tight on the hop up when doing a barrel change, leading to a 40fps jump! Am now comfortably able to use propane in winter.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.