Airsoft Eire

Uncle Pauly
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A quick shout out to the guys at Airsoft Eire ☘️

https://www.airsofteire.com

Seemingly little known in the UK... and perhaps not helped by their website looking like a relic from the early 1990s!... but a ruddy good retailer nonetheless.

I bought a RIF from them recently and happy to report excellent comms and super-quick delivery via DPD to England (ordered on Friday; arrived very well-packaged on Monday morning and no delay whatsoever through Customs).

I'll certainly be buying from them again. Well recommended 👍

PS: I found a previous, fossilised thread about them here too.

Ditto...bought a few things from them I could't get in the UK, fast delivery as well.  Always check their website every few weeks. (Like all the others mind you.) ;)

3 hours ago, Uncle Pauly said:

Seemingly little known in the UK... and perhaps not helped by their website looking like a relic from the early 1990s!... but a ruddy good retailer nonetheless.

I know them from a really long Marui unboxing video they put on youtube a while back. Never actually bought anything from them though, so good to hear they're decent.

Why would there be any delay via Customs, despite leaving the EU the arangements wont change for the foreseeable.

1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Why would there be any delay via Customs, despite leaving the EU the arangements wont change for the foreseeable.

Plenty of people have had stuff delayed by Customs/Border Farce from EU retailers in the past, plenty of threads on here about it.

Not bought from them (yet!) but I like their website layout, nice and simple.  My only complaint would be the pictures could be a bit bigger but that's either my fault for viewing it on a high res display that shrinks everything or my age!! 😂

But thats the very point with EU membership - all standards should be the same so there should be no Customs involvement at all.  Either way it will all be moot soon after Boris and his chums have finished f*cking the country for a cheap vote.  Glad I have an Irish passport........

21 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Ah, I didn’t intend it as a Brexit reference. Just that the parcel had to pass through Customs, which can involve delays due to checks on any goods, but instead arrived almost ‘next day’ (if you discount the weekend in between).

So just a comment on Airsoft Eire / DPD Ireland offering a good delivery service 👍

*slowly closes lid on can of worms...*

2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

But thats the very point with EU membership - all standards should be the same so there should be no Customs involvement at all.  Either way it will all be moot soon after Boris and his chums have finished f*cking the country for a cheap vote.  Glad I have an Irish passport........

No customs charges, but Border Force, HMRC etc are responsible for more than enforcing the charging of VAT and import duty.

EU freedom of trade allows for the passage of goods
But there is also the responsibility to ensure that the local EU equivalent to VAT has been processed, in so much as it has not been treated as export from the EU.

Other things are to ensure the package contents are valid.  
That it is an airsoft gun and not a real gun.  That the airsoft gun has not been internally stripped and filled with cocaine.

Also that the VCRA is complied with - you can have the package held up to justify your legal position on importing a RIF.

Customs clearance covers many things, and can fly through, await inspection, or just get tied up in the line

Archived