Ever wonder what an R28 M1911 looks like in bits?

Ashy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Wonder no more! Stripped it down as far as I needed to to be able to spray it properly (So basically, about 95% broken down 🙈). Will I ever get it sprayed and put back together? Place your bets! 😂

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Ashy said:

Wonder no more! Stripped it down as far as I needed to to be able to spray it properly (So basically, about 95% broken down 🙈). Will I ever get it sprayed and put back together? Place your bets! 😂

spacer.png

If you're anything like me you'll get it primed then put it in a box for the next 2 years telling yourself you really need to get it finished

1 minute ago, PopRocket123 said:

If you're anything like me you'll get it primed then put it in a box for the next 2 years telling yourself you really need to get it finished

This is where the sensible money would go, if you were betting on it. I've not even decided on a paintjob yet. Thought breaking it down might spark some inspiration.

3 minutes ago, Macv276 said:

If you need any help, shout. 1911s are fairly straightforward to assemble but there are a couple of things you can get hung up on

Shall do! Already lost a spring by not paying enough attention.

Luckily I have, like any sensible person should, many boxes of nuts/bolts/screws/washers/springs etc, accumulated over the years for exactly this purpose 😂

No, never. And I'd be thankful if you never showed me it again. I would like to see what a tortoise looks like though please.

56 minutes ago, heroshark said:

No, never. And I'd be thankful if you never showed me it again. I would like to see what a tortoise looks like though please.

In bits??? 

2 hours ago, heroshark said:

I'm afraid I don't have one to hand to disassemble, will this do?

2032f569093c99f157cbfd9cec7d9a5d[1].jpg

1 minute ago, heroshark said:

Well that was one way to de-rail a thread. My work is done here. 

Well I haven't decided what colours to paint it in yet, so maybe I'll go with 'rotting tortoise'!

Archived