Tilting barrels and fixed barrels

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have just been watching La Zouche Custom Airsoft on metal outer barrels. He doesn't like them because of problems with fitment, when the barrel is not made by the same manufacturer as the metal slide.

Some outer barrels for Hi Capas have non tilting barrels (so does the stock Gold Match stock one) but they still have the lugs on them. I wondered why.

I have one of the Mike Cripps aluminium outer barrels under a Gunsmith Bros slide on my hi capa. It works fine and there are no signs of wear around the lugs on the slide or the barrel.

So, I suppose I am asking: are the problems associated with the fitting of after market metal barrels mainly confined to tilting barrels? 

• Supporters

the issue with adding weight to a tilting barrel setup is the same for airsoft as RS guns, the added weight being moved around puts extra strain on the action, especially if you're hanging a suppressor off the end of it.

if it's a non tilting barrel there's no issue.

Archived