Milsim camo.

Tracer783
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I’m new to Airsoft and I’m currently starting to purchase kit while I complete games to earn my UKARA.

My question is: What type of camo should I consider prioritising to collect in order to fulfill requirements to partake in a given Milsim(s).

For example, do I consider “MTP” as this maybe most popular and will offer more Sims using this variant and take Jeans + Hoodies for enemy variant, then consider other camo types later as desired?

Note: I’m seeing MTP, CP, MC and mixed camo in a lot of YouTube videos of Milsims and I’ve been informed that there can be, or are, rules to which types of camos are required to qualify partaking in Milsim games/stories hence my question.

You need to check with your local sites that you plan to play at.

Milsim in it's own right is restrictive and really lends itself to organised team play. Knowing the other members is key to looking right. To start in milsim isn't impossible but it is hard, and expensive. I would personally have a look for "Themed games" instead. Where it's regular airsoft, but with more involvement in getting a NATO team V/s everything else.

Themed games are often billed as Cold war, Iraq war, WW2, Vietnam ect ect. 

Milsim can do strange things with camo and teams depending on how they have set up for the local players. 

It's also generally harder to find a place on a team with NATO camouflages. As pretty much every player owns a set of MTP, DPM, Flecktarn, Or a USA pattern.

It's only in talking to the sites that you will find out what they want from the none NATO teams. It might be a free for all, Security/police, Solid colours, or any none NATO camo.

It's also not just the Camo that is important. The higher level milsims with expect the correct gun variants, webbing, and in some cases accessories. A themed game is far more relaxed and using the wrong gun isn't going to cause problems. 

A good all-round non-NATO starter pack would be something in the order of an AK variant (look at LCT), with a Chi com AK chest rig (£15), shirt, trousers and parka in olive or sand (£50).

Going the AK route also opens the path towards building a Russian SMERSH kit. The Gun and Chest rig will look right and it makes the upgrade path clothing, Helmet and then a full webbing set. And if games require plain colours it works the other way as well so you can still use the helmet and webbing but with plain shirt and trousers, All with the same AK. A wire stock AK works for all time periods after 1950.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lct-tkms-nv-aeg-airsoft-gun

spacer.png

That loadout picture posted above is actually Ukraine SBU alpha based on Russian Spetsnaz but not Russian, I personly would not turn up to a Russian side milsim in that, as the Russian bootlace brigade will throw a fit.

Personal Russian Green bean (current issue gear) kit is good for a dedicate Russian milsim loadout as it is accurate, abundant and can be had relatively cheap if you shop around.

• Supporters
10 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

I personly would not turn up to a Russian side milsim in that, as the Russian bootlace brigade will throw a fit.

see i would, for exactly that reason :P

27 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

see i would, for exactly that reason :P

Very brave the bootlace brigade are very vicious when it comes not wearing the correct dress-up outfit.

Thanks to “Icani” Adolf Hamster” and “Sniper780” for all your advice.

I will take a look at local Milsims and research the camo, kit, weapon systems they require as well as the rules and requirements before booking a Milsim experience, to ensure I have a great time experiencing it.

Thanks again! 😊👍🏻

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, Sniper780 said:

Very brave the bootlace brigade are very vicious when it comes not wearing the correct dress-up outfit.

stitch counters gonna stitch count that's for sure.

don't get me wrong i'm not against the general idea of themed loadouts, but there's definately such a thing as going too far.

Archived