Decided to upgrade my gspec tm.

Cuddles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All 

I hope you are having or had great game today before the storm hits. 

so I finally got the money to upgrade my gspec. Chose to upgrade rather than buy the ssg10. 

so below is a list of what I bought you thoughts and advice will be very appreciated. (Still need a spring)

- stalker Morpheus barrel 430mm (inner)

-custom springer budget 90 degree trigger

-custom springer piston and spring guide 90 degree.

-army action twisted cylinder 

-stalker panthera hop arm and panthera concave nub. 

wanted the gun smith hop arm but out of stock. 

please pass on thoughts and advice as I am not that tech minded so if there extras or things I need to exchange / return please let me know. 

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

Cheers absolutely a newbie on tech. What is a TDC mod? 

Top dead center mod. Applies pressure to the hop from, well, the top dead center.

https://www.airsoftsniperforum.com/32-general-sniper-talk/4634-top-dead-center-mod-tdc-guide.html

If you are absolutely newbie on tech, then don't expect it to work properly after putting all the suff into the gun. Getting them work optimal can be a lot of work.

To use a 430mm barrel you'll have to drill the end cap of the rifle. It will sit nicely inside the silencer but you probably want to stabilise it some how. Silverback do a nice one for not a lot of money.

Barrel spacers in general are an absolute must whether home made or bought.

I'd personally rather go for a known quality barrel rather than the latest fad barrel. Something old guard like a PDI or EdGi. With 6.03 the biggest.

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

To use a 430mm barrel you'll have to drill the end cap of the rifle. It will sit nicely inside the silencer but you probably want to stabilise it some how. Silverback do a nice one for not a lot of money.

Barrel spacers in general are an absolute must whether home made or bought.

I'd personally rather go for a known quality barrel rather than the latest fad barrel. Something old guard like a PDI or EdGi. With 6.03 the biggest.

Hi steveocee 

thank you and that makes perfect sense. looking for the spacers now. 

what is the silverback one you mention I’m having trouble finding it.  

52 minutes ago, Cuddles said:

Hi steveocee 

thank you and that makes perfect sense. looking for the spacers now. 

what is the silverback one you mention I’m having trouble finding it.  

No worries dude. I've built a few VSR's up now most from G-Spec starting points.

This is the suppressor spacer I use;

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/silverback-marui-vsr-10-barrel-spacer-for-g-spec-silencer-only

Archived