Longevity of BB's

AlphaBear
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Chaps

After a 6-7 yr absence from airsoft, I still have a shed load of gear stashed away. So new lipo's have been ordered, new silicon oil, green gas and a few other bit's and pieces.  

Now my question refers mostly to the shed load of BB's which I have. I have a box of Excel 0.2g (3700 bb's per bag 6 bags) and 0.25 match grade Madbull bb's (5 bags). They have been kept in storage, in a dark, damp free place (lol) for the last few years. I looked at the Excels last weekend and test fired a few mags they seemed fine. So the question I'm asking is, even though they are 7 years old I assume they should still be ok to use? They don't seem to have degraded from what I can see and still look nice shiny except the Madbull ones which look a tad off-white!

Any school on thought on the longevity of storing BB's?

• Head Moderator

Personally, I would inspect each BB, wash and dry them and then re-bag the good ones ;)

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Personally, I would inspect each BB, wash and dry them and then re-bag the good ones ;)

Agreed, you need to remember to measure them for diameter and sphericity

They definitely ain't bio that's for sure.... pure 100% Japanese bbs. Back in the day they were some of the better brand of BB's you could buy from what I can recall ... so what's considered a decent brand nowadays? 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

Poe's law is an adage of Internet culture stating that, without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers for a sincere expression of the views being parodied.

22 hours ago, Jedi_Master said:

and a quick wipe with a cloth soaked in virgins tears. 

It’s said to make them shoot straighter 

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

a quick wipe with a cloth soaked in virgins tears

Finally, a use for Milsim Operators who've been informed that their PTW is still just a toy gun.

46 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Finally, a use for Milsim Operators who've been informed that their PTW is still just a toy gun.

Mines no toy. It’s an M&S toy! 😂

23 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Mines no toy. It’s an M&S toy! 😂

Shoots the same ammo as my Lidl branded one though :P  

Archived