Eye protection...Help!!

Syks
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi people, im using a dye i4 for cqb as our site is very close range and on the whole its been great with just a little fogging every now and then,but, I don't feel I need this type of mask for woodland games and want to run a mesh lower with some goggles,

Could you guys recommend a decent pair of goggles to use please that don't fog like hell and that is safe for airsoft use, not too bothered about the price as longs as not ridiculous money.

• Supporters

Pyramex iForce dual pane goggles are a decent shout.  Used with Revision anti-fog wipes, or your choice of alternative potion, they are hard to fog.

I can still do it though, so have had to go to FMA fan goggles.

• Supporters

nothing out of the ordinary in running a dye outdoors, especially if you still plan on getting up close and personal.

i mainly run bolle raiders, but just recently gave the pyramex's a go and they *seem* to be better at anti-fogging, but that's based on one day's gameplay with a decent breeze so take that with a pinch of salt.

bearing in mind i tend not to run lower face protection because it makes my already bad fogging issue a thousand fold greater.

can't say i liked the fma fan goggles, they might be quiet but the fan has the efficacy of an asthmatic gerbil and has a nasty habit of slipping the battery when youre trying to turn them on so you're never quite sure if they're actually running or not.

I'm a fan of FMA fan goggles :D

I wear glasses as well and they've kept everything fog free so far.

It can be a bit hard to hear but they're just about loud enough that a few clicks of the button will let me know what mode they're in.

Thanks for replys so far, yeah was looking at the iforce duel pane goggles, have them sat in my amazon basket actually lol but wasn't sure if there is anything better, my mate runs his dye i4 for everything but for me seems too overkill for woodland games and my face will get way too hot playing in them during the warmer months

I can seriously fog almost anything so I don't think there is a fog free solution for me lol I can even fog my i4 sometimes where my mate who also runs a i4 gets no fogging at all, I was just wondering what the least likely/best goggles were as I will go for them.

Through the colder months im only doing cqb which is 3hrs a night, from spring and through the warmer months will only be doing woodland, the i4 is the best ive tried so far for not fogging but like I said, I think I will get too hot playing woodland all day in them and does seem overkill as the range of being shot is quite far compared to our cqb site

Will check the fma goggles out also

Thanks

Another option is to use a magnetic wipe similar to a fish tank cleaner.

Easy enough to make a small one with a couple of magnets and bits of felt/cloth stuck on.

Leave it in the corner and give a couple of wipes when needed...

15 minutes ago, Syks said:

Thanks for replys so far, yeah was looking at the iforce duel pane goggles, have them sat in my amazon basket actually lol but wasn't sure if there is anything better, my mate runs his dye i4 for everything but for me seems too overkill for woodland games and my face will get way too hot playing in them in them during the warmer months

I can seriously fog almost anything so I don't think there is a fog free solution for me lol I can even fog my i4 sometimes where my mate who also runs a i4 gets no fogging at all, I was just wondering what the least likely/best goggles were as I will go for them.

Through the colder months im only doing cqb which is 3hrs a night, from spring and through the warmer months will only be doing woodland, the i4 is the best ive tried so far for not fogging but like I said, I think I will get too hot playing woodland all day in them and does seem overkill as the range of being shot is quite far compared to our cqb site

Will check the fma goggles out also

Thanks

Try wearing something to soak the sweat up on your forehead. Sweat running down in to your mask or eye pro can be a problem.

I prefer to run my dye than a lower face mask goggles and a hat. All the straps and bands got annoying. Unless you are not running lower face pro you probably won't be any cooler than with the dye on either.  Big issue with dye masks is taking on water outside the safe zone you need a bladder.

I wear a beanie at cqb which does help soak up the sweat a little but still get a bit of moisture inside the mask sometimes, the dye is great, don't get me wrong, I just think I would prefer goggles and mesh lower for woodland play, if it doesn't work out being any cooler or I get too much fogging then I can always switch back to the i4 :) 

• Supporters

Full disclosure, I use:

A 1980s style sweatband

FMA fan goggles

... running on a 3.7V lipo

.... with DIY double glazing

...  and Revision anti fog wipes

The whole combination together just about works. ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions, think im going to buy the iforce duel pain goggles and see how I get on, will defo nick the 80s headband idea if I can find one lol as I really do sweat like hell! even this time of year im absolutely boiling when doing cqb while others there keep saying how cold it is hahahaha

Thanks again :) 

1 minute ago, Syks said:

Thanks for all the suggestions, think im going to buy the iforce duel pain goggles and see how I get on, will defo nick the 80s headband idea if I can find one lol as I really do sweat like hell! even this time of year im absolutely boiling when doing cqb while others there keep saying how cold it is hahahaha

Thanks again :) 

great to have them spare for gun testing/setup wish mine didn't get moisture between the lenses.

I would get revision fog wipes they helped my iforces .

2 minutes ago, Musica said:

great to have them spare for gun testing/setup wish mine didn't get moisture between the lenses.

I would get revision fog wipes they helped my iforces .

Will defo pick up some anti fog wipes :) and funny you should say yours gets moisture between the lenses, that's exactly what our club rentals do, they fog like crazy but its between the lenses, used to drive me nuts lol and is the main reason why my first ever airsoft purchess was my i4 

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Full disclosure, I use:

A 1980s style sweatband

FMA fan goggles

... running on a 3.7V lipo

.... with DIY double glazing

...  and Revision anti fog wipes

The whole combination together just about works. ;)

see that's a little more than your out of the box fma's :P no wonder they work with all that on top.

i wonder if one could obtain some nanowire if it's feasable to make a mini version of ford's windscreen demister.....

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Syks said:

Will defo pick up some anti fog wipes

I've tried many, many lotions and potions down the years (for motorcycle visor use as well), but Revision wipes are the best I've found yet.

They don't run cheap, but you can sometimes pick up bulk buys on eBay that will last you for years (and make you very popular in the safe zone).

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

1980s style sweatband

Is it actually from the 80s and does the vintage effect the performance? 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, heroshark said:

Is it actually from the 80s and does the vintage effect the performance? 

Pre-moistened by Olivia Newton-John.

Just eBay towelling tat, but it really does seem to help.  The tricky part was finding one in beige.  Mmmm, beige.

I fog and rain out like a haunted bog at 4am during a rainstorm.

I splashed out and got the fan revision desert locusts and a thermal duel pane lens... They don't fog at all so I think I went overkill, but the bastard prescription inserts still fog and press against my long luscious and annoying AF eyelashes. If you don't wear glasses your options are much wider and much more stuff will work right and can probably get away with cheaper options like the FMA Fan goggles (I had a pair, they arrived broken and that was my final straw before going all out £££ on the revisions) :P I also use the revision anti fog wipes, obviously.

I also found a little antiperspirant on the cheeks and forehead helps, preferably from a roll on rather than a spray (I rub it on my fingers then rub my fingers where I want it), but also get in the eyes if sweat picks it up anyway.

On 06/02/2020 at 22:17, EDcase said:

Another option is to use a magnetic wipe similar to a fish tank cleaner.

Easy enough to make a small one with a couple of magnets and bits of felt/cloth stuck on.

Leave it in the corner and give a couple of wipes when needed...

Genius. Why have I never thought about this before. Also with in my limited ability for D.I.Y..👍

That magnetic wipe idea is literally a master stroke! One of the best ideas I’ve ever seen and will be what I’m making this afternoon, I’ve got some Uber powerful ones the size of a nail head which will be perfect 👌

Archived