Poorly Krytac Vector

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My Vector wasn't shooting very well- inconsistent and poor range.
So I thought I'd take it to bits and see what's going on.
The rectangular part that seats the feed tube had snapped. The clip that holds the hop unit had snapped in two as well.
So I'm wondering what to do, as I may as well use this as an opportunity for a little upgrade.
I've tried searching and I'm baffled...
I play in woodland , so need range and accuracy more than RoF - so I'm looking for a new barrel/nub/rubber combination.
I have a suppressor which I can extend the barrel into if needed.
Field limit is 350fps on 0.2.
What could you suggest as a decent barrel/nub/rubber combo?
Any help most appreciated.
TIA 😄

• Supporters

personally i like the PDI 6.01+Maple Leaf macaron+omega nub combo

you need to take a bit of time to get the thing seated all nice and square, and you really need to keep on top of keeping it clean, however the results with some good ammo are pretty damn good.

only issue is the feed-lips on maple leaf's hops can be a bit longer than others, good for a great air seal although if they protrude too much into the hop chamber they can cause feeding issues.

another easier drop-in is the PDI W-Hop, takes a standard nub and is maybe a bit more forgiving, although it'll struggle to life the real heavy ammo.

Archived