sterling airsoft op red ash

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

Is anyone one on here going to op red ash at catterick in March?

It's our first milsim and I've got a few questions about it if anyone can help

What is the ammo limit ?

Can you carry lose rounds to bomb up?

1 hour ago, copperhead airsoft said:

Hi guys

Is anyone one on here going to op red ash at catterick in March?

It's our first milsim and I've got a few questions about it if anyone can help

What is the ammo limit ?

Can you carry lose rounds to bomb up?

All those answers are on the Stirling page or warning order.

Quick answer is loose ammo is kept at harbour area or FOB and ammo limits are generally 600rnds 

I still have nightmares about crossing that cattle grid onto Sennybridge.......horrible horrible place and you nutters PAY to go there.....

2 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I still have nightmares about crossing that cattle grid onto Sennybridge.......horrible horrible place and you nutters PAY to go there.....

Its the unknown if you'll get every weather in the space of an hour that excites me ;) Cattle grids are the least of my worries...

2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Its the unknown if you'll get every weather in the space of an hour that excites me ;) Cattle grids are the least of my worries...

Yep, but thats what the cattle grid signifies - crossing into the micro climate that is Sennybridge

2 hours ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Sorry could of been more specific! Is it worth my while bringing tent, posher sleeping matt etc? Do you know if there is an opportunity to get some sleep post game? Cheers!

For seny it could be either sleeping in buildings and those buildings being in play or you'll have a downtime area (camping) which is out of play, they'll tell you that nearer the time. If its the first scenario I'd suggest either going back to your car (obviously telling staff) to get some uninterrupted sleep or get some shut eye at the first services after the game. If the second scenario then you can get as much or as little sleep as you like but you'll be missing out on game time if you do but again that depends on your taskings as well.

Best bet, wait for the wattsapp group but prepare for both

Guest Airsoft J2

If you're after general milsim advice, I've got a few articles here: http://airsoftj2.co.uk/

I'm also writing some other articles ahead of Stirling's Sennybridge game next weekend so keep an eye out for them.

Main tips from me:

(1) Don't forget to have fun; (2) remember warm kit; (3) make sure you take and drink enough water; (4) get all your kit ready at home so you can rock up and get going and, (5) along the same lines: if/when you get chance to chill out between taskings, do your most important admin first: reload mags, restock on pyro etc and keep any kit you take off tidy so that you're ready to go again as soon you need to.

Archived