Airsoft imports warning!!!!!

Pitbull2211
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On December 19 I purchased a tipmanns m4 carbine HPA set up for airsoft imports after they taken my money. And 8 days later it still hasn't arrive so i contact mr woodhead. To be told that the gun is still in the shop??? I was CHARGED for 48hr postal .so I had to wait a further 8 days before it arrived and opn opening the box i was confronted with a gun with the barrel was out of alignment and the following missing and defective parts. 

1.HPA bottle and gauge where faulty. 

2.HPA line with leaking air. 

3.So with a faulty bottle and gauge i could not     get the HPA bottle refilld??

4.the gun was missing a trigger response cylinder. 

5.barrel was not in alignment. 

6.hop up screw and spring where missing. 

7.hop up  block 

8.broken side flap 

9 defective trigger and hammer. 

I contact tippmann in the USA 

and sent photos of the gun and was advised to get a refund as thay advised me that the gun would need a complete rebuild. 

So on request i had to open a dispute through pay pal and pay pal have side with me and I am waiting on my money to be returned to my bank account so after 2months I still don't have a gun or my money to go get a uther one yet so 

WARNING!!!!!!

AIRSOFT IMPORTS !!!!!!! ARE A TOTAL FRAUD OF A COMPANY. 

CHECK OUT THIS CON MAN AT COMPANY'S HOUSE. 

IT REALLY MAKES GOOD REDING ON MR NICK WOODHEAD..

AND I GAVE HIM 5 STAR REVIEWS JUST BEFORE I PURCHASED THE GUN AS I HAD EMAIL HIM ABOUT THE GUN IN QUESTION. AND I HONESTLY GAVE THIS GUY THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT!!!! 

BIG MISTAKE ON MY  PART 

WELL LESSON LEARNED?????

• Supporters
54 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

He's got a premises in Oswestry. I know it's faff but it would be the quickest way to sort it out. 

While, if pissed off enough, I'd be inclined to visit him, prob best not to as currently you have the law on your side (so to speak), personal confrontations have a habit of escalating rapidly, & while I'm sure Mr Woodhead is well deserved of a few slaps, you'll end up more out of pocket & worse lol.

Nag the shit out of PayPal, & insist they settle up what your owed & they then pursue the money for themselves.

& Then ditch this futile idea of hpa, nobody likes cheats 😜🤣😜🤣

im-not-cheating.jpg

I have been onto PayPal and I have shown them proof that airsoft imports has received the gun back and thay said that they are refunding me my money 🤣 I  lost out in the return postage of £14:00

I suppose that I was more disappointed that mr woodhead did not oner his side of the bargain and supply me a working gun?  As I had a couple of conversations with him before hand about the gun before I purchased it from him???? 

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

While, if pissed off enough, I'd be inclined to visit him, prob best not to as currently you have the law on your side (so to speak), personal confrontations have a habit of escalating rapidly, & while I'm sure Mr Woodhead is well deserved of a few slaps, you'll end up more out of pocket & worse lol.

Nag the shit out of PayPal, & insist they settle up what your owed & they then pursue the money for themselves.

& Then ditch this futile idea of hpa, nobody likes cheats 😜🤣😜🤣

im-not-cheating.jpg

That's true, but I wasn't advocating a confrontation.

You're right but I had to do something similar yesterday and pay a shop a visit. 

Sometimes you have to put on your best friendly bullshit face when dealing with people like that. 

No" it's cool. Just us as customers pass over our money in good faith!!!! And you find that you get nothing back but scrap in a box £300 I mr. Woodhead had the chance to correct it but chose not to so that is the way HE won'ts it that is the way he shall have it?  If I can stop someone from having all the hassle i have had with this guy. 

Well i am happy 

And after all this is what reviews are for to just tell ho my experience was with Airsoft imports Ltd/ Shropshire bus&truck Ltd is ho takes your payment???? When dealing with airsoft imports. All owned by mr woodhead 

A friend of mine had to go down to the shop to deal with an issue at airsoft imports. Seems like you can’t get anywhere with him until you’re stood in his shop kicking off. 

Yeah wo1f he was just giving me the run around. He received the gun on the 26/1/2020 and I had tracking number and 7 days later he still had not told PayPal that he had the gun back so he don every thing he could to delay me getting my refund. Don't get me wrong if I had to go to his shop i would have as I gave him my money I good faith and he sent me a pile of scrap in a box. For £300  m8  check him and his company's that he has shut down the opens up under a different name????

On 03/02/2020 at 14:49, Pitbull2211 said:

Yeah wo1f he was just giving me the run around. He received the gun on the 26/1/2020 and I had tracking number and 7 days later he still had not told PayPal that he had the gun back so he don every thing he could to delay me getting my refund. Don't get me wrong if I had to go to his shop i would have as I gave him my money I good faith and he sent me a pile of scrap in a box. For £300  m8  check him and his company's that he has shut down the opens up under a different name????

Not illegal but frowned upon 

I had issues with this guy last year, ordered a gun that the website said was in stock, paid for 48hr delivery and after waiting a week I rang him only to be told that the gun was still in Japan so it was never in stock in the first place. But he did sound genuine when I aired my frustrations and said he would let me know when it would arrive. 2 weeks later and no contact so rang him again and told the same story again and it should turn up in 2 weeks time. Waited another 2 weeks and no gun, at this point I came across several scathing reviews from people who have had similar dealings so I decided I would go to Oswestry to confront him. However before I actually did that I did a bit of further research into Mr Nick Woodhead in Oswestry and found this:

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/crime/2018/03/13/victim-left-with-tip-of-knife-in-his-back-after-fight-at-oswestry-house/

After reading this I decided a face to face confrontation might not be the best way of dealing with it! For all we know it might not be the same Nick Woodhead that we are discussing but I wasn't going to take the risk. I rang my credit card company who put in a dispute, I got the money back within a few days on my credit card but they said that this would be reversed if he managed to sort me the gun out within 35 day (I think, can't exactly remember). Anyways the gun didn't turn up and the refund was permanently granted. In no way, shape or form should anyone have any dealings with this man or any of his sham companies.

I've dealt with Nick on many occasions over the last few years. Sometimes he can be a bit slow following-up on things due to being too busy for his own good. For example at the moment he is moving to a larger premises and opening a CQB site but I've never had any other issues he hasn't eventually resolved. Whilst I do appreciate not everyone's experience is the same, I don't think it's accurate to describe them as a "Total Fraud of a Company"

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I've dealt with Nick on many occasions over the last few years. Sometimes he can be a bit slow following-up on things due to being too busy for his own good. For example at the moment he is moving to a larger premises and opening a CQB site but I've never had any other issues he hasn't eventually resolved. Whilst I do appreciate not everyone's experience is the same, I don't think it's accurate to describe them as a "Total Fraud of a Company"

He sounds really, really shit.

E: And another

I knew I recognised the name.

" had a few run ins with this guy he used to go to SAWG and come to midwales airsoft  selling on game days as we didnt have a shop to supply the esensials back then but when he told me he was selling seconds as new and i should consider doing the same as the mark up was great we kicked him off site. and set up midwales airsoft shop where im pleased to say we only buy from reputable wholesalers. though because we are only based 30 or so miles away from his rented house and shed showroom. we get a lot of people coming in with faulty guns to repair that he says are out of warrenty. "

Dare I say - total fraud of a company.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Sorry bud, great that you've got what you wanted (eventually), but the numerous public complaints about this guy tell a different story, even if only half were true, it's still too many, this kind of behaviour from a so called retailer wouldn't be acceptable in any other business, why should Airsoft be any different.

Another big alarm bell is the number of companies he's registered only to close, a sure indicator of shady behaviour, likely done to avoid paying creditors.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend or deny anything that they've done wrong. I'm just stating my experience with them, which for the most part has been positive. 

I wish every airsoft retailer was like Bullseye Country Sport (who I genuinely believe offers the best customer service out there). However I don't look at things as one extreme or the other. Like any supplier I work with, I know what Airsoft Imports are good at and what they're not so good at. If you deal with any company (or person for that matter!) armed with that information, you're usually not left disappointed.

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I've dealt with Nick on many occasions over the last few years

Just don't go drinking with him and then turn your back.  That's the same Nick: age and address match.

Seriously though, anyone who repeatedly phoenixes a failed company with (effectively) the same name is a total fraud.  In this case, he's a violent thug and as it turns out, a girlfriend beater as well.  If he caught fire in a lipo explosion I wouldn't even piss on him to put it out.

May explain why he can't fulfill orders if he is at Her Majesty's pleasure most of the time..... LOL what a scumbag

8 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Just don't go drinking with him and then turn your back.  That's the same Nick: age and address match.

Seriously though, anyone who repeatedly phoenixes a failed company with (effectively) the same name is a total fraud.  In this case, he's a violent thug and as it turns out, a girlfriend beater as well.  If he caught fire in a lipo explosion I wouldn't even piss on him to put it out.

If that is the same Nick Woodhead he would be prohibited from possessing firearms for 5 years from the date of release. That includes, in the eyes of the police, airsoft. 

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
2 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

If that is the same Nick Woodhead he would be prohibited from possessing firearms for 5 years from the date of release. That includes, in the eyes of the police, airsoft. 

Is there somewhere I can read up on that? I've not heard of that before. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

If it is, it would be terrible if somebody informed on him 😈

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Is there somewhere I can read up on that? I've not heard of that before. 

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1968/27/section/21 only talks about firearms, not imitations, and airsoft guns[*] are not firearms for the purposes of that Act.

It was discussed here but I don't see that we actually came to a conclusion.

[*] Airsoft guns within the legal energy limits.

Something to bear in mind is that anyone with a collection of airsoft guns, especially ones being teched, is likely to have an auto AEG lying around that is "capable of" propelling "any missile" (any BB, of any weight, including steel or lead) at over 1.3J, and that's a Section 5 prohibited firearm.

Which would only really become an issue if, for example, the police were to seize the collection of someone with multiple convictions for violence, and test them.

52 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

anyone with a collection of airsoft guns, especially ones being teched, is likely to have an auto AEG lying around that is "capable of" propelling "any missile" (any BB, of any weight, including steel or lead) at over 1.3J, and that's a Section 5 prohibited firearm.

This is one of the reasons I shove my airsoft guns under the bed when the plod come round to look at my cabinet, better not to even have that conversation - fortunately it's usually only every 5 years...

Bit of a tangent, but what gets me is you can easily get 50 ft/lbs of muzzle energy from a handheld catapult (think a Blackwidow) or even more from a crossbow and anyone can buy those at a county show/hobby shop; that's over 4x the energy at which an air rifle is reclassified as a firearm.

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Burny said:

you can easily get 50 ft/lbs of muzzle energy from a handheld catapult (think a Blackwidow) or even more from a crossbow and anyone can buy those at a county show/hobby shop; that's over 4x the energy at which an air rifle is reclassified as a firearm

I know, I'm constantly surprised that they haven't been banned out the wazoo yet.  It's really only a matter of time, and a photogenic child.

Archived