Guess who's back. Back again

Solly4568
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ya boy Nov has just released his new line of long rifles which surprisingly don't look too bad. If you look past all the bs he spews during the video it is basically a pre-upgraded VSR 10 with some fancy parts and a 25-year warranty for $300 which seems surprisingly reasonable considering his track record. Prepare for the quick surge of nov snipers on the field and the just as quick flood of those rifles on the Classifieds as the 12-year-olds who bought them realise they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 2m  😂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTA71jFfly4

• Supporters

25 year warranty ?, what a crock of shit  💩

🤣

Ikr you also have to pay shipping which will probably cost more than the parts to begin with 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

25 year warranty ?, what a crock of shit  💩

🤣

Looking at the warranty, it seems like there's a lot of scope for them to reject claims based on user error.

They won't cover user error and I'd imagine it'll be on you to prove that you did everything correctly (spoiler: you won't be able to), and you haven't used any third party parts that may have caused it. I'd imagine as soon as you throw any aftermarket part, like with cars, they'll try and use that as grounds to reject your claim. 

If you play with the SSG-10 for many years and a part breaks or is worn to a degree that the rifle does not function properly, you will get the sparepart for free. 

Unsmooth boltpull Not covered After I fired many shots with my rifle my bolt doesn't freedrop into the receiver anymore. I can hear and feel a light scratching.

Example: The gun doesn't function as designed, there's sign of an issue, but it's not covered because it's not broken enough yet. 

5 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

just as quick flood of those rifles on the Classifieds

charging more than retail price for it too saying stuff like "fully upgraded"

• Supporters

inb4 it doesn't feed.

i think the problem is with these things is that you might be expecting a gun that shoots like his in the videos, but even assuming that it has the same parts i wouldn't be at all surprised to find that his hand-built with care by himself gun featured in the video shoots better than the thrown together in a factory gun by someone who's presumably on minimum wage for whatever country they're living in.

So.

Just had a look around the website.

Lack of TDC: the standard now for bolt action hop chambers, it really doesn't take a nuclear engineer to drill a hole through the barrel and put a grub screw in there. He claims the hop arm fixes the well known VSR arm issue, but a direct pressure from the top will always beat the standard "system"

Cylinder end looks to be pinned. This is the major weakness of the Ares Striker series and unless the cylinder is an absolute masterpiece of craftmanship (which I highly doubt) it's gonna give troubles at higher energy outputs.

Stock:

The SSG10 A2 comes with a SSG-10 adapted Maple Leaf MLC-S1 stock

Adapted stock? Does this mean the receiver is proprietary?

I know the price is inviting at €299 for the standard stock version (honestly, the ML stock is just a fancy money sink. Want your bolty to look good? buy a SRS), but I would consider it once the issues mentioned above are addressed.

A positive point for having an airbrake ready piston though.

the warranty only applies if you put it in a glass case, to look at only. In the event of use the warranty wont apply LOL

Archived