Where are all the BFGs?

TheFull9

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

not the point when you have dropped a decent wedge on it, the airsoft world seems to get away with substandard qualities everywhere, be it sub standard customer service , or in this case quality control

Very true, what other industry could get away with selling products that the buyer already knows they're gonna need to spend considerably more on just to get it working as it should.

Or retailers within the UK selling hot guns, as players we technically run the risk of getting nicked, but a retailer can get away with it.

It's a British thing, we know we'll always get screwed, & yet we still assume the position lol .

2 hours ago, oddjob said:

i picked one up yesterday was hoping to use it today but the mud was a nightmare.

only thing i can say about it is the one i have is not finished to a high standard.

the silver base has a sharp edge and the part it screws to wasnt machined properly leaving a little nub.

nothing a file cant sort 

Tbh mate I can’t fault the QC on mine used it today in CQB no mud every throw was a successful detonation so completely happy with the purchase may be a different matter outdoors but probably get pyro for that no fear of disappearing BFGs

• 1 month later...

Just got a Timed Dynatex and although I haven't used it in a game yet, I love it already.

Mine has stable 4sec delay which is perfect for sliding/rolling to the back of a room or cooking to drop though a window.

It is quite amazing how much pressure is needed to reset the firing pin.  I'm not surprised the impact nades sometimes have problems detonating because they rely on inertia not spring power.

The 209's are plenty loud enough and work out to 9.3 pence per throw.

I would have liked the shrapnel pattern of the SWAT VTG but thats only cosmetic.

(I was going to buy a VTG but luckily the payment failed and got no reply when I emailed)

19 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Just got a Timed Dynatex and although I haven't used it in a game yet, I love it already.

Mine has around 3.5-.4sec delay which is perfect for sliding/rolling to the back of a room or cooking to drop though a window.

It is quite amazing how much pressure is needed to reset the firing pin.  I'm not surprised the impact nades sometimes have problems detonating because they rely on inertia not spring power.

The 209's are plenty loud enough and work out to 9.3 pence per throw.

I would have liked the shrapnel pattern of the SWAT VTG but thats only cosmetic.

(I was going to buy a VTG but luckily the payment failed and got no reply when I emailed)

They are reliable bits of kit just a bitch to reload during a match but never let you down 

Do you know anywhere I can get another top for it as a spare?

I know the VTG and BFG are compatible but I've had a look but can't find anything.

I'll explain why

I don't like the design of the vent out the top because when I tested in the garden it did blacken the grass with the blast and this might cause injury to someone if it lands facing someone prone.

SO... I want to drill some lateral holes through the side like the SWAT VTG design.

But... I'd like to know that I can get a spare if something goes wrong.

(Have you tried putting a BB in the vent hole?  That would be scary 😏)

They’re are a few who sell them but I’ve just looked and none have them in stock just google dynatex adapters 

25 minutes ago, EDcase said:

(Have you tried putting a BB in the vent hole?  That would be scary 😏

No never thought of that and I defo wouldn’t that’s just asking for a trouble for anyone daft enough and the whole sport in general 😳

Yeah I tried that but that just shows the insert adapters not the cap.

I guess I can ask a local machine shop to make one once this covid thing is over.

Of course I don't mean to try a BB in there during a game 😲

I'm not going to try it anyway but I thought that was a bad design decision

Ah yeah but all the others show the inserts.

I'll keep looking.

After all not as if its urgent... 🙄

EDIT:

You can't stop a man with a drill in lock down...

IMG_20200418_203217855.jpg

4 holes around the circumference and actually managed a decent job of symmetry.

Will test tomorrow but can't see it adversely affecting performance... of being loud.

Painted the lower portion silver. Won't last but easy to touch up 😉

Interested to see if anything will vent from your freshly drilled holes

I would honestly expect the glasses to still expel from the most direct route, out the end hole , but try it tomorrow, if anything vents from the fresh apertures, I would suspect a burnt residue inside? 🤷🏻‍♂️

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.