Where are all the BFGs?

TheFull9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

These things used to be all the rage a year or two ago, stores full of many variants, is my google-fu just super weak today?  Have they stopped making TRMRs (and most of the others it seems)?  Are there any good ones still in production these days?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive just brought one of these, https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/airsoft-brands/tectonic-innovations/tectonic-innovations-qu8ke-impact-grenade-quake-pre-order/

They look pretty decent. They are basically 3rd gen Alpha Tecs. They’re being just being released so mine should come in the next week or so. 

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Spoon987 said:

pre-order/

mine should come in the next week or so

source.gif

Courtesy of being traumatised by SWAT.

Looking forward to seeing positive reviews.  The Alpha Tecs looked good, but they've been abandonware for years.

Haha yeah I read of your traumatic experience, I’m keeping my everything crossed for a better outcome. Ill bob a review on when it arrives. 

• Supporters

Is that it in the UK right now?  One pre-order?  Damn, did they fall out of popularity when I wasn't looking?  I found my trmr pretty handy the few games I played with it.  You have to be very careful with 'em so as to not give some poor bugger a concave head but the cost of a 209 vs a paper bang is a hell of a difference.

BFG options right now are:

OG Dynatex.  Timed and impact variants.

QU8KEs.  Looking like a release late next week or the week starting the 10th.  Supposedly delay is due to an issue with anodizing. 

SF-DIs.  They've been out for a while but pretty much no user reports.  Pretty meh reception. 

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/torc-precision

Pulse Armaments B1.  These look cool and I'll probably pick one up assuming they're not randomly discontinued.  I've heard good things from those that have purchased them.

https://www.airsoftworld.net/pulse-armaments-b1-variable-timing-training-device-209-primer-blank-firing-device.html

SWAT VTG (ha) Not going to link as no one should ever buy from them.

And there's the MAS-G if you fancy pissing your money down the drain.

13 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

OG Dynatex.  Timed and impact variants.

I can 100% endorse these, I have the timed variant and over the 200 odd blanks I have put through it (9mm and .209 primer) it has never failed or faulted once. It is also alway hilarious throwing it around a corner, it hit the ground, the enemy screaming dud before it goes off under their ass😂nothing is more satisfying😋  They are the best for the money in my opinion 

On 31/01/2020 at 20:38, Solly4568 said:

I can 100% endorse these, I have the timed variant and over the 200 odd blanks I have put through it (9mm and .209 primer) it has never failed or faulted once. It is also alway hilarious throwing it around a corner, it hit the ground, the enemy screaming dud before it goes off under their ass😂nothing is more satisfying😋  They are the best for the money in my opinion 

I agree. 

Timed dynatex is the best grenade I've used, and now the only one I bother with. 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

How much is the going rate for a used Dynatex in decent condition?

Around £50, although I've seen em sell quick at £60, tmr's seemed to hit them hard initially, but as has been said, the solidness & reliability has made them popular again.

I asked Tectonic Innovations for an update today with regards to how progress is going for the release of the first batch of their impact grenades. Apparently they’re just printing the logos on them and then they’ll be sent out. I’m keeping my fingers crossed it will be with me soon. 

On 02/02/2020 at 23:38, Tackle said:

Around £50, although I've seen em sell quick at £60, tmr's seemed to hit them hard initially, but as has been said, the solidness & reliability has made them popular again.

Phew 😅 

I spotted one in a bundle for sale, and managed to negotiate on it

(at least I didn’t pay too much for it - hopefully it works)

should be here for the weekend 

Do the Dynatex need any form of maintenance?

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Spoon987 said:

I asked Tectonic Innovations for an update today with regards to how progress is going for the release of the first batch of their impact grenades. Apparently they’re just printing the logos on them and then they’ll be sent out. I’m keeping my fingers crossed it will be with me soon. 

That's encouraging, and they're not hugely late as these things go.  Nice big bobbly head on them, should give them a decent chance of going off.

55 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Do the Dynatex need any form of maintenance?

So far I have not needed to do any on mine they are super reliable because dirt can't get in to it at all because the only hole in the design is blocked by the blank. So it just pull the pin and run like hell😋

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

So far I have not needed to do any on mine they are super reliable because dirt can't get in to it at all because the only hole in the design is blocked by the blank.

Agreed, and I'd avoid the temptation to put any lube down the pin-hole.  My VTG (Dynatex knock off) went to instant-bang after I did that, and took quite a few cycles to get a delay back again.

Airsoft world have just got these back in, not sure what they’re like but they seem quite versatile with the ability to adjust the timing on the grenade. 
https://www.airsoftworld.net/pulse-armaments-b1-variable-timing-training-device-209-primer-blank-firing-device.html

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Spoon987 said:

Airsoft world have just got these back in, not sure what they’re like but they seem quite versatile with the ability to adjust the timing on the grenade. 

Oof, that price though.

The timing on Dynatexes (Dynatexen?) is apparently adjustable after disassembly:

http://www.alisterchapman.com/airsoft/dynatex-bfg-grenades-how-to-service-them/

https://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/208255-dynatec-dynatex-vtg-bfg-how-it-works-and-take-down/

Dynatexi? 
Yeah the Qu8ke I just brought wasn’t cheap either at £134.99. But the Mrs insisted on buying it me for my birthday. 

That’s pretty interesting. I do want a timed grenade. But I didn’t like the idea of a fixed time. 5 seconds can be a long time in a skirmish.  I’m putting serious thought in to getting the dynatex now though. I wonder if there is a way to adapt it to make it more adjustable on the fly. 

Tectonic innovations have just put a few clips up on Facebook showing their laser engraving process. Looks like any humps they came across originally are smoothed out now and they’re back on track for distribution. 

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Thanks Rogerborg, that’s invaluable information in those links 👍

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Thanks Rogerborg, that’s invaluable information in those links 👍

I'm now trying to resist the urge to take my perfectly functional VTGs apart... ;)

I Also endorse The Dynatex i have both the Timed and Impact ones, The Timed one is just perfect for outdoors it goes off 100% of the time , Bit of a bugger to reload mid combat as you have to press the detonator pin down but its worth it for the 100% bang rate.

The impact one i got for £40 new at defcon on a sale day, but looking at a lot of the site's they have all jumped in price.

I think that’s got to be my aim now. I need to pick up a timed to go with my impact when it arrives. I’m kind of kicking myself for not getting the timed first now. Most of the CQB sites near me are out of action for a bit. So an impact isn’t going to really serve me well yet. 

Archived